Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

States See who visits from your state!

Old 06-22-2007, 10:34 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditzy46
Elisabeth...<snip>
What cases do you work on anyway? I hope they go easy and quick for you.
I'm glad to hear your hands feel a little better lately. I hope it continues to get better so you can type without any pain.
Debbie
Hi - I review medical records for attorneys in personal injury and medical malpractice actions. I'm afraid they don't always like what I tell them, but I have to "call it as I see it!" So I currently have about 3,000 pages to review. not too bad. I don't have to read each page closely - often just glance and discard - just the relevant pages.

I see the bottom-feeders both of the legal and medical worlds! LOLOL!!

Cheerio!
Elizabeth

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*
~*~ Nature has a great simplicity and therefore a great beauty. ~*~
~*~ Richard Feynman ~*~
(Nobel prize-winning theoretical physicist)
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*
Old 06-22-2007, 12:52 PM
A Member of the Family
FamilyCorner Groupie

Thanks for checking out my page Debbie and Elizabeth. That picture of me with the pirate was taken on the last cruise I went on with my mom and sisters. I think that was in Fall of 2004. Wow! Can't believe it's been THAT long already. I'm ready for another one. LOL!

Elizabeth, thanks for the update on Train and Mark. I pray he gets better quick.

Debbie, it really is hard to believe those fires are still burning and have been for so long!

I just noticed the new smilies to the right. LOL! I think Amanda and her moderators must think we need some exercise. They would be correct. LOL! We must also have some kids acting up. and here is mom's smiley while dealing with them.

Well, need to work on dinner. We got some French/Italian frozen bread loaf dough in our food ministry this week. Sandi set 2 loaves out to thaw this morning. A little bit ago I topped them with some shredded colby jack cheese and they just came out of the oven. They look and smell SO good! Now she's opening a pack of Stouffer's stuffed bell peppers that we'll bake and I'm making a taco salad for dinner. YUM!

Check y'all later!
Old 06-23-2007, 07:40 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Morning everyone,

Train wrote that Mark is doing a little bit better now and they may even put him in a reg. room today. He still has the clots and they still need our prayers but when someone you love so much is ill all the small steps are wonderful news.

Elizabeth glad the work is staying steady and that your hands are staying steady enough for you to get through it. Jerry has several more weeks of school left before he can start apraising houses and even then he will have to work with another apraiser for the first 1,000 hours. He starts the inspection classes on July 19th I believe it is and can start inspecting houses as soon as he finishes the course and gets his license.

martie I like the way you did your yahoo page, it looks very nice. On one of the sites I was on that did those kind of pages a number of people didn't like putting their "diary thougths" down for the world to read so they either just put pictures or poems or Bible verses or recipes or even one of mostly doing things about GA or their state (old and new). So you can do many different things with your page. Your dinner last night sounds really good. How do you make your taco salad?

Ditzy I'm not in school yet, will go in the fall quarter probably (if I can manage to work and go to school). I still need about a year to finish. I am amazed that those fires are still burning also. I haven't heard about them on the news in a while and assumed they were out now. Can ya'll see the firework shows from your house or do you drive over there? We will probably go to the fireworks show in Calhoun since Cartersville canceled theirs due to everything being dry.
Jerry asked the water company the other day and they said we were only on restrictions of watering every other day (gee I thought we were on restrictions like the rest of GA, watering one day a week) anyway when Jerry told them some of the neighbors were watering every day they just said "oh, well they aren't suppose to but we have no way to enforce it really". I think that is very irresponsible of them to allow that much watering and then have no enforcement of the rules. We have had very little rain and I can't imagine not being on more restrictions. But hey I don't make the rules.

Sharon when are you leaving? I know the time is getting here quickly but just can't remember when you are leaving. Anyway have a very safe trip and a really nice time.

Kelly how are you doing today? Don't know why but you and your family have really been in my thoughts, hope everything is ok. Still praying for your M-I-L and hoping the new treatments aren't more than she can handle.

Lacy is being Baptized Sunday night so we are thrilled about that. The preacher spent quite a bit of time talking with her when she said she wanted to be Baptized and said he feels like she understands it all.

Matt leaves for his trip to Chicago for the National Competition Wednesday. I sure hope he does well. He has been studying but you know me, I always think they could study more.

Well I hope you all have a really nice weekend.
mouse
Old 06-23-2007, 07:55 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Hello all thought I better pop in so you will know I did not fall off the face of the earth.

For the most part now am walking without walker but sure watch where I step.

