Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

States See who visits from your state!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.75 average.
Old 11-20-2002, 09:39 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Where I am located

I live in Mooreland which is one hour south of Indy.

I don't even think Mooreland is on the map! LOL!

We shop in New Castle and Muncie, perhaps you have heard of these places.

I am sure I am the oldest in here!

I am 51 and going on 70! LOL!

I make crafts alot. I make Holiday Soaps, I latch hook, I make Christmas Ornaments, I am collecting pretty jars to make candles,
etc.
I really enjoy making crafts.

I am looking for patterns for beaded angel ornaments if anyone has any ideas?

It would be fun to meet you can count me in!

Maybe sometime we could all meet in a chat room?

Mary
Old 11-20-2002, 02:12 PM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

chuckle mmbsl

Nope, you aren't the oldest. I will be 56 in December. You are still a youngin in my book. lol

I used to craft a lot, as a matter of fact one year when hubby was laid off, we made all kinds of crafts and made enough money so the kids had Christmas. Now a days, since I work at least 9 hours a day, I come home and collapse. I rarely even cook supper. I'd rather get on the puter and talk than eat. I've really developed a taste for cereal. lol It's just hubby and me so I can get away with not cooking everynight. Sometimes he cooks. Sometimes we eat out. Tonight, its cereal.

Anyway, I had a boy and a girl, both of them are married and live within 10 minutes of me. My son has 2 boys and 2 girls. 4 grandkids. Now I could go on for days about the grandkids.
I love animals, I used to bred miniature schnauzers. Have the mom, dad, and 1 neutered son in my house. We have a zillion outside cats. I love cats, too. I love to take pictures of people. My walls are covered with pictures of the grandkids, kids, aunts, uncles, parents, friends, you name it. I love to attend ren festivals and rendevous. I have fms so walking is a real problem for me but I've got a wheelchair when the pain gets too bad. FMS is a watered down relative to Lupis. The main symptoms is complete and total exhaustion and feeling like you have the flu as far as the aches and pains go every day of your life. I enjoy working on my geneology, and gardening.

Whoa, that's enough for now. It would be fun having a gathering sometime next year.

Janet, welcome, good to see you here.
Old 11-20-2002, 05:10 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I am so FRUSTRATED I could SCREAM!

Do you ever feel that way?

I wish I knew what else I could do!

I read and hear so many sad stories and know that so many of them could have been prevented.

I know you don't have a clue about what I am talking about!

I just wish I had someone to talk to about it and maybe they could think of something that I have not thought of.

It keeps me up at night that is how much it bothers me.

There must be a solution I just hope I can find it.

On a different note "WELCOME" to all new Hoosiers, Oh I don't like that word at all!( Hoosiers)
Old 11-20-2002, 05:58 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Hello Ladyinmaille, Nice to hear from you here too! This board makes me homesick for the country! And vine ripen tomatoes. When anyone from IN comes to visit I always ask them to bring us tomatoes! My SIL did one time and we ate a plateful of them at every meal! She was so shocked! God, you guys really do love tomatoes! lol

mmbsl, I used to make shopping trips to Indy often...and shopped at New Castle too! I usually hit all the malls and strip malls. It was always a treat to drive around circle city! Just push the gas pedal down to the floorboards and GO!!!!lol

My dh and older son took a tour of the Indy 500 raceway...the bus drove them around the track, went to a racing museum, and they were so thrilled...they still talk about it! Racing fans we are, especially the 500. We hounded our newspaper enough they now start carrying more news about the 500 and the qualifying.

Bye, janet
Old 11-21-2002, 01:27 AM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

mmbsl

Quote:

"I read and hear so many sad stories and know that so many of them could have been prevented.

I know you don't have a clue about what I am talking about!

I just wish I had someone to talk to about it and maybe they could think of something that I have not thought of.

It keeps me up at night that is how much it bothers me."

Why don't you talk about it here? Or start a different thread about the one that upsets you the most. There are about 3,000 members on this board and maybe one of them will be able to help you. That's what this place is all about. Helping one another. Hugs, Linda
Old 11-21-2002, 05:58 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

mmbsl

I will help dear one if I can. Please don't be embarassed to talk on here. I feel like that is what we are all here for is to listen and help. Remember, you are the one that offered for me to come to your house over the holidays if I was going to be alone. Just the thought of someone I don't even really know offering that made me smile. So now it's my turn to make you smile. If need be you can email me. Or instant message me on Yahoo, or ICQ. I have been thru alot in my life and I would really like to help It's not good to keep things inside...Please let me try. I do care
Old 11-21-2002, 06:20 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Thank-you Linda

I wish I could talk about it here but they do not allow that.

It concerns my Home Business and they would think I was just trying to promote it.

My hubby comes home tonight from his business trip( I have missed him so very much) and perhaps he will have some insight for me for he is my Soul Mate.

I was lacking sleep yesterday and so frustrated that I just needed to get it out so I posted it.

Sorry if that bothered anyone.

Thank-you for your concern Linda.

Mary
Old 11-21-2002, 06:33 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Dreamweaver- Thank-you!

Thank-you for your kindness!

Your post brought tears to my eyes.

My Mom once told me that I was very sensitive like her and that in my life many things would make me very sad and I would want to make things better. She said that sometimes I won't be able too and others times I will.

I sure do miss her!

Mary
Old 11-21-2002, 03:37 PM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

Mary

You are welcome. Your post didn't "bother" me. I only felt concern for your pain. I'm glad your hubby has returned from his trip. My hubby is my best friend, too. All of the ladies on here have their good days and their bad days but that is why we are all here. To help each other and to get help when we need it. I also post on the fibromyalgia thread and most days I'm crying about how bad I feel and the other ladies that have fms will tell me to hang on and maybe tomorrow will be better. Then when they are having bad days, I do the same for them. My goodness, with over 3000 ladies on these boards, we might even be able to solve some of the problems of the world. I think women can really make a difference if we start standing up and saying, things are gonna change and change for the better. Oh, dear, kinda got on the soap box didn't I? Just wanted to let you know I care. Hugs, Linda
Old 11-22-2002, 04:17 AM
Member of the Family

My recipe was featured! Get yours featured too!
FamilyCorner Groupie

Good Morning! How is everyone today? Did anyone get any snow? The way it was coming down last night, I expected to see some when I woke up, but the ground is clear. Well, I am off to work. I just wanted to say Hi. Hope everyone has a wonderful & blessed day!

"Cookery is not chemistry. It is an art. It requires instinct and taste rather than exact measurements."
- Marcel Boulestin

Special Member of the Family
Become an Honorary Member