Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

States See who visits from your state!

Old 06-16-2007, 12:57 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hey y'all!

Well, we've fallen through getting down to Joyce's house until sometime in July. BUT, Sharon is mailing her a disk will all the programs we were going to use to spruce up her PC. We'll hope she can run them and get her 'puter in better condition for logging onto FC.

We'll follow up when she gets back from Maine. If Sharona is too tied up with guests at the cottages, I'll get my DD to drive me over, if she has time - or just go myself. Won't be able to stay long, if I do, but her 'puter needs to be studied and fixed.

I'm praying for Mark and Donna - hope all goes well with his rehab. Sounds like she got him to the hospital snicker-snak and he was treated aggressively in time.

Patti - your knee is really healing well and you are doing GREAT with your PT!! Congrats!

Well, it's time to hang up and get back to work.

Cheerio!
Elizabeth

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*
~*~ Affection is responsible for nine-tenths of whatever solid and durable happiness there is in our lives. ~*~
~*~ C. S. Lewis ~*~
Old 06-16-2007, 01:11 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

I am so happy Joyce is going to be able to get away for awhile. Does everyone good.

Thanks Elizabeth went out yesterday with Gina to Wal-Mart then Costco but checked out both times and sat down till Gina got done. But it was soooooooooo good to get and buy what I wanted to etc instead of asking Adam etc to get this or that for me. Bought me a watermelon paid lots more for it than would normally but wanted it lol.

Hugs to all
Old 06-17-2007, 07:19 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Good morning all,

Looks like it is going to be another hot one today.:
We have had pretty much no rain here either. A sprinkle or two but that is about it. Our lawn is toast. I have managed to keep a few potted plants and some hanging baskets watered but that is about it. We are on a well here so there is a sense of urgency about not wasting water. If our well goes dry we are "screwed" to say the least. No public water system is available. Pray for rain.umbrella:
Martie....my taters turned out great. I will be using your recipe again. Thanks! The dinner turned out really good and I'm glad the family could all get together. I made ribs, brocolli casserole, smashed taters, deviled eggs, and lemon mousse for dessert. I could tell my MIL didn't feel good but she came and enjoyed seeing everyone. She is not doing well at all and it is killing me to watch her suffer. We all just feel so helpless and don't know what to do to ease her pain. It take every ounce of energy she has just to go to all of her Dr. appointments.

Good to hear from you Joyce! I've missed your posts. I know the agony of dial up myself. We have recently switched to Verizon wireless and it is much better. We still can't get broadband yet but they keep telling us "soon". Have a great time visiting your family. I'm sure your flight will be fine. See if your DR. will give you something to help you relax a little before you board the plane. We see many RX's like that at work where the DR will write an RX for just a few pills for a "special occasion" to help releive anxiety.

Prayers to Donna and Mark. I'll look on the prayer thread to keep up with his progress.

Mouse....sounds like you guys are doing great despite all the things that have been thrown at you. Sorry to hear about Jerry's job. That just stinks to say the least. Sounds like you have and are taking all the right steps to find new careers.

Sharon...have a great time in DC over the 4th. Hope you get to see the fireworks. Sounds like the perfect way to celebrate the 4th to me!Also, thanks for the offer of the use of your cabin. Wow, that is very generous of you. DH and I just might take you up on that. You know we love to come to Helen!

Pattie, and Elizabeth...hope you are both feeling better this morning. I know those achy joints can be a real pain.

Ditzy....hope you are feeling well this morning. Great job on saving money for your new truck. It is a good feeling to have some money stashed away!

For those I missed, hope you are doing great!

Gotta run, I've got a busy day ahead of me. Going to bake my FIL his favorite cake for Fathers Day!

Hugs,
Kelly:

PS excuse all mistakes in this post. New keyboard! Haven't gotten use to it yet!
Old 06-17-2007, 06:52 PM
A Member of the Family
FamilyCorner Groupie

Just checked in for a minute and caught up. It's so good to see so many posting again. Joyce, I hope you are able to keep checking in even before you're computer gets looked at. I have to remember to run all that stuff soon. It's been too long and things are beginning to run slowly again.

Donna, you and Mark are in my prayers.
Elizabeth, glad you are able to type a little more at a time. Prayers for you too.

