Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

States See who visits from your state!

Old 06-24-2002, 04:51 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Pinkie Winky Rain

I should know in about 3 weeks if not sooner if any seed took a boat ride down the street. Hopefully enough stayed in the yard to cover the bare spots.
Old 06-27-2002, 04:31 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

blushing

Just wanted to say hello to everyone.Im trying to figure out this forum .I hope im posting this in the right place. If not could you head me in the right direction. thanks JD
Old 06-27-2002, 06:26 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Pinkie Winky

WELCOME TO FL......the rain state.....

At least the flowers are growing!

Old 06-28-2002, 11:25 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

State- Florida

Hi all, I am a native Floridian having lived here all my life except for my college years which were spent in Georgia. I live in North Central Florida about 30 minutes from the GA state line. Believe me, it gets hot here too. I'm a retired school teacher and I enjoy being able to craft any time I want to. Glad to hear from all you other good Florida folks. By the way, it isn't rain, it's liquid sunshine!;-)
Old 06-29-2002, 10:01 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hi to ALL from Land O'Lakes

I am so tired of rain-It is beautiful today and my fiancee is mowing my half acre of beautiful green grass-I had decided to enjoy my pool this summer and now it rains every evening and that idea went out the window-
I've lived in Land O'Lakes for 12 years-my husband ( retired military) brought me here in 1990 and he died in 1991-I've raised six beautiful daughters. I now have 7 beautiful grandchildren-5 of my daughters live in the area-and three of my granddaughters. I'm still waiting for the empty nest syndrome-whatever that is_ I like the solitutude.
Old 07-08-2002, 11:27 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

shocking The rain/heat

This is so funny. I just got back from upstate NY (which is where I was born and raised but have been in FL for about 5 1/2 years). Here I was hoping for some lovely cool weather, and we had temps in and near the 100's! Meanwhile, folks down here were having lovely 80's (although they had a bunch of rain). Go figure...lol
Old 07-15-2002, 08:58 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi, everyone! I've lived in Florida for the past 38 years, so I guess I'm naturalized by now.

I live in Lake City in northeast Florida which is about 2 1/2 hours from either coast line which means we don't get to the beach as often as I'd like, but also means we don't get much of the hurricane effects either.

At this point, I've given up trying to figure whether or not to water my tomato plants. Everything clouds up like rain and then we get a little sprinkle that last for about 2 minutes. The weather reports are absolutely useless. The weatherman has just given up and states that the weather is "changeable." Maybe I should start watering everything at night. LOL.
Old 07-15-2002, 09:12 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Hi Kelpie,

I'm just one county over in Live Oak. Glad to see someone fairly local in the forum.

Talking about the beach thing, once in college, I brought home several of my friends. When we crossed the state line they expected to see the beach. Turns out that they all pretty much thought of Florida as just on great big beach.lol!

Anyway, welcome, and I'm glad to hear that someone has tomato plants. Ours all died this year.

Linda
Old 07-15-2002, 07:41 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi!!
Well, I consider myself almost a true native. I've been here since 1958. I have so much sand in my shoes, I am rooted here. I still live in the same town I grew up in and my parents are still in the same house I grew up in. I too have NEVER gotten used to the heat. I originally came from Penna..
Babs
Old 07-16-2002, 05:48 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I've been here 14 years, and I swear the heat is getting worse. Or maybe I'm just getting older? LOL

We're way south on the west coast. It takes some of our family more time to get through Florida than the rest of their trip south. For us, Sanibel makes up for it.

Stay cool!