Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

States See who visits from your state!

Old 06-07-2002, 07:31 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Southeastern Wisconsin

I'm in the southeast end of the state, Twin Lakes to be exact. It's a relatively small town, only 5,000 population, smack dab in the middle of a farming community. I live walking distance to the local beach and the summers here (weekends especially) are packed with people from Illinois. There are lots of summer rentals out here, tons of people water ski, and they have a free waterski show every Wednesday and Saturday night here called Aquanuts http://aquanuts.waterski.org/index.html

We are nestled in the trees, have a great yard, and built a deck last fall to enjoy it all. I love it out here.

We were in Kenosha, which is ever farther east, on Lake Michigan in fact. Twin Lakes is about 30 minutes west of there, yet still east of Lake Geneva.

Anyone else out my way?
Old 06-08-2002, 07:56 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Yes, who else?

Since Amanda already knows I'm near her, I'll echo her question about anyone else in this area. I'm a bit north of Amanda - 15 minutes due west of Milwaukee, in Waukesha county, I live in the largest village in Wisconsin. Anyone else in southeastern WI?

Kelly H.
Old 06-12-2002, 11:37 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

shocking

Amanda, I think we're the only ones here!

Well, that will mean more food for us when we have our state reunion/meeting each year.

KH
Old 06-12-2002, 12:26 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

LMAO I think you're right Kellie! Though that doesn't sound good for my waistline (or lack thereof)

:p
Old 06-25-2002, 01:27 PM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

Bristol Ren Faire

I'll be headed up Friday night for the Bristol Ren Faire. Haven't booked a motel room yet. Gonna do that online tonight. Do you ladies know of any motels in the area?
Old 06-25-2002, 01:51 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

You are? When is the fair? I would love to meet you, I'm only 30 minutes from Bristol, if that! There are tons of motels right there in Bristol on 94, there's a Best Western, Country Inn, Days Inn, Quality Suites, and a Value Inn. There's also a Super 8 right there. Looks like the addresses you'd be looking for would be the 7000-7600 block of 122nd Avenue and anything close to that. 75th Street is the main drag (Hwy 50).

If you need me to give you any numbers, I have the yellow pages right here! I've actually never been to the BRF and would love to go.
Old 06-25-2002, 02:58 PM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

Amanda

Would love to meet you, too. You don't know how much fun I have here in this forum. Yes, please send phone #'s for all. When we've booked a room, then we will make arrangements on where and when we can meet. The Bristol Ren Faire, my most favorite of all I've been to, starts June 29th and ends August 25th. www.renfaire.com/bristol/ is where you can check it out. We will be arriving late Friday night, getting in line before the gates open on Saturday, go back to Motel and collapse, then get up Sunday morn and make the trek back. We could either meet for breakfast Sunday morn, meet at the gate of the renfaire sometime Saturday, or later Saturday evening. Will get our room first and then work out the details as to whether we can meet up or not. I do hope to make a return visit to Bristol sometime in July or August. I just love that festival..
Old 06-27-2002, 01:20 PM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

Oops lost ya

We've got our motel in Racine. Sorry we couldn't make connections. Maybe when I come back up in August. If you come to the ren faire, look for a short 55 year old lady with a full face chainmaille coif, chainmaille top, green and burgandy scarves and harem pants, greyish blond, with a grin ear to ear and that will be me=Linda. Later on in the day I may be in a wheelchair depending on how much pain I am in. I wish I knew how to enclose pictures because if I did, I'd send you one in my outfit so you'd be sure to recognize me. Oh I forgot to add not only am I short 5' 1", I'm also pleasingly plump. My dh has brown hair and is over 6' tall. If you see us, please come over and introduce yourself as it would be a pleasure to meet you.
Old 06-28-2002, 07:48 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hey, I'm in Racine!

Hi ladies! Unfortunately, I'll be out of town this weekend and wouldn't be able to meet any of you three. Sorry, Indiana. Wish I could go to the fair. We leave early in the morn for Long Lake in the Norther Kettle Moraine.

Say ladies, what's this annual pig-out fest you were discussing for us Wisconsinites? I'd love to join you? How about making it a camping trip with our families to Bong? Let me know what you think. I think it would be fun!

Gotta go paint the garage. Chat later!
Old 06-29-2002, 09:12 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

ladyinmaille - sorry I missed that post! Somehow I didn't see it in my new messages. :p Anyway, hope you have a good time, let's plan on August! That would be lots of fun, as long as you don't mind kids. :-p Kristin, Kellie, wanna go with? That would be fun!