Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

States See who visits from your state!

Old 06-08-2002, 04:53 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Am I the first one to post here?

I have hardly gotten started posting on this board. This state forum is a really good idea.

I live in Mesa -- been here 22 years. We came from California where I was raised. It is about 104 degrees right now. This morning I worked in my garden. Not caring for veggies but doing some "remodeling" that's badly needed. I decided not to plant for over the summer but use the time to get ready for major fall planting. Can't do much in the summer anyhow. What are you doing in your gardens?

Looking forward to "chatting" with other Arizonans (what are we called?)
Old 06-14-2002, 07:01 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

yes I think this forum is a great idea...as for what we are called..I have heard references to "Zonies" in other chat forums. I am from Florence..have lived here 4 years. I have been married since January of 2002 to a wonderful man that I met online, and between the 2 of us we have 3 great kids: 18, 12, and 9.
Old 06-14-2002, 07:19 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hi gals! Well I don't live in Az anymore but I was born and raised in Tucson! My folks still live there. I guess I will always be an Arizonian at heart!!
Old 02-01-2003, 03:17 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hey all -- I've lived in Tucson since 1952 so I consider myself a native. I've traveled a lot of places in the states and to Norway to see my son and his family but I always get misty when I come back home. Nothing like the desert, is there?

What are y'all into? I like to garden, though I'm way behind on everything with this sudden warm weather we've been having. I also sew and love to cook. I have a small home-based business doing behind the scenes support for busy people -- kinda like a fairy godmother ;-) Right now I have a contract with a long term care insurance agent logging in all her expenses for last year. Always something new to learn.

I have three kids all married to wonderful people, seven grandkids, with #8 about to be born any day now in Oslo.

I'm single, live alone, and love being alive. How about some more posts, let's get this going and enjoy each other.

Blessings to all --

Gramz
Old 02-06-2003, 09:35 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Pinkie Winky

Hi, fellow Zonies!
I'm a newbie to the forums, and just happened to see this one. Good to meet other Arizonans!
I've lived in Phoenix all of my life. As a matter of fact, my family can be traced to Phoenix since 1880! Pretty cool!
I love to travel; have been all over the country, to Mexico, and presently preparing for trip #2 to Italy. However, Phoenix will always be home.
I'm single, no kids, no sig. other. Actually, I think I'm too old and set in my ways to develop a longterm relationship with anyone(thing) other than animals! They love you unconditionally, no matter what!LOL
Take care; I'm off to check out some other boards!

Esther -aka- esterixis
Old 02-07-2003, 07:51 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I'm with you Esther -- too old and set in my ways for a significant other. Unless God drops him on my lap, of course :-) I also agree about animals and unconditional love. Lucy -- my Rhodesian Ridgeback, has kept me company for 13 years now. Ever since she was 12 weeks old. Pretty unusual for a large breed, especially Rhodesians, to live this long. But she's going strong -- I'm truly blessed.

No significant other, but a host of family and friends, so life is full and rich.

Gramz
Old 02-22-2003, 10:29 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Question Anyone from Peoria Az?

We have been here since 1999 and we love it!

Hilda , JR , Nicolas (rlilwormie) , Noel , and
Izzie in North Peoria.
Old 04-03-2003, 06:42 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

hello from Tucson!

I have been checking this post for a while, and I sorta slacked off now there are quite a few here! Yea, Go Arizona!!
I knew there had to be a few from AZ. here. I'm in Tuscon, actually 23 miles from it. Have you heard of Marana? Going toward Phoenix. Kind of like in the country, if you can call a dry desert and cactus area a country! I love it here. No noise and we have a acre of property in a residentual area. We live very peaceful here. I love everything about Arizona, except the heat!! I could do with our winter weather all year long. Isn't it cool?
We've live here at this home for 4 yrs. and we just bought it last month. I didn't have to pack or anything to the move to our new house!! That was the best part. My DH makes swimming pools. No I don't have a pool or want one!! They scare me. I have a nice deck and gazbo area. I sit outside and look at the mountians and small hills. Actually the Santa Cruz river runs behind my home.
But as you all know a swimming pool has more water then that!!LOL Hope to hear from one or more of you.
You know as we are Arizona natives we should get together and start our on thread and we can do our own sharing cards or anything small we can fit into an envelopes. I'm on the Postcard forum, and they send me cards and we chat and since I love angels I got a sticker pin and bookmarkers and birthday and anniversarys cards. I do the same with them. Think about it. It would be nice to have our own Arizona Angels thread. Take care Mellie I
Attached Images

Old 04-04-2003, 03:05 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

melliechavez...nice to see you!
My sister actually lives in Marana. Do you remember the town Silverbell? My dad worked for ASARCO and we lived there til I was 3yrs old and then moved to Tucson. My dad worked for ASARCO til they closed the Silverbell plant and he retired. The town is no longer there now.
I grew up in Tucson but I have lived in the deep South now for almost 20 years and I love it and don't miss the desert at all. I love the changing seasons and I love my green grass! LOL
My neice who grew up in Tucson and had never been anywhere else, moved to N.Carolina with her husband (Army) and all the water terrified her! They left and got stationed in El Paso next! LOL
Great to see some activity on this side of the board! Have a great day.
Old 08-21-2004, 11:46 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Here I am

Hello from Globe Arizona. Ive been a member of Family corner for about 3 days now. I just found this site. I manage 2 motels here in Globe. The El Rey Motel and the Economy Inn. We have lived here for about 6 years now. Its not a real big town. We have 1 Walmart and its not even Super. Everyone pretty much knows everyone. We have a drive in and a walk in theater. Not much to do here in Globe. The kids get pretty bored. No major crime to speak of. Not much work. The Copper mines are just firing back up slowly. If you are ever in this neck of the woods come and visit. We have a room waiting for you.

Jackie