Sharon, I sure wish I could take you up on the middle of the week deal! Is that deal good in August? Our 25th anniversary is the 20th that month and we can't afford to do much. ;-)

Everyone else, hope you had a great weekend! Oh, and I only get to sleep in on Friday mornings most weeks. I get up and make Terry breakfast Monday thru Thursday.

Well, I need to run. I have 2 gone to camp and 2 here through Wednesday afternoon. I'll try to check in again before too many days go by!
Old 06-19-2007, 12:16 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hey all!
The special is good any time except Oktoberfest and Thanksgiving week.

All is well here, just too much going on as usual. Our inspection went well, and we are up to code. Woo Hoo!

I'll be checking in again, soon.

If you are coming to see me, come any time! If you are coming to see my house, make an appointment.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:35 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Good morning everyone,

No sleep for me....I really dread tomorrow at work! My brain won't let me sleep tonight, too much on my mind I guess.

I've got tons to do this week besides working extra. Alex is leaving for camp on Sun. and will be returning the following Sat. I've got lots to do to get him ready for that as well as some shopping to do. I told Calvin he is going to have to take him to the scout store in Chattanooga for a few things, I just am not going to have the time. Oh well, we always manage to get it all done somehow.

MIL is not doing well. She had out patient surgery today to put a catheter in her chest for the newest chemo treatments that she will start receiving tomorrow. She is so ill now, I just don't know if she will be able to tolerate this more aggressive treatment that she is about to start. Prayers are needed for her.

Sharon...congrats on passing your inspection.

Mouse....hope your family has a great time in TX.

Well, think I'll run around the forum a little. Hope I can get sleepy soon.

Hugs,
Kelly
Old 06-20-2007, 06:08 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Kelly I just hate nights like that when I am so tired and just can't go to sleep, seems like I have more nights like that here lately. The Tylenol night time stuff does no good so don't waste your money on that stuff. I hope Alex has a great time on his camping trip. Will this be the first one without you or hubby? Boy is he growing up. I am so sorry about your M-I-L, I hope she can handle the more aggressive treatments. The chemo just seems to be so hard on the body and I am sure that is because it is fighting to kill the cancer. I will keep her in my prayers. How did the Fathers Day cake turn out? Was he surprised?

Please keep train in your prayers also. Mark has been having a hard time in physical therapy and then train found out her dad has lung cancer and her truck broke down so she is really struggling with it all right now. Maybe if you have time send them a card.

We finally got rain yesterday, lots and lots of rain. Jerry took Lacy to her doctor appointment and they saw 5 wrecks in Cartersville on the way.

Hope you all have a good day.
hugs,
mouse
Old 06-21-2007, 04:59 PM
A Member of the Family
FamilyCorner Groupie

Kelly, prayers for your mom-in-law. A very good friend called the other day and said her MIL who had been cancer free for many years now has non-Hodgkins Lymphoma that is not in her lymph nodes. It's in her bones all over her body. They are doing some very aggressive treatment with her too and said that after the first treatment last week she would definitely lose all her hair. I've tried to call my friend this week to check on her but haven't gotten a call back. I'll put your MIL on the list with my friend's MIL.

Well, I started a yahoo 360 page. I *think* the address is http://360.yahoo.com/hawkcomom. If that doesn't work let me know and I'll figure it out. LOL! I'm not good at blogging. I think in my head that's the same as writing in your diary and then broadcasting it to everyone and leaving it laying open on the coffee table. LOL!

We had rain here over Tuesday night but I don't think we've had any since. I was really surprised when I went out on Wednesday morning and everything was really wet.

Elizabeth, how are you doing? I hope your hands are better and you've gotten caught up on all your work.

Joyce, how's the WH? I'm getting to the point of craving some good hashbrowns. LOL! It's been several months since I been. Hope you are doing well and can get on here to read and post.

Train, if you have any time to read and see this, you and Mark are in my prayers as well as your father. Hope your truck was easily fixed and not expensive.

Thanks Sharon for the info. I'll be in touch if we get a chance to get away for our anniversary. Terry wondered if you have any connections around Biloxi, MS. We are going to be heading that direction in October and need to find a REALLY good deal down that way. He actually gave me another place and said any where between the two but I'll have to ask again because I've slept since he told me. LOL!

