Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

States See who visits from your state!

Old 02-18-2009, 08:48 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

California Chat

Hello California friends..........Linda, Laura, Jacki ............anyone else here from CA?

Interested in getting a California chat thread going again?

How is everyone doing?
Whats new?

hugs, train

Old 03-07-2009, 06:25 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Hi Donna,

I just now found this post. I don't believe I know who Jacki is. How are you doing?

My job is going okay. I get to stay with one other lady and finish up the work that the others neglected to do since last November when I had been transferred to another office. I was sent back in February, so I am enjoying working in the same clinic in Tulare again.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:03 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hi Laura,
Jacki's user name is Johnnnysgirl. She lives east of me in the mountains.

I am so sorry for all you have gone thru, workwise. How long of a drive is it for you to Tulare? Is this permanent work or are you still up in the air?

I am doing better now, I think I was really over extending myself, doing way too much outside the house then trying to figure why I couldn't "keep up." LOL!

Also, was really, really busy planning my parents 50th anniversary celebration. That was a LOT of work but totally worth it!

hugs, train
Old 03-10-2009, 07:01 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Hi Donna,

I'm glad you're doing better and taking some time to enjoy life with square dancing.

It's exactly 10 miles from my house to the clinic in Tulare. They left me and one other lady there temporarily to finish up the tapes that had been backed up since last November, so it is not permanent but I am enjoying working there in a familiar place for now.
Old 03-14-2009, 08:17 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Oh thats not too bad of a drive then! Wasn't sure how far you were going.

I went down to my sisters a few days, just got back yesterday. We had a nice visit, wics I got to see her more often though.
She homeschools her four girls so is a very busy mom!

Whatcha' been doing for fun? Read any good books or seen any movies?

hugs, train
Old 03-16-2009, 07:25 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Hi Donna,

Glad to hear you had a nice visit with your sister. Where does she live? I just had one brother who passed on when he was 24. He was a St. Patrick's Day baby and tomorrow would be 56. I don't get depressed on his birthday anymore and am glad for the years that he was here.

Fun, what's that? LOL. Between work and trying to keep the house looking halfway decent, I have read some short stories from a book called Christian Miralces by James S. Bell and Stephen R. Clark. It has some really encouraging and uplifting short stories in it. I got it at DD's Discount Store.

I rarely go to the movies since we have satellite and most of those are older, except for the Pay Per View. I would like to see Fireproof with Kirk Cameron it in. A couple months ago the writers/producers were on a Christian radio station that I listen to.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:41 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Well, I sure am on a slow train, aren't I!
I am SO sorry for not posting back to you. Seems I post in so many places than I forget where I wrote!

First I want to say I am SO sorry that you lost your brother at such a young age. You must miss him very much. What are some of your memories of him?

My sister lives down south in Orange County.
I LOVE going to the beach when I visit her!

Did you end up seeing Fireproof? How was it?
The last movie I saw was Hannah Montana (LOL!!) that my nieces drug me to!!!!

Has work got any easier?

hugs, me who promises not to take so long to answer next time!
Attached Images

Old 04-28-2009, 07:54 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Hi Donna,

Don't worry about waiting so long to reply. I know how life gets busy sometimes. I used to like the beaches in Orange County too. I grew up just over the hill from Whittier and 45 minutes away from the beach. My parents had an extra house in Long Beach that we went to every other weekend.

Long Beach wasn't very clean when I went back once with some friends in my college years. There was a lot of broken glass everywhere. Which beach do you go to in Orange County?

Hannah Montana? Well, if you had nephews they would probably want you to see some monster movie with them.

Yes, I did see the movie "Fireproof" and really liked it. I had heard the producers talk about it on the radio and they said they didn't have all the fancy props like Hollywood does, so they had to get permission to actually burn down a house. I wondered how they did that without anybody getting hurt. The main story was about their marriage and how they worked through their problems.

