Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

States See who visits from your state!

Old 09-22-2002, 04:40 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Hi Neighbor

Since I live so close to Wisconsin, I thought I'd check in and see if there's anyone home. I'm not too far from Hudson, but most of my family is in New Holstein, Chilton, and Appleton. I also have an uncle in a nursing home in Rhinelander.

My mother was born in Ellsworth, so you see I guess I'm sort of a Minnesota/Wisconsin person.

I'll be waiting to hear from you. Don't bring up football though!

Old 09-27-2002, 05:55 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Pinkie Winky

Hello from Wis. I live on the bottom of the state, but I also have family in appleton, Omro, Waupaca, and all over up there. No football hey? Could it be because the Pack Rules. LOL,
Old 09-27-2002, 10:52 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Every day, all winter, and part of the summer, all I hear is VIKINGS. All I can say is "get a life." There's a whole world out there and it doesn't consist of only the Vikings. I have never been a football fan (baseball is my game), but I certainly wouldn't go for this team with all their woes and bellyaching.

If you're way down in Wisconsin you can't be too far from the Twin Cities, or are you over by Milwaukee or Madison? I have been to Whitewater and a suburb of Milwaukee, driven through Madison and others and like the whole state.
Old 09-27-2002, 11:59 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I LOVE football, my husband are football junkies. I used to watch alot of baseball, but with these strikes and almost strikes, I have had it, and for what ?? more money, like they don't make enough now. please. Yes I am near Milwaukee. Glad to hear from you.
Old 09-27-2002, 04:34 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

My brother was manager of a Perkins Restaurant in Milwaukee, and he lived in Hartland where I visited him. After that he went to Stevens Point, and then to Appleton and Chilton. We lost him seven years ago at the young age of 54 due to stomach and esophageal cancer.

I'm all excited about the Twins because they won the division championship. Hopefully they will go on to the World Series as they did before. My fingers are crossed.
Old 09-28-2002, 07:50 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Good luck to your Twins, we only have those sorry Brewers. Sorry to hear about your brother. My dad also had esophageal cancer. They took out his stomach to make a new esophagis. We were very lucky it worked and he has been cancer free for 4 years now.
Old 09-29-2002, 11:57 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Your dad is very fortunate to have caught that insidious disease in time, and I send many blessings for a long, healthy life free of cancer.

I'm listening to the Twins now, and we're always struggling against the White Sox. It makes for an edge-of-the-chair day! My husband is watching your Packers.
Old 10-08-2002, 11:13 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi, I'm in WI also.

GO PACK!

anyway, I am in WI, on the lakeshore. (Lake Michigan) We have family in Sturgeon bay, Sheboygan, Chilton, Newton, Manitowoc, Two Rivers.

Anyone else from or near WI, or just us 3??

By the way, big packer fans here, too. Well, I've seen bigger fans. We don't spend the $$$$ to decorate our home and yard and cars with the green & gold!!
Old 10-08-2002, 12:30 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Hi EBowen. Being a fairly small town, I'm surprised how many people have family and/or friends in Chilton.
Not being a football fan, I don't much care to watch any, but if I did it wouldn't be the Vikings. I know Wisconsin "CLOSES" when the Packers play because we have driven through and didn't see a soul on football Sunday.

My thoughts now are on the Twins and I'm just ecstatic that they beat Oakland. Tonight we face the Angels and I'm hoping to see them go on to the World Series with either the Braves or the Giants, preferably the latter. GO TWINS!!!
Old 10-09-2002, 10:18 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Pinkie Winky

We are big packer fans too, but we also do not spend all the money. But we never miss the game. Good luck to the twins, untill they reach the Cards. I have been a Cards fan since I was about 2 years old. Glad to hear there is someone else out there from good ol Wis.