Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

States See who visits from your state!

Old 01-31-2010, 04:22 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Happy New Year!

Catlover... I don't know anyone on the Indiana Forum (except you)

Apricot.. I enjoy both Banana Bread and Gingerbread. I especially love molasses in anything. Did you find a suitcase for Dh's Christmas? I received a wide angle lense just in time for baby Christmas pics.

I had an itch for baking the other day. We haven't cooked Chocolate Chip Cookies in our house for over a year so I wanted them to be special. I found a recipe a food blogger posted that was the labor of trying over 45 recipes to get the World's Greatest CCC recipe. Now to me... that would take alot of work. Especially having to dispose of 45 recipes of cookies. Yum. MMMmmmm the perfect crunch, the perfect chew, the perfect percent of Cocoa in the Chocolate.... so many variables.
Bottom line... I enjoyed the cookies, to say they were the greatest well I guess we all have different taste buds. The idea of putting bread flour in the dough was interesting and I do believe it assisted in keeping the cookies chewy. DH said he prefers Toll House... Oh my.. I laughed so hard. I spent so much time wanting to make him the perfect cookie and he wanted a salty toll house.

CalGalinFla & Donna... Howdy!

I lost my previous post.. ( I don't know how it happens, but this laptop has a mind of its own)

Happy New Year!
Old 02-06-2010, 11:14 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Sonya, For Danny's Christmas gift I actually found a metal toolbox that has foam dividers and looks like a small metal suitcase. I didn't think much would fit it with the foam but he said that he can get his camera and other accessories in it and the foam protects them. Only one hardware store here had those type of tool boxes, two left , and the plastic shrink wrapping was partly off the other one in the store.

Jodi, Hope you can get to visit your family and friends in El Segundo soon and that the family issues get ironed out.

Donna, Are you getting as much rain as we are to the north? I'm sure the farmers will be happy. I like rain but not the weeds that it brings out afterwards. My yard looks terrible right now.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:42 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Happy Spring my California friends!!!!!

We are having some neighbors over for our first spring BBQ next weekend! Burgers, brats and smores!!! YUM!!!

May 1 and 2 is our Relay For Life!

hugs, train
Attached Images

Old 04-13-2010, 08:39 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Sounds like fun Donna. I hope the weather is nice and you all have a wonderful time.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:18 AM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I live in Ferndale Ca. I'm on the coast. Anyone from around there?
Old 10-11-2010, 05:41 PM
Head Moderator

I don't live in California and have never been there! Would love to live on the coast for a short while just to experience it! I live back in a National Forest in Indiana and we are very isolated. What is it like where you live?
Old 10-12-2010, 03:51 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hi mixedblessings... Is Ferndale in Northern California or Southern?
Old 10-12-2010, 12:14 PM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi.
It's Northern Ca. We are like 20 minutes from the beach. It's cool here, the weather is pretty mild. It's about 60 here today. It rains alot and is foggy. I like the mild weather though, so it's a good place for me. It's mostly a small farm town.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:26 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Wow.. I looked on mapquest and you are above fort bragg... beautiful area! How nice... I am between Sacramento and SF near the Carquinez bridge. Lots of crowds in the big city. Fort Bragg is one of my favorite spots. We used to go every year for our anniversary. We spent the 4th of July at Manchester Beach.. it was our first time there and we really enjoyed it.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:11 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hey California girls............whats new in your worlds?

hugs, train