FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   States (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/states/)
-   -   Any Marylanders? (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/states/2105-any-marylanders.html)

Tray 06-09-2002 05:19 AM

Any Marylanders?

Hey ,
Anyone out there from Maryland? I have lived here all my life.:daisy: Love the steamed crabs, hate the humidity:( but I can't complain. At least today is beautiful8-) .
Hope you are having a great day!!!
Tray

:stripes: God Bless America

Mom2Girls 06-09-2002 04:53 PM

:)

Born and raised here. Love it all, crabs, great fishing, lots to do. I even like the weather. :-O

What part do you live in? I am always waiting to find out that someone on the other end typing is my next door neighbor:-D

jennz 06-10-2002 06:41 AM

Hi Tray and Mom2girls,

I am also from Maryland!! I live in Baltimore County near the White Marsh area. I have also lived here all my life. Grew up on the water fishing, crabbing, jet skiing, etc. Love the O's. Can't wait til August, I'll be making a trip "down the ocean!!";-)

Tray 06-10-2002 11:55 AM

Hey

I am also in Baltimore Co. I am in Reisterstown. Having Steamed Crabs for dinner and trying to enjoy the heat.ROFLMAO
I no longer go down the Ocean for summer vacation, I married a Michagander and we now summer in Michigan. He hates the ocean city crowds but I sure do miss the funnel cakes and lemonade from boardwalk fries.

Friends,
Tracy

:stripes: God Bless the USA

jennz 06-10-2002 01:39 PM

I know what you mean about the crowds. My husband feels the same way about them and he grew up in Maryland!! My parents get a place almost every year, so we will go down for a few days, not the whole week like usual. Hubby could take it or leave it, but there's something about it that I miss when I haven't been in a while. I love walking along the boardwalk on the warm, breezy nights, looking at all of the strange sights!!!:-O

Hope the steamed crabs are good tonight. We had been craving them and got a dozen as soon as we saw a local restaurant advertise them. Unfortunately they weren't too good. Hopefully they will get better as the summer moves on.

Talk to ya soon,

Jenn

sharona 06-11-2002 05:19 AM

I'm a transplant to Florida fro College Park. I terribly miss blue crabs.
The only thing I miss about OC in the summer is Fishers popcorn. My SIL goes every Memorial Day, won't go back the rest of the summer, and sends me a large tin of the stuff. Yummmm

Heading up that way later in the summer, hoping and praying the crabs are big and sweet!

Mom2Girls 06-11-2002 08:13 AM

Haven't been to OC in a few years. Not good for the kids anymore. I loved it growing up, but now it is really different, not a place I want my kids growing up in. We had crabs last week, they were great! Of course we have a guy that won't sell them unless they are heavy and he steams them great.
Hope everyone enjoys the summer....since today it feels like it is already here! :-P::

Lind 06-15-2002 02:23 PM

Hi! Another transplant here. I am from upstate New York, but now live in Perryman near Aberdeen. I love your crabs, too, but I don't think I'll ever get used the humidity.
We have lived here for 4 1/2 years now. About 1 year ago we became emptynesters.
I love to do crafts, especially decorative painting. Are any of you crafters?
Have a great day!
Linda

Mom2Girls 06-16-2002 10:26 AM

Linda

I lived in Perryman for a few years. Moved after we had our first DD. Now we are in Graceland Park (Dundalk). I grew up on the same street we live on now. I also do crafts when time permits.::-)::
Patti

Lind 06-16-2002 01:06 PM

Patti,
Hi! Nice to hear from you. We are in the area of Perryman referred to as Bush River Manor. We like the area because we are close to stores and yet our home is in a quiet, rural area. I don't have much time right now to write. Catch you later.
Have a great day,
Linda