Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

States See who visits from your state!

Old 08-15-2002, 10:06 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Refund or Coupons

Hi Karen....glad to hear someones flowers have survived this heat. The storms we've had haven't been too bad. But, the further southeast you go, the worse they are, at least that's what I've heard on the news. I sure wish we could get more and more and more rain. Our temps have been wonderful though....70's this past weekend with upper 50's a night.

I use coupons, but I have to get them from friends or somehow come by them from other towns since we don't get fliers for other towns grocery stores. I do look online for their specials.

I too, am having to get ready for school. I have a 7 year old girl and a 9 year old going to school, as well as the almost 4 year old at home. I decided this year that any clothes needed to come from Old Navy or Wal-Mart this year since things are tighter. They have both been pretty understanding about it, though my 7 year old is none too happy about not being able to get any of the clothes she's seen on Lizzie McGuire. I try to tel her that the clothes that she sees are the kinds of clothes we MADE when I was a girl. She's very skeptical.

I have to tell someone what I heard the other day from a neighbor, who is also a friend of mine. She's lived here all her life, so she knows everyone. I guess one of my neighbors called and they were chatting, this lady said that the people in the yellow house(us) were strange because she'd never seen the kids outside to play(never mind the triple digit temps, right?), she thinks we are with the witness protection program because we aren't outside very much and drive suspicious vehicles and that we stay up too late at night so we are probably vampires too! DH and and I laughed so hard we were crying! So, THEN my friend askes me with a bit of a embarressed look on her face, if we are in the witness protection program! I told her no, we weren't, but then again, we wouldn't be able to tell her if we were! And here I thought we were blending in!

Ash
Old 08-16-2002, 01:35 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Oh Ash, that is too funny.

We've had a little rain this past week. Which was sorely needed. We didn't have the finances available to do any additional flowers this year--I miss them. However, with this heat I didn't have worry about losing anything except the grass and my mother's day forsythia.

Yes Karen, I coupon some and refund even less. I like the idea of it though. I shop at Price Chopper because they are a Upromise member (a college savings program) and they print out coupons for you to use at the register that tend to go along with your previous purchases. Today I got a coupon for $1.00 off Scott Towels (the brand I use) and $1.00 off DelMonte Fruit To Go packs (I also purchase these). Plus, I used a coupon I got from them last week to get $1.00 off Hamburger helper (which I also always buy) and got a coupon printed off for $1.50 off my next shopping trip! Love it! The receipt reflects that I saved a total of $21.92 between coupons and buying stuff we needed that was on sale.

Talk to you guys again soon.
Old 08-24-2002, 07:49 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hey gals, we're in the 80s over here with cloud cover. Our grass actually needs to be mowed!

I want to put up some window boxes (I found some plastic ones at WalMart) and need some suggestions for what to plant in them for the fall. Any ideas?

Hope you all have a great weekend. Any plans for Labor Day?
Old 09-24-2002, 07:54 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi Guys,
It's Karen.
I bet you thought I'll never be back.
I have to tell you what happened.

I cancelled my at&t account. So I had to go and find a better
service, which didn't cost me a arm and leg. I got a new one
with earthlink know. Then my computer crashed, just could not
get it to do anything, had to redo the whole computer, ever had
that happen?

Anyhow, I am back.
Read over some of the past replies from you two. So nice to
hear that you are using coupons, to save a buck of two, .

So, let me know what you two have been doing.
Fall is rolling in. But tommorrow we are to be 88 degrees.

Talk to you later,
Karen
Old 09-25-2002, 11:46 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Glad you are back Karen!

Kids are in school, the weather has turned cooler, I've planted some mums and asters and fall pansies. Things are greening up again. I'm sure it's been too dry to have a pretty fall though.

Been reorganizing my coupons. Can't think of any spectacular savings I've made recently although a couple of weeks ago, I didn't buy anything that didn't have a coupon--that was fun.

Talk to you soon
Old 10-06-2002, 11:08 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi

Sorry I've been gone so long. It's been busy around here with football and school starting.

I actually have grass growing now that the weather has cooled down...too bad it'll die soon.

Wow...what a disaster you went through with your computer...doncha just hate it when everything falls apart at once?

Well, I'm trying to come up with craft ideas for the kids for halloween so we can decorate the front of the house. I think I might have a few things up my sleeve to appease their decoration desires...what kinds of things have you guys come up with for your kids to make or do this time of year?

I decided to take some old card board boxes I have and cut out gravestones to stake in the yard as well as making a scarecrow to put on the front porch.

We had a bought with the flu here last week and my 4 year old has been the only victim so far, but it sure was scary since last year he had pneumonia and I was afraid he might have it again, but he seems to be getting better quickly.

I hope you all are well and I'll be sure to check in more often since we're getting to the point of developing a pattern now that school and after school activities has reached a manageable pattern.

Ash
Old 02-03-2004, 09:10 PM
Assistant Moderator

Hi everyone how is winter going in Kansas?

Old 02-13-2004, 03:32 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hi Bilby. It is COLD here. We got hit with about 12 inches of snow last weekend (the kids loved it because there was no school and some fabulous sledding). Just prior to that we had had an ice storm (it came so hard and quick that we had ice dams forming in our gutters and downspots--poor hubby was out on a ladder with the garden hose that he had hooked to our hot water heater to flush the frozen areas away). Save our gutters and we don't have any interior water damage.

It's supposed to be in the 30's the next couple of days so that will be better.
Old 02-20-2004, 06:47 PM
Assistant Moderator

The kids in your area are missing school because of so much snow and ours are going to miss out because it's too hot go figure. 105 today and last night was 80*F still at 10.30pm when I went to bed.

I could do with a bit of your snow at the moment, would you like to make a snowangel for me and tell how cool it makes you feel.

Old 02-22-2004, 04:51 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Do you get snow were you are during your winter period? We get up into the 100's during our summer but our kids don't go to school during the summer here.

I didn't make a snow angel but I crash spectacularly while sledding a few times--it was great.