Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

States See who visits from your state!

Old 03-02-2003, 11:53 AM
FamilyCorner Junkie
FamilyCorner Junkie

Usually the furthest downstate I go is Sartoga Springs to visit my Aunt & cousin.

As of today all I know is June - she's my age (30's) and her mom is coming in. No kids. Not this time anyway. Oh, they're coming from California. I was suppose to go out there in April and June, but not sure what I'm doing. I may return back with them. My friend, whom introduced me to this friend is out there. Her daughter is graduatiing in June.

Will let you know more details as time approaches!
Old 03-02-2003, 12:36 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Trainlady I got to spend an all too brief 2 days in NY city and I don't think my feet have recovered all these many years later. WHAT a fantastic time! I was with 3 people who had been there previously so I had my own tour guides. By all means see Soho! I think that was my favorite spot due to all the shopping I did. I even made a frend there. I was shopping his little spot and when finished he shook my hand and told me it "had been a pleasure shopping with" me! I had a ball. I spent my time exclaiming, $1?! I'll take 3! He was great. Also Times Square-at night if you can. We saw cops everywhere, even while an old drunk peed in front of us because we wouldn't give him any money. We just laughed and kept going. Take plenty of money and don't expect change. I bought a .50 bottle of water, handed the vendor $1 and he kept the change! He looked at me like, "What are you waiting on?"
Buy those cheap t-shirts from the street vendors--they're great and cheap. We even had a guy walk up with a briefcase full of watches.
Oh I love that city. People were not rude nor the least scary. I would love to take my family there some day and if I ever win the lottery will do just that. I want to see it all from the back of a limo with a personal tour guide.

Jayne who has so many wonderful memories of her 2 days there she can't get them all out

Don't forget Little Italy and Chinat Town (stinky place)--just a block or two apart!

Editor of FREE Penny Pincher freebie newsletter:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOLPennyPincher/

Subscribe: [email protected]

Special Member of the Family
Become an Honorary Member

Old 08-23-2005, 06:23 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Bumping up for Deb.

hugs, train
Old 08-24-2005, 05:33 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Thanks Donna!!!

Val I did not know you lived in New York!!!!! Boy would it be cool to see you!!!!

I am looking for specific information on tourist attractions and lodgings. My hubby and I have enough airmiles to fly free and this is one place I have always wanted to go see. I would like to go in the new year but if not then definitly within the year. If anyone knows of any great web pages with maps etc please let me know. I am having a hard time visualizing the area and where everything is. Thats why hubby never lets me navigate when we are travelling!!!! LOL I just want to have a very clear idea in my head where I am going and staying.

Hugs Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson