Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

States See who visits from your state!

Old 06-18-2009, 07:53 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Sonya, Your trips sound wonderful and your fruit trees sound delicious. I think our plum tree is just about ready for some picking this weekend.

It's probably warmer than usual for you but I'd love a 65-degree day here. It's supposed to be over 100 tomorrow.

Is Yountville near you or is it some place that you would travel to for the 4th of July?

Thanks for the compliment on the avatar. I had some help from another FC friend.

Donna, You are so cute with your excitement in anticipation of your train tirip and you really know how to pack for a trip. I love fleece in cooler weather too. You really brought back memories. I haven't heard "Peechees" in a long time. What are chonies?

Fireworks over the bay sounds awesome. I remember once we visited Danny's cousin in Oregon and watched fireworks over a bay there. It was beautiful.

Danny works for the city Parks & Recreation now and every year they have fireworks at the stadium here. He usually doesn't want to go but this year he is elected to take pictures, so that's where we'll be. I'll have to be sure and put some Off on before going since we get a lot of those June bugs or beetles or whatever they are called.

So far at work I'm still helping the Correspondence Department and two other ladies who had gone through the training class with me were pulled from reception and were also assigned to help that department. For now I'm relieved. Two other ladies from the class had some bad experiences with angry patients in reception. One is adjusting but the younger one doesn't look happy most of the time.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:25 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I leave for vacation this weekend and will be offline until July 15!
Talk to you girls when i get back!
Laura...Chonies...Underwear! LOL!!!!!

hugsandluv, train
Old 06-25-2009, 06:36 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Donna, I hope you have a wonderful vacation and am looking forward to hearing all about it when you get back.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:09 PM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi trainlady,
I am just plain jackie. Another one. Not Johnnnysgirl. Yes, I did know Carolyn. In fact she and Jamus stayed with us for about a month until they found their own place. We see Jamus from time to time. Last time was maybe 2 or so months ago at the supermarket. He said he had just recently gotten out of the hospital after having a stroke. He was having problems with his left hand. He is still a big jolly guy though. Yes I know I,m not chatting about California, sorry. Born and raised there though. Moved away to Arizona in 1994 after my mom died. No real sense in staying after that. Havent been back since. Too painful to see our house, you know? Well, thanks for the chat. Jackie
Old 08-14-2009, 01:35 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hey Jackie, glad you have joined us!!!!
I have ket in touch with Jamus, poor guy is having quite a time!
So sorry that you lost your mom. My heart goes out to you.

Do you miss Orangevale or do you like Arizona better?
I have an aunt and uncle and married cousins in Phoenix.

Tell us some about yourself!

Welp girls, I am hibenating until Halloween when it cools off! LOL!
Give me a computer, some soda and air conditioning and I am a happy girl!!!

hugs, train

Last edited by trainlady; 08-14-2009 at 01:41 PM.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:36 AM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hey Trainlady,
I think I would have to say I like Arizona better. Lots and lots of friends here. Globe is a small town. Biggest store here is Walmart and not a "super" one either. Everyone knows everyone here. I work at a little liquor store called "Connies" . Everyone here knows where Connies is. I have worked there almost 3 years. Only part time and fill in when I'm needed. I love my little job. I have a sister in Foresthill Ca. She workes in Roseville as an RN nurse and takes care of the real sick newborn babies . She works at Kaiser Hospital. She's been a nurse for like 30 years or so now. She really enjoys it. Its hot here in Globe but nothing like Phoenix. Talk to you soon. Jackie
Old 09-02-2009, 11:52 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hi Jackie,
My husband has lived in 7 states, including Arizona.
He tells me Tucson is his favorite place he has ever lived because that is where people were the friendliest!

Must be something good about ArIzOnA!!!!

So, what do you do for fun when you are not working?

I hope your sister, here in CA, is out of harms way from the fires.

hugs, train
Old 10-24-2009, 11:13 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Hello to all who live in CA and those who previously lived here. It has been a very long and HOT summer here. I think it was 100 degrees or more for about five months here in central CA. I'm really looking forward to fall. Work is still keeping me busier than I like. Wish I could retire but have three more years before I will have 10 in to be officially vested so I am trying to stick it out even though I don't care for the clinic that I work at now. It is closer to home than the other one was but is a more stressful drive since in the moring I have to go by a high school and manuever around a cemetary to get there. People like to stop in the middle of the street to drop off their kids, which is dangerous.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:21 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Laura,
YAY for the end of triple digits!
October and Novemeber were beautiful months, nice and cool! The leaves are just now changing in the neighborhood and so pretty!

Did you and Danny have a nice Thanksgiving?
Ours was small but sweet.
Mark went back to Albuquerque to spend the holiday with his mom.
So here, it was just me, mom and dad. We had a traditional meal, just much smaller quantities then we usually make.

What are you getting Danny for Christmas this year?

hugs, train
Old 12-02-2009, 07:34 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Hi Donna,

It didn't seem like fall arrived here until November. I'm enjoying the much cooler weather since I don't tolerate the heat as well as I used to.

How is your dad doing?

Sometimes it is nice to have a small Thanksgiving at home. We spent the day with some friends from church who had lots of relatives that we didn't know but spent time chatting with anyway. There was lots of good food and we enjoyed the day. Danny misses the leftovers though and wants to have turkey for Christmas.

For Christmas he wants a small metal suitcase to carry his cameras in. I checked a couple of places he suggested and think Office Depot has the best one but I still want to check a couple more places before making the decision on buying one. I already got him a few small things. We had a lot of car repair expenses this year, so don't plan on spending a lot. What are you getting Mark for Christmas?