Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

States See who visits from your state!

Old 07-11-2002, 01:39 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Anybody from the Kansas City area?

Just wondering if I'm the only Kansan on the board? I'm from Overland Park, married with children and a stay at home mom.
Old 07-14-2002, 02:54 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi, I'm not in KC, I call Goodland, KS home.

Ash
Old 07-14-2002, 07:41 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hi ashes. Glad to hear from a fellow Kansan. Is it hot out your way? (Of course it is its July!) Have a great day and hope to hear from you again.
Old 07-14-2002, 07:58 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Glad to meet another Kansian as well! Not alot of them out there, or so it seems. You know, it hasn't been too bad lately, but a few weeks ago...I thought I was going to melt! Makes for some very grumpy people in this house.LOL I'm happy to meet you and look forward to getting to know you.

Ash
Old 07-14-2002, 08:12 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hey Ash, I just clicked on your profile and noticed that you are new to the community. I signed up in March and just Love it. Some really great people here with some great ideas, etc. Enjoy yourself.

Last edited by Juliecc913; 07-14-2002 at 11:46 AM.
Old 07-20-2002, 10:56 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Julie~

I saw that you edited your post. I didn't answer because I thought you might be talking to someone else!LOL

Yes, so far, I really like it here, though I don't have time to post as much as I'd like. Having 3 kids at home for the summer has been a real hand full!

It's been awfully hot here lately. No storms in sight and I sure would be willing to face a tornado just to get some rain. We have water restrictions in effect here. How about in KC? Is it humid there? I've never been to KC.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Ash
Old 07-27-2002, 09:03 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi Julie, Ash

Hi!
Just thought I would jump in and introduce myself. My name is
Karen. Nice to meet the two of you.
I am from Wichita, KS, and it is hotter than the dickens here.

Yes, there aren't two many from Kansas that gather around here.
I check every once in awhile just to see if anyone has posted here,nice to see you two have.

Well, just thought I would pop in.

Take Care,
Karen
Old 07-28-2002, 10:34 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hi Karen and Ash. Just got back from a short trip to Indiana. The countryside was beautiful through Illinois and Indiana and MUCH cooler. Back now to KC and it is HOT HOT HOT and yes it is humid. We need rain here too. Our grass is turning brown and while we were away my son's flowers died (I forgot to deal with them. I feel so bad). Have a great week and hope to hear from you both again.
Old 07-28-2002, 12:40 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi Karen and Julie~

I guess we're lucky since we don't have any grass!LOL We moved in the house and the lawn was nothing but stickers, so we killed the grass and then tilled the whole thing. Too bad it's been too hot to plant grass seed, but come Fall, we'll get some seed down. The neighbors lawns are really suffering because of water restrictions and no rain fall. We get these storms through that get you excited about the rain, but then....nothing! I live in the Kanorado/Colby split, so Kanorado(30 miles west) and Colby(30 miles east) get rain, but we get squat!LOL

It's been hot here as well, so much so that the kids won't go outside and play for more than 10 minutes. So, we're all hot and sticky, which makes for some pretty grumpy company!

I know I might be kicking myself for saying this come December, but I hope we have a wet winter.

I had trandplanted some iris several weeks ago with the hopes that tey would flourish, but no matter how often I water then, they're mighty pathetic looking, so I can relate to the flower plight!

It sure is nice to meet some other people from Kansas!

Ash
Old 08-15-2002, 07:10 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi Julie & Ash,

The only thing growing around my flower garden is marigolds, they do pretty well in the heat. But all the other flowers have
died.

We have had some pretty bad storms here too, the kind of
thunder that rattles your whole house.

Do either one of you refund or shop using coupons for bargains?

I have been busy with my label service and catalog sales. And
getting the kids ready for school. I have a son 13, and a daughter who is 10. It seems like the summer break went so
fast.

Well, talk to you guys later!

Take Care and stay cool,
Karen