Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

States See who visits from your state!

Old 07-17-2002, 08:41 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
chuckle YIPEE !!! Our new WalMart Supercenter opened today !!!

I am extremely happy for this because this means that I can finally shop somewhere decent for food and pay a decent price for it !

Plus its only 5 minutes away from home !! ;-)

We went for all of the freebies today, LOL ! Lets see.....we had free ice cream, cake, cookies and pop. Got a sample of hair conditioner, DS got a dog balloon, 2 pencils a keychain & a comb, then got to go tot he petting zoo that they had set up outside. The kicker was seeing us in the horse drawn buggy LOL !!!
Old 07-18-2002, 07:14 PM
Nine Year Member

We have a Walmart Supercenter here in Stroudsburg. What an awesome store. It's so big that I often find myself a little confused!!!! So much to offer in one store!! Enjoy!!!!!!
Old 07-19-2002, 06:23 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi, I am lucky enough to live equal distances apart from two Wal-Mart Supercenters. One is in Lebanon, and the other is in St. Clair. They're both about 30 minutes away. I could spend hours there.
Old 07-19-2002, 07:24 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I ashamed to say that it opened Wed. and so far weve been there everyday !! I went to look around Wed., Dh wanted to go last night and today I have to go grocery shopping ! My DS is loving all of the free samples they are giving out.

BTW, Welcome to this site !! Great to see another Pa-er here !!

Tami
Old 07-19-2002, 05:35 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

You're going to love it!! I do almost all my shopping there. I find that their everyday prices are lower than the sale prices at regular grocery stores. But watch out - it's easy to overspend too! They have so much neat "stuff!"
Old 07-20-2002, 09:21 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

LOVE WalMart!

We love our Wal-Mart! It's in Indiana, PA about 15 minutes away. I always shop there when I have to buy a lot of groceries. I can't believe how much you can save.

But you do have to be careful! You see so many bargains, that you usually come home with a lot more than you expected!!!!

Bev
http://www.now.at/noni
Old 08-01-2002, 11:10 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Oh wow!
Listening to you all talk I can't wait til they open our super wal-mart. Right now I would have to drive atleast a hour to get to one.

Is it true the super walmarts have washers and dryers that can be put on layaway?
Old 08-01-2002, 11:53 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Welcome Avon Mom

I dont know about the washers & dryers, Ill have to check that one out.

Your are all right though, its easy to overspend there ....especially on groceries !!

I have noticed that some of the prices are already creeping up. Ive read that if you have 2 WalMarts within a close distance, they charge more for certain items at both stores ( different items at each store). If you find a price difference, bring it to their attention and they will adjust it accordinly.

This has prompted me to start a price book since I have 3 major grocery stores within a 1/2 mile. The other 2 have double coupons up to 99 cents so Im on the lookout for the best bargain.

Im a little disappointed that this store doesnt have quite the selection of food that some stores do but Ill take it anyway !

Cant wait for the Dollar Tree store to open !! Now thats my downfall........
Old 08-02-2002, 02:49 AM
Nine Year Member

ajrsmom

I know exactly what you mean...some of Walmart's prices seem to be creeping up. I find myself overspending at Walmart quite frequently. I think it's because they have way to much to offer! I'd probably be ok...but I can't stay out of "clearance" sections!!!

There are two Dollar Tree's in my area. I lover those stores. And let me tell you, I can walk out of those dollar stores without a dollar in my pocket. LOL

Lauri
Old 08-02-2002, 10:47 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

No kidding!

They just put in a Dollar General here. It isn't hard to spend all of your money. If i watch though i can get more there with what i got than at the grocery store for the same things.

We did have a Family Dollor about 5 miles away but it burnt to the ground about 2 months ago. Man I hope they get it rebuilt soon.