Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

States See who visits from your state!

Old 08-08-2002, 09:42 AM
Rhonda

We finally got some rain, but it didn't amount to much. A lot of lightening comes with it. It is muggy today so maybe we will get a nice shower later. Our county fair starts today so the kids and I have been busy making stuff for it. They are in 4-H so it is a nice way to show off their projects. Hope everyone is doing great. Talk to you later.

Rhonda
Old 08-16-2002, 09:22 PM
Rhonda

Hi everyone!
Ibsabol - I finally remembered where I heard that name before. There is a lady here that puts poems in the paper and her name is Jeannie Senrud Hutton. I asked my mom if she recognized the name and she said yes. If there is anything in particular you would like to know just send me a message or let me know some how and I'd do my best to get some answers for you. Until next time take care and God bless.

Rhonda
Old 08-23-2002, 08:27 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I miss montana!

Hey Rhonda- nice to meet you! I have friends in Ekalaka- maybe you know them- Butch and Julie Reynolds? Nice little town, Ekalaka is. We actually looked at a couple places out there to buy, but couldnt afford it, so ended up with a nice ranch here in South Central North Dakota. We moved here from The Bitterroot Valley- Near Hamilton, MT in the rocky Mountians. I miss the beauty of it.
Old 08-23-2002, 02:38 PM
Rhonda

Welcome Aboard!!!!!

Hi Idyroper!!!!,
Nice to have you stop for a visit. Yes, I know the Reynolds. Their son is in my oldest daughters class. She is in 8th grade. My husband also stopped out to their house a couple of weeks ago with the county blade. What a small world. It is too bad that you couldn't have moved here. I feel for you about the prices of houses being so high. We wanted to buy one too but can't afford it so are just rented. I grew up here and I love it.
Once again nice to have you with us. Stop by and visit anytime.
Your new friend,
Rhonda
Old 08-24-2002, 05:58 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Ekalaka

Hi Rhonda, small world you know the Reynolds. My name is Kitty by the way. At this moment , my husband is over in Ekalaka delivering hay to Butch and Julie. Yes, we did look at a few very nice ranches over there, but the prices of land have just skyrocketed in the last few years in that area since Butch and Julie moved there. Thus, we ended up with a nice ranch over here in North Dakota. Hopefully next year well all get enough rain for the hay cutting. Chat later
Kitty
Old 09-04-2002, 11:04 AM
Rhonda

HI TO EVERYONE!!!!!

Sorry it's been awhile since I last wrote but life has been hectic. Fire season is in full swing and we have a huge one going southeast of town. As of yesterday it was 6300 acres and growing. The winds keep changing so it has been hard to fight. The terrain is extremely rough. My husband, dad and father-in-law are up there fighting it right now. As of 12:00 p.m. my husband has been up for 30 hours. The man power is short so the ones up there are working overtime. My dad who is 63 has been up there for over 50 hours. He has had some sleep time but I really doubt he has had enough. I took my girls out to see it last night when it really showed up and you could see the flames crowning in the trees and actually watch it on the move. The worst part is that the local tv and radio are not covering it so nobody knows what is going on. As of last night the fire was 5 miles from my folks ranch but the wind switch so for now they are out of danger. Unfortunately the wind is supposed to come back up and switch again so I guess we will see what happens. It has been some very sleepless nights!!!!!!

Well gotta go. Talk to you later.

Rhonda
Old 09-10-2002, 09:02 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Question Parenting question

Yikes! I'm new to this site and clearly not doing something right! I was hoping to pose a question to some other parents out there but am suddenly realizing that this is supposed to be a reply. I'm sorry --- I have no reply. Hopefully I'll get the hang of this soon!

JS
Old 09-24-2002, 11:26 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

HI Rhonda,
Just got back from Texas and read you last note. How are things now. Hope fire did not do to much damage. I live up in the mountains lots of forest trees here. I would not know what to do if that happen up here. We are always on the look out for smoke. I keep plenty of food and drink handy in our fire season up here. We also have trucks set up as fire trucks to be ready. Our neighbors do to. Let me know how things went for you.
Old 09-25-2002, 05:35 PM
Rhonda

Howdy everyone!!
Well, the fire is out after burning 69,900 acres and costing over 3 million to put out. No homes were lost and the only injury was my dad. It was really smokey and him and this other guy stopped to put out a lone tree that was burning. It was on very steep terrain and he slipped and fell thus sliding down the hill (there was a crude trail for the firetrucks), well the guy driving the truck didn't see him go down and ran over his leg with a loaded firetruck. It didn't break it and being stubborn like he is he didn't report it until 2 days later at the fire camp. He got a really bad bruise and the doctor was afraid of bloodclots so he was pulled from the fire for 48 hours. Now that the smoke has cleared it is time to start getting life back to normal. Almost every available man and some women fought the fire. At one time there was over 800 people fighting it. I had a chance to drive through the area because I was working up in the hills and some places look like a nuclear bomb went off. There is nothing left but ash. No trees, no grass, no nothing. The areas that had been logged faired better than those areas that hadn't. Maybe now the forest service will open the hills back up to logging, not that there is anything left to log there anyway.
It will be a very sensitive issue for quite sometime. My husband and I logged that area several years ago and now my kids will never get to see how beautiful it was.

Enough rambling. Welcome back from Texas!!! Did you have fun? I've never been there.

Well, gotta go for now. Take care of yourself.

Rhonda
Old 09-28-2002, 08:10 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Howdy all!

Hello all..Just registered today, and thought I would make my first post here at the good ol' Montana board. Glad to see there are others from MT.
I have lived here for just over 5 years, and love it. I am lucky enough to live in Paradise Valley just south of Livingston, and just north of Yellowstone Park.:p It's a ranching community (but what part of MT isn't besides Billings?), and the people are great.
Which I am sure you all are too, and can't wait to get to know you.
Have a great weekend everyone...
KC