Boomer is coming along fine he goes back to vet the 27th to have stitches taken out. He minds pretty good too SO FAR lol

I go to outpatient therapy now 1 time a week they wanted more and so did I but only have transportation for 1 time a week sooooooo have to do what I have to do. But am still doing exercises best I can here at home.

Hugs to all, oh Gina & Kent are still in S Dak his Dad is doing so so I sure pray they don't lose him. Connie(MOM) and Ray are super close so this would be very hard on her as all this present stuff is.

God bless
Old 06-24-2007, 10:20 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hey Ladies! Just popping in to Hi and let ya'll know I think about you often. I have been extremely busy with work so I have had little to no time for the web. I have been short handed at work so I am having to help cover the front desk. I have been working 6 days a week, 50-60 hours a week since May. Doesn't leave a lot of time for anything else.

But I do pop in to read what ya'll are doing and to keep you all on my active prayer list!

Very hot and dry here in Alabama too! Take care and hopefully things will slow down so I can breathe!!!
Old 06-25-2007, 05:23 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Good morning all!!

kim so good to see ya but sorry you are having to work so hard, especially during the summer. Hopefully you will be able to squeeze a vacation in there somewhere.

For those of you that havent' heard here is a mail from train

God has heard your prayers and Mark is receiving miracles!!!!!

He is responding very, very well to the heparin blood thinner and the albuterol breathing treatments.
His vitals were all normal today WITHOUT oxygen, the blood clots in the lungs are disolving and he lost none of the movements and speech he learned last week in his therapies, in fact gained a little more movement in his legs and, with the help of a walker, TOOK HIS FIRST STEPS TODAY SINCE THE STROKE!!!

What a whirlwind of a couple weeks it has been for the poor guy.
He has gone from ER... to ICU.... to regular room ....to health south.... BACK to ER...., to ICU... to regular room..................where he is now...............and BACK to Health South tomorrow!!!!!

He has a few more days on IV heparin, then it will be injections of (lamox or something like that) and then oral comadin.
The filter is permanent , so if he does make any more clots they will not be able to travel upwards and the current clots are dissloving.
We still don't know how much his heart was damaged but the blessings today have been bigger then our worries of the past few.

My dad went to the pulmonary doc on Friday and we are waiting those results.........on if the cancer has spread, etc.
Mark does know about dad now.

I am doing OK, all things considered. I feel like I have been thru the ringer. I am overwhelmed but relieved. I am worried about money and paying the bills. I am worried about the insurance now that I have to fill out separate claims for going back and forth and will they get mixed up? Who wouldn't? He has gone from Mercy to Health South and then back to Mercy and tomorrow back to Health South.
I am worried about the State disability and will it start up right away. .............

but right now I am hungry and tired and need a bath and am going to bed!!

hugs, train

So anyway guys things are improving for Mark which is great for train so please keep up the prayers.

Hope you are all having a really nice day.
hugs,
mouse
Old 06-25-2007, 09:38 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

elisabeth....your work sounds very interesting and complicated too. Do you work at an office or do you work at home? It would be nice to do that kind of work at home.
Thats a lot of pages. Thank goodness you don't have to read them all.

mouse...we have to drive to the Island(35 miles) I used to work on Jekyll Island before my car broke down at the hotel. My dd and sil and me and dh all go in my dd car to watch it. Sometimes we make a day of it and have a cook out there. I hope I can make it this year...don't know if I will be working or not. I am still doing 6 days a week right now.
Wow, Jerry is moving right along with his new job. That is great news. He sounds like he is a quick learner.
I hope you will have it easy when you have to go to school and work too. Thats tough to do and come home and take care of your family and your house..but the main goal will be the result in the end, right?
That is such a blessing that Lacy is getting Baptized..I know you are excited about it. Things are really looking up for her.
Tell Matt good luck on the competition Wednesday. I hope he will come out a big winner. Are you going with him?: I will pray he will do great.

Patti....so glad to hear you are doing so well with the therapy. Sorry you are only able to go once a week. But once is better than not at all, right?
Boomer sounds like he is adjusting very well and is doing good. He makes a great companion for you.
Here's praying for Gina and Kent and hope the family gets healthy and her fil improves.

kimmyo.....those long hours are killers...I am doing 6 days a week also...I am doing about 45 to 50 hrs though...I hope you can catch a break soon...

Mouse...thanks for the update on Donna and Mark...I will continue to pray for a speedy recovery for him. Tell Donna to take care and that we all send our love and hugs to her and Mark..

Well off to do some housework before I have to get ready for work later on.
Hope everyone has a stress free week and will pray for all who are sick and in the hospital and for great test results

Talk to ya soon
Debbie

Old 06-26-2007, 06:58 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Oh Lordy, I will never get caught up. but, hello Georgia, I am here!

