Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

States See who visits from your state!

Old 06-08-2002, 02:49 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Location: I'm somewhere between the Port of Indecision & Southwest of Disorder
Let's get this rolling Texans

Good Morning to all,
I'll start this with a short intro of myself. I'm born and bred Texan. Born in the Panhandle of Texas and lived there my early years. I now live below Dallas close to one of the largest manmade lakes in the state. I'm wife, mother, grandmother and great grandmother. My DH is semi-retired and I just stay at home. He gardens and I cook, can and freeze what I can and we give the rest away.
Have a great day and God bless each of you.
Old 06-08-2002, 09:01 AM
Special Member of the Family
Honorary Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Count me in!

Well looks like we have something in common...! I am Texas born and bred and from the PANHANDLE myself. I still live here in a small town, in the house I grew up in. I am a SAHW&M, have 3 grown kids, dh is in ag related sales. I love to garage sale, thrift and bargain shop, decorate my home, swim, read, watch movies, travel. Dh is an avid gardener and I enjoy all the fruits of his labors of love. We own our home and working very hard at being debt free.

So who else is in Texas? Come on girls, jump in!
Old 06-08-2002, 11:34 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

howdy texans

good afternoon Texans! from Abilene , its hot and humid here today, but as usuall the wind it is a blowin! so weather will change in a few minutes I am sure! I'm Reth, 52, California farm gal married to a Texan, lived here since 1996, love it. Large extended family. We go from 75 years young my dad to my grandson 19 months. 5 adults, 4 children and another on the way (possibly twins) . We are very family oriented. I daycare the children, homeschooling during the summer . Right now we are doing a science unit on butterflys and moths and we have a large veggie and flower garden. I garden, cook, exchange recipes, crafts of all kinds, am returning college student at age 52, want a degree in elementary education. Still learning and exploring Texas after 6 years here! Will exchange craft, cooking recipes,etc with any and all. email and say howdy!! reth and family , the TexasGardenHouse in Abilene

Reth
Old 06-08-2002, 11:51 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Calling all Texan Gardeners

Howdy !! We have a large garden (dad is a retired farm/nurseryman) and can grow ANYTHING! right now we have the beginnings of a bumper crop of Zukies!!, both green and hybrid yellow and star squash. I love to stir-fry,make pickles,etc. Any one got some favorite zucchini recipes they would like to exchange??

Reth
Old 06-08-2002, 02:53 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi, I just joined! We are in McKinney just north of Dallas!! We moved here from WA state about 4 years ago and are just adjusting to the heat LOL!! Anyway, nice to "meet" y'all!!!
Old 06-08-2002, 03:33 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi Everyone..
I love that there are others from Texas here...lol hot,hot hot...but wonderful..
I'm from Paris, Texas almost in Oklahoma... Born in DAllas but lived in paris most of my life....
frugalfamily..
I saw where you are from McKinney,Small world my sister has lived in Farmersville Texas for years.. My 17 year old daughter and I come to McKinney to shop at your Ross Store..we dont have one...Good shops you have there...lol
I love hearing others talk about their gardens but we dont have one because every year the grasshoppers take over...lol
This is a great place to meet others..so hard to stay away
God Bless Everyone..
Georgia..
Old 06-08-2002, 04:35 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Texas

Hello everyone! I live in Flower Mound which is kind of northwest of Dallas. I'm a stay at home mom of 4! I've been blessed to be at home for over 2 years now! I just discovered this website and signed up yesterday! I love any and all ideas for saving money - especially where groceries are concerned! Have a great day!
Old 06-08-2002, 05:56 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

what is everyone's favorite bbq sauce recipe?

Tho I am a transplant from CA married to a Texan I BBQ!! and our family is always trying out new dishes. Anyone got any good finger-licking sauce recipes for chicken,beef,pork, or wild game they would like to share? or any fantastic side dishes? Our favorite sauce for bbq burgers right off the grill is from CA--

Reth's Secret Sauce

1 cup mayo (regular oe non-fat)
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup sweet or dill pickles
1/4 cup chopped onions (red or white)

Place all ingredients in blender, blend on until smooth. refrigerate.

We spread this on bbq burgers along with avacado slices, cheese onions,tomatoes, lettuce and dip our french fries in it too!! Yummy !!! for the Tummy!

If you want more of any ingredient or less just adjust and blend, never have to worry bout leftovers at my house we have 9 people and daughter expecting in October!!

Also on another subject - what are your favorite frugal recipes for church potlucks?

Ya'll have a good week!! I will be busy with 3 grandchillens,8,7 and 5 transporting to VBS starting monday and helping Paw with the garden, the zukies and peppers are coming off! and trying not to get to hot !! whew it was humid today!

Reth
Old 06-09-2002, 06:19 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hey Jole Blond you wouldn't be talking about Lake Fork would ya? We live in Ga. now but I really miss home which is Greenville, Tx. all our family live there still. Can't wait till DH retires and we get to go home. We use to have a lake lot on Lake Fork but sold it when we moved up here. We come home several times a year and will be heading that way at the end of this month. Hi to all you TEXANS out there.
Old 06-09-2002, 07:06 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi Everyone! Can anyone guess where I live? ;-) I'm a county girl born and raised in Missouri. Husband got transfered here from FL.
We have been here since March of this year. And guess what...
I'm turning 26 tomorrow and closing on my first house on Friday. I'm sooo excited!!!!
I've been married for 10 years. I have two children, one 8 and 5. I'm a stay at home mom and loving every minute of it.;-)

I'm wanting a couple of fruit trees. But husband says I can only have one to start with. Any suggestions on what kind. We like all fruit, but Mangos.

Also I'm interested in collecting wild game recipes.

Houston-Mom