Work has calmed down for now. They moved two of us to the Visalia Clinic and we have enough old work and new to keep us busy for about another month at least.

My brother knew the Lord, so I believe that I will see him again in heaven some day. We used to play a lot of games together. When we were little it was hide and seek and baseball with a plastic bat and ball (although he always won that), then board games, especially Monopoly. Then it was basketball and card games. He talked me into going back to church when I was becoming a rebellious teenager and he introduced me to Danny, who is my husband now.

How's life on the south side? How's Mark?
Old 05-04-2009, 03:26 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hi Laura,
I just read about the movie "Fireproof" and now I REALLY want to see it! It sounds really good!
I also want to see the Soloist. HAve you seen or heard about that one?
Oh, and I've STILL got those HAnnah Montana songs in my head! LOL!

We just finished up our Relay For Life weekend. It Poured rain on Friday night when we were setting up our tents. God brought out the sunshine on Saturday though and i completed 22 laps!!! Our team raised 17,000 and as a whole Bakersfield raised 1.7 million! we remain # 1 in the nation!!!!!

Tonight we have square dancing, our regular Monday night date! That has really turned out to be a lot of fun!

Next weekend I am taking my mom to see the play "Menopause" for Mothers Day!

When we visit my sis we usually go to Laguna beach. it is really pretty there! I've not been to Long Beach.
My fav is still Morro Bay. I just love the small town feel of the place. At night time, except for the sound of the wind on the sails and the seagulls, it's so peaceful!

I am glad to hear your work calmed down for you. How is Danny doing these days? That is cool that your brother introduced you two. I am so sorry you lost your brother though. I agree, you will surely see him one day again, up in heaven.

Mark is doing well. His company recently moved into town. He was working in the office 20 miles north of town. It wasn't that bad a drive but it was taking a lot of money for gas........now he is 3 miles down the street!

hugs, train

Old 05-16-2009, 03:57 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Quote:
I just read about the movie "Fireproof" and now I REALLY want to see it! It sounds really good!
I also want to see the Soloist. HAve you seen or heard about that one?
No, I haven't seen or heard of the movie, Soloist but it sounds interesting.

Quote:
We just finished up our Relay For Life weekend. It Poured rain on Friday night when we were setting up our tents. God brought out the sunshine on Saturday though and i completed 22 laps!!! Our team raised 17,000 and as a whole rased
Quote:
1.7 million! we remain # 1 in the nation!!!!!
That's wonderful. I remember that freak rainstorm we had that Friday afternoon.

Quote:
Tonight we have square dancing, our regular Monday night date! That has really turned out to be a lot of fun!

Glad that you are enjoying Square Dancing. I took it as a P.E. class in Jr. College and think I got more exercise in that class than any other P.E. class. I loved it but Danny is not into it.

Quote:
Next weekend I am taking my mom to see the play "Menopause" for Mothers Day!

I haven't heard of that one. How was it?

Quote:
My fav is still Morro Bay. I just love the feel
Quote:
of the place. At night time, except for the sound of the wind on the sails and the seagulls, it's so peaceful![/color]
[/color]

On the Central Coast Pismo used to be our fav but the last April it was disappointing because a lot of the pier shops had closed. The beach was still clean and pretty but we decided that we like Cambria better. Last time we went to Morro Bay it seemed to be more a fishing town and we're not into that.

Quote:
How is Danny doing these days?

Danny is okay except for his allergies are acting up a lot. He works for the City Parks & Recreation Dept. now and likes it most of the time and we are both glad that it is much closer to home than Old Oak was.

Glad to hear that Mark is doing well and working closer to home too.

I read on another thread that you were planning another train trip, so hope you get this before you leave. If not, I waited too long to reply. Lately, I've had trouble keeping up with my mail and e-mail but always get a lot more in April too. May is about half over now too, eeek!

Last edited by apricot; 05-16-2009 at 04:10 PM.