I am tired and overwhelmed, but relieved!! Mark had his first day BACK in the rehab hopsital today and everything can only get better from here. I stayed all day to make sure he was getting the care he needed, ie, blood checks, vital checks and breathing treatments. And, he is. So, I am home for the evening and plan on doing nothing but catching up on FC. Well, I really should go out and water the yard if nothing else.

It is overwhelming trying to keep up with housework, the yard, paying the bills, errands, laundry and insurance papers while also trying to sepnd most of the time with Mark. Today is the 17th day he has been hospitalized........

Thanks for all the prayers becasue God is for sure hearing them!!

hugs, train
Attached Images

Old 06-28-2007, 07:58 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hi all,

Just a quick post. Alex is gone to camp this week. He left Sunday and will return Sat. I haven't heard from him so I'm hoping he is having a great time. This is the longest he has been gone with out being with a family member and the longest time I have gone without talking to him. I have missed him and can't wait to hear all about camp.

My MIL has not been doing well. She was very sick over the weekend which led to dehydration and a kidney infection. She was hospitalized on Mon and got to come home Wed. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers.

Calvin and I are goin to run away for the night Friday night and be back Sat to pick Alex up.
Don't know where we are going but want to take advantage of Alex being gone and MIL at home and doing better for a few days. Thinking of North Carolina.

I scheduled Alex's surgery for July 18th. He is going to have to have his tonsils removed. He has had 7 episodes of strep/tonsilitis since Christmas. As a matter of fact we had to take him to the Dr on Wed before leaving for camp. He got 3 days of antibiotics so he could be well enough to go to camp. I really dread it and it was a hard decision to come to but we decided to go ahead. Strep can be very dangerous and it has really interfered with a lot of things for Alex this year. He missed his school play, school musical and several other things due to strep this year.

Well better go try to pack a little before I leave for work.

Donna....prayers going out to you and Mark. You are strong and will make it through this.

Hope everyone is well. Hugs to you all.

Kelly
Old 06-28-2007, 09:33 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Afternoon all,

Well we took Matt to the Chattanooga airport yesterday (73 mile drive) to meet up with his teacher who had flown in from St. Louis where she was visiting with family so they could head to Chicago for the Nationals. As soon as we got back home Matt called and because Chicago airport was already 3 hours backed up and the weather they canceled the flight plus flights from at least 7 other states to Chicago. Soooo we got back in the car and went back to Chattagoona to pick up Matt and Ms. Lloyd. Her car keys and therefore house keys were in St. Louis so we dropped her at a hotel right down the street from our house and they were put on an Atlanta flight for early the next morning to head to Chicago. So at 3:30 this morning we picked her up and took them both to the Atlanta airport and thankfully they are now in Chicago. Matt's competiton is Friday afternoon and Sunday they have the awards ceremony so we will know Sunday night how he did. Meanwhile they have a lot of conferences, meetings etc. to attend plus some sight seeing.

We will be picking Matt up on July 2nd at the Chattanooga airport and then heading to Kansas until the 6th. From there we will be in Eureka Springs Ark. for a day or two and then on to Texas. We will be home around the 18th or 19th so I won't be on for awhile unless I can get on a computer in Texas.

Kelly hope you and Calvin have a really good time, it is always nice to be able to sneak away for a day or two with no kids. Glad your m-i-l is back out of the hospital and doing a little better. I am sure Alex will be fine with getting his tonsils out but will be sending prayers his way. Tell him everyone will tell him he can eat as much ice cream as he wants but if he is like I was heck you don't feel like eating ice cream. That and I just kept falling a sleep. But that was many, many years ago so maybe they do it different now.

train I have been keeping up with how Mark is doing on the prayer board and will keep ya'll in my prayers of course. It is wonderful news that I read this morning that he is making progress. The house, the yard it will all wait on you so don't let it overwhelm you and mention to your pastor how hard things are, you would probably be real surprised how the church folks will pitch in and help with different things.

ditzy I hope you manage to get the 4th off so you can spend it with your family. A cook-out and watching the fireworks sounds like a wonderful way to spend the day.

What are everyone else's plans for the 4th? I am hoping we can find a fireworks show going on somewhere in Emporia Kansas, I am going to look on the internet after I finish here. This year will be weird though since it will only be Jerry, Lacy and I as Matt will be at his friends and Michael is staying home to work this trip.

Hope everyone has a really nice weekend and a Safe and fun 4th.
mouse