Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

States See who visits from your state!

Old 02-22-2004, 09:08 PM
Assistant Moderator

Ohhh now I'm jealous... sledding!! No we don't get snow at all in the winter here our lowest only goes to 40*F.
We've just finished our summer school holidays 13th Dec to 28th Jan, we do a school year form Jan to Dec but the weather is still pretty darn hot, hot, hot!!
We went down south to the snow 3yrs ago now it was a very long 17hr drive plus stops. We have to go up into the southern mountains of New South Wales.
I don't mind snow every 5-10yrs but that's enough for me........... although at the moment sledding does sound pretty good!!

http://www.wilmap.com.au/ausmaps/default.htm
Above is a link for an Australian map I live between Brisbane and the Gold Coast on the coast, in Queensland and the snow is just inland and down south of Canberra. Australia is basically the same size in land mass as the US, the US beats us by just a fraction.

Old 11-21-2004, 06:24 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Hi all you Kansans, I'm a newbie of about a month. I live in Salina, Ks., I am married -14 yrs, we have one son-13 yrs, and I am a SAHM, I do Daycare 7 days per week. Mon - Fri I work from 6:15 a.m. till 1:00 a.m. yes they are 19 hour days. On Sat. only 14 hours and on Sundays either walk-ins or 8 hours. But the bright side is I AM getting debt free. We have gotten rid of 14 creditors in 2 1/2 yrs.

I do hope I am not the only one here, and that someone else is out there
Old 01-04-2005, 08:39 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hi T.M., I'm Julie from Overland Park. I've been gone from the site for probably six months. We just got a new Apple computer and I'm going to try to hop back on the boards several times a week as I have missed my old friends on this site. It has been good to see some of the same old names and I'm glad to see the new ones too.

I've been married 10 years, it is a second marriage and we have four boys 23, 20, 19 and 6. I stay at home now with the youngest one. It makes for very tight times but is so great to be home with him. He is in kindergarten.

I see that you do day care -- and long hours too. Good day care is very important and may God bless you in your work and bless the little ones in your care.