Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

States See who visits from your state!

Old 06-30-2002, 12:08 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hello all! I'm from MN also--born and raised. I live just south of Shakopee. I have a SIL who moved to England from MN. She is in the Air Force--stationed at Lakenheath AFB. We were there visiting a few years ago. I loved it! Would love to go back but we are expecting baby #2, so it'll be a long while before we take any trips. I look forward to meeting other fellow Minnesotans around here.

Rachel
Old 06-30-2002, 01:18 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hello Rachel!

It's wonderful to get another Minnesotan on this forum! I'm pleased to "meet" you!

Congratulations on your pregnancy! When is the baby due if you don't mind my asking?

How long was your visit to England? Did you have time to see much of the country? How long will your sister in law be stationed at Lakenheath? Perhaps you will be able to visit again sometime in the near future.

Thanks for replying to this forum. I look forward to hearing from you again.

Take care.
Maureen
Old 07-01-2002, 05:40 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi Maureen!

Thanks! I am 16 weeks along--due in December. My other "baby" will be 7 when this one is born. My dh and I had some infertility struggles but amazingly enough managed to conceive on our own again!

My sil won't be in England too much longer. They (her husband is also in the air force) are talking about going somewhere, although they aren't sure yet. Our trip there was only a week. It went so fast! We were actually there for their wedding, so a lot of it was preparation and actually having the wedding, but we got to do London 2 of the days. We also stayed on the base, which was so much cheaper for us. I really enjoyed myself.

Anyway, I look forward to getting to know my fellow Minnesotans more (even if some of you are no longer here!).
Old 07-01-2002, 06:01 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hi Rachel,

I am so happy for you about your pregnancy. After hearing about your struggle, I feel I should congratulate you again! !Congratulations! Is your son?/daughter? excited about the prospect of a baby brother or sister? It's just such wonderful news. I'm really thrilled for you!

I should think that week here went by very quickly indeed! It's incredible that you got to spend two days in London. I bet it was a lot of fun staying on the base. It's a shame your SIL won't be in England for too much longer but at least you did get that week here.

Please keep writing. It's great to hear from fellow Minnesotans.

Bye for now.
Maureen
Old 07-01-2002, 11:33 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Thanks again Maureen! Our other child is a boy. He is very excited, although at times a little apprehensive, but that's to be expected. We have a split entry home and we have 2 bedrooms upstairs and 2 down. We figured we'd move downstairs, give Jacob our room and the baby his room. He's not quite ready, so has decided to share a room with the baby. That's fine by me. We have a playroom in the basement so his room will be pretty much for sleeping. It'll be a big, but nice change to have a baby again. Now if I could just find some energy! LOL!
Old 07-01-2002, 12:58 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Rachel,

I'm sure your son will be delighted once the baby is born. The age difference means he will be old enough to help you a bit too. He might feel a bit jealous at first which is only normal but he is old enough to understand the needs of a baby. It's certainly a very encouraging sign that he wants to share a room with the baby! I'm just so excited for you guys!!

It will definitely be a big change for all of you but such a wonderful and happy change to your lives!

Take care!
Old 07-01-2002, 05:26 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Jacob has been so excited until the other day. I've been sick and have been not playing with him as much as I should. He was afraid that when the baby comes, I won't play with him anymore. I was so sad! Anyway, we had a long talk and he feels a lot better about it all. He wants a baby sister. He's sweet!
Old 07-02-2002, 05:36 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hi Rachel,

Jacob sounds like a very sweet, sensitve little boy. He's obviously thinkiing about how things will change when the baby comes. It's good that you were able to reassure him. He's probably worried about you as well since you're not feeling well during the pregnancy. Are you feeling better today? I hope so. How are you coping with the hot weather there? I got an email from my mother and the temperatures there sound unbearably hot. Are you staying indoors? Do you have air-conditioning? I know how hot you feel during pregnancy anyway. Are you able to get time to rest? That can be difficult when you already have a child. It is very sweet that Jacob wants a baby sister but hopefully he will be okay about a baby brother! LOL. Have you thought about names yet? Perhaps you can let Jacob throw out some ideas for a boy or a girl's name to prepare him for the possibility of either. It's just a friendly suggestion.

Anyway, take care. Try and keep cool and I hope you are feeling better now.

Maureen
Old 07-04-2002, 05:22 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

LOL! Yes! I have air conditioning and have been enjoying it plenty. It's pretty bad when we are watching the 10pm news and it's still 91 degrees. The humidity has been crazy--like in the 70's for a dewpoint. That's what's been hard. I've been feeling a lot better and then it's too darned hot to go anywhere. Usually Jacob and I do Como Zoo a lot in the summer but I can't even fathom spending a few hours in that kind of heat right now. We'll get there, though. Just a minor speed bump, right?

My dh is awesome. He has been helping out so much. He normally helps out a lot and is a wonderful daddy, but I've noticed him really pitching in with things like loading/unloading the dishwasher and just little things like that. I had to take my aunt to a dr. appt. at the U of M on Tuesday and didn't get home till almost 6. He had supper made for us when we got home. Awwww....

Hope you have a happy 4th! Dh has 4 days off and we still haven't any concrete plans. Jordan doesn't have fireworks so we have to go somewhere to watch them. We've decided to try something different this year, but don't know what yet. Yikes! LOL!
Old 07-04-2002, 07:48 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hi Rachel,

I'm so pleased to hear you are feeling better. It's a shame the weather is so hot and humid though. What a blessing it is that you have air conditioning!! I can sure understand that you would be reluctant to go anywhere in that kind of heat. i like your sense of humor: "just a minor speed bump" Very funny!!

Ahhh, Your dh sounds wonderful. I'm sure you appreciate all his help. It must mean even more to you when he helps out without being asked. What a sweetheart!

I hope you are having a great day today. I'm sure you will find some place to go to for the fireworks. How nice that you will have a four day weekend. I hope you have a nice, relaxing break. Keep cool whatever you do!!

Bye for now. Take care. Stay out of the hot sun!

HAPPY 4 th of JULY!!!

P.S. Thanks for wishing me a happy 4th. I spent my morning at the dentist! That was one appt. that was easy to remember, unfortunately. Oh well. Have fun for me! LOL