Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

States See who visits from your state!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.75 average.
Old 11-19-2002, 01:27 AM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

Too cool

Summitville is where my people came from. I know I know that name and I believe it was my Great Grandma & Grandpa's generation that lived there. I believe I have family buried around there. I am tracing all of my great grandparents so its a little difficult keeping them straightened out in my mind. lol Isn't it wonderful we all found out something in common with a community?

I lost my mom back in 1986 and I still miss her. She loved Christmas. My father is deceased, too, a couple of years ago, but he was not a nice human being so its a different kind of pain. My hubby has lost 2 sisters, and 3 brothers in law, 4 of them to cancer, and his father.

By all means try real hard not to spend holidays alone. When we were in the service I'd cry and cry but we always found someone to join us for the day. There is a lot of people out there away from their loved ones if you look hard enough.

I went to Ball State in Muncie for 1 year, my sister graduated from there. I lived in Albany with my grandma and grandpa in the parsonage and drove into school everyday. I was a small town gal and couldn't handle all the people.

Anyway, I think its totally cool we can all relate to Summitville. Gotta go to work. grumble grumble. lol Have a great day.
Old 11-19-2002, 06:50 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

No One should Spend the Holidays Alone!

If any of you live near me ( Mooreland) and you are going to be alone for the Holidays whether it be Thanksgiving or Christmas you email me and let me know.

You can come spend the Holidays with us!

No One should spend those Special Days Alone!

I mean it I am NOT kidding!

Mary
[email protected]
Old 11-19-2002, 09:10 AM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

mmbsl

What a kind and generous offer. If'n we didn't have family around, I'd jump at your offer. You have a beautiful heart.
Old 11-19-2002, 09:18 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

mmbsl

I just read your kind and generous offer. Isn't it strange that people I have never even met are so much kinder than the ones I think it should come from. I will make it, I always do. I have found more caring people in the last few days here than I have in my whole life. I'm writing this thru tears....Just can't believe there are special people out there. Craftybear has befriended me in a way I never thought possible. She calls me her angel friend. Don't know how much of an angel I am but I think God had a hand in me getting to this forum. Again thank you and God bless you
Old 11-19-2002, 01:01 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

AWWWWW Schucks!

I am sure that you would do the same for me.

Mary
Old 11-19-2002, 01:08 PM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

mmbsl

Whereabouts is Mooreland? I am located between Ft.Wayne and Lafayette. Northeast Indiana. About 2 to 2 1/2 hours North of Indy, depending on how fast you drive on 69. lol
Old 11-19-2002, 06:59 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Wow Indiana friends are cool!!!!

I was just sitting here reading the nice messages and of course tears came to my eyes. We are all very thankful and we need to tell God THANK YOU!

We will need to plan a time that all of us can get together to meet everyone maybe sometime after all the holidays and after the first of the year or so. Please write back and let me now all of your thoughts, I can't wait to hear from everyone. Also when you write back lets have everyone say how far from Indianapolis that they are so we can find a meeting place close for everyone. Okay I will start it.

Craftybear (age 46) is from Fairmount, IN (Home of James Dean) 1 hour North of Indianapolis Interstate 69 to State Road 26 also be sure to right down your age after your name as I make crafts and am planning something for everyone!! something small but yet inexpensive for a keepsake!!!

Okay who is next!! this will be fun!!! Also if you know of others from Indiana please be sure to have them join this forum and reply to the Indiana forum! Cool!! Thank you!
Old 11-19-2002, 07:52 PM
Member of the Family

My recipe was featured! Get yours featured too!
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hello all. I have been meaning to get in here and check this thread out. Craftybear finally pushed me tonight to finally do it.
My name is Marcia and I am 49 (50 in January) years old. I have 2 grown children. My ds (Chris) is married (dil Michelle) and they have 2 daughters, Shelby is 4 1/2 & Payton is 7 months. They live in Cincinnati. My ds (Jennifer) is married (sil Brian) and they have 2 daughters, Sydnee is 5 1/2 & Skylar is almost 3. They live near Memphis. I live in Carmel, just north of Indy, and was transplanted here from Cincinnati 12 years ago. I make it back to Cinci at least once a month, but don't get to see my daughter very often. She just moved back to Memphis this summer. She was in Texas. Luckily she has Instant messaging, so we chat daily. Not as good as seeing her, but next best thing.

I love playing on the computer. I used to do crafty things, but not as much since I got the computer. I work part time in the office at my church. (Best job ever!)

Ladyinmaille- I used to go to the Ren over in the Cinci area. It is the only one I have been to, so I can't compare it, but I loved it. I haven't been since we moved here.
I too, lost my mom in 86 and my dad in 91. It does make the holidays hard. We will be going up to Toledo for Thanksgiving. We both grew up there and both of our families are still there. We will be passing by you on the way.

Crafybear - I am here! LOL.

This is me.
Attached Images

"Cookery is not chemistry. It is an art. It requires instinct and taste rather than exact measurements."
- Marcel Boulestin

Special Member of the Family
Become an Honorary Member

Old 11-19-2002, 08:07 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Yes, 1 more from Indiana! Cool!

yes! Marcia is here! Thank you! You are a sweetheart! This is a very fun site! Thanks again and also thanks for chatting on instant message. We have fun!!! Thanks for your picture!
Old 11-20-2002, 04:44 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Good Morning Hoosiers

Hi! I lived in IN. for 23 yrs. Are any of you familar with the Yoder or Zanesville area..I used to have a small farm on 4 acres and a 100 yr. old farmhouse that was our hobby to fix up.

I have 2 sons that were born at the Lutheran Hospital on Fairfield Ave. My dh lived there for 40 yrs.

I went to school in New York(born there) and Michigan(parents retired there) and have a diploma from the New Haven, IN. High School.

I left Yoder in 1992 to be with my Dad when he was dying. My dh fell in love with MI, so we decided to move here and bought a small home. We have been here for 10 yrs. now. It is quite different from IN. and I do miss the growing season IN. has...we used to grow the best tomatoes there in our garden.

My dh has family there and we have alot of good friends there too! We try to get back every few years but the trip is 14 hrs for us.

So I hope you all can keep me posted on new things that are happening in Ft.Wayne and your areas...last visit we were there a new shopping mall was going up on the SW side of Ft.Wayne near the New Lutheran Hospital? Maybe they have a new name?

Chat with you later,

janet