Well, I need to get off here. I'm getting sleepy while typing and listening to "Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader." LOL!

Have a great evening!!
Old 06-22-2007, 06:33 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Well, I *was* caught up on my work, then another box arrived! LOLOL! "They" said things had slowed down, but I have 9 cases due in then next 2 weeks! That's not very slow, but is down from the 5/week I was turning out for a while.

VERY IMPORTANT NOTICE: Trainlady (Donna)'s husband, Mark, had a bad turn for the worse. When last heard, he was in ICU with massive blood clots in his lungs (pulmonary embolisms) and his legs. He is in serious, fi not critical, condition. Please pray for them!! Trainlady is distraught!

Joyce is leaving tomorrow AM to go to Maine where her mother is very ill. She is terrified to fly, and is not looking forward to the whole experience, so I've added her to the IPU (intensive prayer unit), too.

Martie - your page came up just fine! I'll have to take some time and look it over. When I have time! LOL!

Mouse, keep on truckin' and keep us posted on Jerry's job situation. PM me and let me know his experience and training. I may know of something... Y'all are in the IPU!

Patti - keep up the exercises. The joint will loosen up and work well with no pain when you get it to the optimum!

Kelly - I hope your Mom responds well to the new chemo regimen. Keep us posted. Y'all are in the IPU, too!

Ditzy - how are you doing?

Sharon, let me know when you will be free for a lunch next week or the week after.

The rest of you, enjoy these hot, muggy-smuggy days if you can!

Cheerio!
Elizabeth

~*~ "The optimist thinks that this is the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist knows it." ~*~
~*~ J. Robert Oppenheimer, scientist ~*~
Old 06-22-2007, 09:40 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hello everyone,

Joyce....My prayers are with you on your flights and the crew. I know how you feel...member...I flew last summer and I was scared to death. I hope to never fly again. So sorry you are having so many problems with your computer. Hopefully it will work itself out.
Let us know if you get approved for the indigent program for your medical bills.

Patti...Glad to hear Boomer is doing well from the ear drops.
How is your knee doing? I hope you are doing much better and the pain is gone.

Mouse...glad to hear that Jerry is doing so well on his tests. At this rate he will do really well. How is school going for you? How long do you have to go? Good luck to you both on your studies.
As for your neighbors doing all the watering...what goes around comes around. Something will come up and it will backfire on them and turn around and bite them in the butt...I think it is wrong that they will not conserve water like they should. They must think they are like Paris Hilton and think the laws don't apply to them. If I was you..I would report them, its just not right to the people who are abiding by the water restrictions and they are getting away with it. It just makes it harder for everyone else and makes bad feelings toward all the neighbors.
I hope it gets better for you.

Sharona...glad to hear all is going well for you and your dh and the cabins. Have you had a lot of people staying there or is it going slow. I hope it will be a big sucess for ya'll.
Have a safe trip to your niece's wedding. I will be looking for you if you go to the capitol. Let us know if you go.
We will have 2 fireworks show here. One will be on Jekyll Island and the other will be across from it on Saint Simmons Island. So we get 2 at the same time. It was so awsesome last year. It was so gorgeous. My neck got stiff from looking up so long...lol.

Donna....So very sorry to hear about Mark. I am praying for a speedy and quick recovery for him. Please be sure to take care of yourself too. It won't do Mark or you any good if you colapse from exhaustion and worry. Take care of you first and it will be a lot easier on Mark and you also. May God give you strength and encouragement during this time. Hugs and prayers to you both.

Kelly.....sorry to hear you have it so hot there. We have had some rain...gosh knows we needed it. it has done wonders on the smoldering fires. They are now 98% contained. Can't believe they have been burning since April.
My prayers are going out for your MIL and pray the treatments will go real good for her.

Martie....your yahoo page looks great. You did a real good job on it. I like your Pirate.

Elisabeth...Thanks for the update on Donna and her Dh...I will keep him and her in my prayers.
What cases do you work on anyway? I hope they go easy and quick for you.
I'm glad to hear your hands feel a little better lately. I hope it continues to get better so you can type without any pain.

To all the others here on the porch,,I hope you all have a great weekend and all are healthy and happy.

Hugs and many prayers to all and to all of their family members. Safe trips to all who are traveling soon.

Debbie