Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

States See who visits from your state!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.75 average.
Old 11-02-2002, 11:35 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi all! I just wanted to see if we had anybody else from Richmond Indiana or even Wayne County. Except for a 10 year stay in Kentucky when I was a child I have lived here my whole life (I'm 46). I was born at the same hospital my children were except now the part I was born in is just offices and outreach! If you're from my area get in touch and we'll chat!

Debi
Old 11-02-2002, 01:36 PM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hi Debi P

I don't know if anyone whose checked in so far is from the Richmond area or not. My hubby has a sister that lives in that area. The man she married was from that area and after he passed away at a very young age, she continued to live in the area because she liked it so much. Her boys are grown now and she recently married another gentleman from the area. Anyway, hopefully someone will pop in here from your area. We get more and more ladies everyday, and even a few gentlemen.
Old 11-02-2002, 10:04 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi Debi P.

I do not live in Richmond,IN or Wayne County but my hubby works in Richmond. He is a Social Worker.

It takes him about 45 minutes to get to work!

I am not 46, I am older but if you would like to chat sometime I have Yahoo Messenger: blueeyedsweety_51
and MSN Messenger: melamom

So give me a holler sometime!

Mary
Old 11-06-2002, 12:15 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Indiana

I am also from Indiana. "Fairmount, Indiana" Home of James Dean. I am 45 years old, my birthday is 11/15/56. I am married to my high school boyfriend "Reggie". We have been married 27 years but no children. My husband was a severe diabetic since 3rd grade. (13 years ago both kidneys shut down and he was on home dialysis for 1 year ) The good news is: 12 years ago he got a new kidney and pancreas transplant. He is now no longer a diabetic. I would love to meet other friends in Indiana. I love to paint (oil,acrylic, water color, pen & ink); crochet, sewing, make refrigerator magnets, cross stitch, applique on t-shirts and sweatshirts. I love to surf the net and find new pen pals and love to chat on the computer. Thank you!

Karen (Craftybear)

Last edited by Craftybear2001; 11-06-2002 at 12:21 AM.
Old 11-06-2002, 01:37 AM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

Welcome Karen

Wow, that was a miracle that your hubby found a kidney to match. I had a classmate with sugar diabetis, we graduated in 64, and he still has it. His girlfriend had to learn how to give him shots when we went on our senior trip.

Rats, hubby is saying time to go to work.

Nice to meet you. Will chat more later.

Linda
Old 11-06-2002, 01:49 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Indiana

Thank you for your nice note. I am looking forward to chatting with everyone.

I can't wait to meet everyone.

Karen (Craftybear)
Old 11-06-2002, 09:47 AM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hello again Karen

Sorry about the hasty departure this morning. I ride back and forth to my job with my hubby. He has to be in Ft. Wayne at 7 am so he drops me off at my office by 6 am. Then he picks me up on his way home at night. In the summertime I drive myself and he takes the motorcycle. I still work the same hours but at least I can leave early if I want.

Today my son in law brought me home early because I have too many hours on this pay period. I work in an office that allows flexible hours. I've worked there for over 14 years.

My daughter loves to water color and she does colored pencil drawings. She belongs to a site called Wet Canvas and gets a lot of support for her art there. I can't draw a straight line but I do take pretty good photographs.

Unfortunately, working the hours I do, I haven't done any crafts for years. They have a lot of threads on here with all kinds of ideas and tips on all kind of crafts, tho. It's a wonderful site.

Anyway, wanted to finish my thoughts from this morn. Welcome. I know you will love it here. The ladies are all so nice and helpful.
Old 11-17-2002, 03:08 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hello all!!!

I am new at this so please bear with me I am a 45 yr. old mother of 2 and grandmother of three , who I adore and miss terribly. Have been in Muncie, IN for a little over a year. Divorced twice but hanging in there. I am originally from a small town in southern In, Loogootee, about an hour south of Bloomington. I really miss the wide open country. Try to get down there about every 6 weeks. Talk to my children every day by ICQ and Yahoo Messenger. That's how I keep my sanity I guess.
Hope to make some new friends here.

Dreamweaver
Old 11-17-2002, 03:47 PM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

Dreamweaver

Mercy. I feel so sorry for you not being near your children and grandchildren. My kids and grandkids are only 10 minutes away from me. It has to be so hard on you.

Believe it or not, I've heard of Loogootee, but I can't remember why. Of course I have one of the worlds worst memories so it doesn't surprise me that I can't remember why.

I am 55 fast going on 56, have 2 kids and 4 grandkids. I used to bred miniature schnauzers, love photography, ren festivals, geneology, musicals, old movies, my grandkids, dogs, cats, my puter.

Isn't it wonderful that you can keep touch on a daily basis with your kids/grandkids via the puter. What did we ever do before computers?

Family Corner is a wonderful website with a lot of wonderful caring ladies. I'm sure you will feel right at home here in no time at all. But beware, it becomes addicting. lol
Old 11-17-2002, 04:21 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Reply to ladyinmaille

Thank you for your caring thoughts!!! Have already heard from another such caring person,Craftybear. We have been chatting. She lives very near me and has told me of a couple of possible job leads. This is just too cool. You're right...what would we do without our computers? And you are probably right it is addicting here. Not really used to so many people that care.