Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

States See who visits from your state!

Old 06-13-2007, 05:57 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

We got rain last night, but we didn't get very much. Just enough to puddle the street.

Hands are a bit better today. Thank you for all your good thoughts and prayers!! They do help!

Sharon posted me - she offered to pick me up and both of us go down to Joyce's and try to "do something" with her computer. At the least we can run Adaware, SpybotS&D, and put Avast! virus protect on her machine. We can clean it up a little. I'm going to run a program called VOpt - it organizes and defrags harddrives. It's amazing how much just that alone will speed up a machine! We'll also poke around in her cookies and

If she has too much extra or weird stuff in her registry, though, it will take someone better than I to fix it - like the ol' curmudgeon. If so, though, we'll have to bring the 'puter up here for him to work on. It's just too far for him to drive with his back problems.

Well, it looks like most of us are here, and the other thread is now closed. But the last post has the link to this one, so anyone who tries to post on it will see it and come here. How large do you think we should let the thread get (# pages) before we start another and close this down? It proabely would be a good idea to set something fairly reasonable. The "What's for Dinner" thread closes each month, and at the most usually doesn't have more than 40 pages. Does that sound like a good number to y'all? Or am I being too "pushy" or "bossy?"

Well time to get to work, again!

Cheerio!
Elizabeth

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*
~*~ Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become. ~*~
~*~ C. S. Lewis ~*~
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*
Old 06-13-2007, 07:17 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Elizabeth 40 pages sounds good to me. I just realized I have not gotten any notices for WFD .

I think that is very nice of you and Sharon to go down and see what you can do for Joyce's toy. Hope it is able to be fixed with what you guys can do and does not require more work.

Well I for sure have a new dog, Boomer is a pure bred beagle only 11 months old. Gina has him to the vet now to check him out. Gina gave him the name of Boomer as he was Hercules don't like Boomer but like it better han Hercules lol.

More later friends OH my PT discharged me today so will see tomorrow if my DR thinks I need more pt if so will have to go somewhere else to get it. HOW I get there is another thing
Old 06-13-2007, 07:27 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Elisabeth.....40 is a good number...nice round number...works for me.Its very nice of you to go down and get rid of all joyce's junk in her trunk(computer)....lolSure hope it will solve all of her problems.Patti....congrats on your new dog. Thats the best medicine you can ever get. Sure hope you are finished with your pt and the dr. releases you from it. By the way, how is the knee doing now anyway? Good I hope.Later ladies, gotta do some more organizing. Have almost 3 rooms completed.

Old 06-13-2007, 07:46 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

LOL thanks Ditzy just so I can keep hm from tripping me or jumping on my knee/leg. He will grow on me for sure. I love pets.

Knee has no pain now and when it does very little thank God.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:10 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Ok, the little guys worked last time, so here they are again, lol. We did indeed have rain two days in a row, altho it didn't amount to much either time. But. It was sure better than nothing. We got the hail also, Debbie, but not much. Each little bit helped, tho, as it melts into the ground...water, lol.

Elizabeth, I already have SpyBot, I think it is, and ran it the other night. Whatever this is has been going on for quite a long time now. But, these last two times I've come here, the box came up, but even so, it allowed me to post. Beats me, sigh. I'm sure sorry you're having so much pain in your hands, bless your heart. I wish I could do something to help it, but I can't...you're in my prayers. Oh, btw, I vote for 40 pages, also.

And Pag, that's so sad about Donna's hubby, most definitely there will be prayers said here for him. And for her, of course. I'm glad you've been released from the PT. Makes life a little easier, eh?

Debbie, I wrote down the GA Indigent name, and will look into it. The biggest problem is going to be getting him to GO, sigh. He's as stubborn as a mule, blast him.

Mouse, report those idiots. Who do they think they are, anyway? Why can't people understand that we're in a severe drought situation here, eh? Do the laws only apply to some of us, and not to others?!?! I'm with Jerry, I'd rather have a drink of water on down the road than have flowers or a pretty yard right now. That yard is NOT going to do anything about my thirst, sigh. We haven't seen any hummers yet, altho some folks around here have. Seems like ours show up closer to August, tho, so I'm not really looking for them just yet.

Martie, use the summer to relax a little bit. It's a very, very rare day that I actually want to climb out of bed, sigh. Most days it just doesn't seem worth the bother, lol.

Kelly, Kim, hey, how y'all doing these days?

I took the day off from work, first time I've actually called in in quite a while. My stomach is just plain icky today...not even going to fix a dinner here tonight, just some Ramen noodles. The salt in them usually helps to settle my stomach, so I'm willing to try them.

From June 22, Friday, until June 30, Saturday, I'll be out of state. I'm flying to Maine to visit my family, first time in five years, and no, I'm not looking forward to it. I hate to fly. The tickets are already bought, so I can't change my mind now and go either by train or bus. The good thing, tho, is that my son is going to try to be there, also. I don't think he and I will be on the same flights, but it will be nice to see him and the rest of my family together. Pray for my flight...the pilot and the mechanics, please. Thanks.

Time to finish cleaning out my inbox, as I'm wicked behind. God bless.

"If your life seems to be all tangled up, stop struggling...sit still...God will untie the knots." __author unknown
Old 06-13-2007, 06:27 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

It is soooooo good to see you here Joyce hope your probs with puter are over. Boomer got a healthy report other than an ear infection just found that out when Judy brought me ear drops that have to be put in his ears every 3 days. I assume they put some in while he was there. Will ask Gina about it tomorrow. He goes in Friday to be neutered. I am sure glad of that.

I too hope I will not have to have anymore PT here or anywhere else except for the chair/bed exercises that I do with Judy's help.

My heart sure goes out for Donna she has been thru' good bit and now poor Mark.

Joyce see if you can con E into having himself checked if possible.

More later hugs to all
Old 06-13-2007, 08:26 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Elizabeth 40 pages sounds good to me and no I don't think your being bossy or pushy. I see it as just being helpful and getting things set. I am glad your hands are doing a little better today and will keep the prayers up.

Joyce, no rain again today, no hail yesterday. We did get some rain sprinkles on the interstate on the way to church this evening but that was in Calhoun, nothing in Adairsville and yes I am going to report them tomorrow when I go pay my bill cause when we got home this evening there were about 6 people watering. Guess they figured it the guy in the front house can water every day and not get in trouble then they can water also. I hope your stomach is feeling better. Have a very safe trip to Maine and a great time with your family and you can tell us all about it when you get home. Oh eat a couple of crab cakes and lobsters for me.

Jerry started his classes today and has worked up to Chapter 3, taken 3 test and passed them all. The way it works is you read and do worksheets through the chapter, take the test and if you miss any questions you have to read and do the worksheets again through the whole chapter and retake the test. So far he has missed between 1-3 questions on every 40-50 question test and had to do all 3 of them over a second time but passed them on the second try. He said since he has never done anything like this before it may take him a little bit of time to get it all done if he has to do every test and chapter twice. I told him that was fine that way he would remember it better by having to do it twice. Plus I told him he is older (will be 50 in Aug.) and that it would probably take him a bit longer to learn it then if he was in his 20's or 30's. He was getting really down on himself at first but now that he has done 3 test and passed them he is starting to feel a little better.

If anyone hears from train let us know how her hubby is doing and how she is doing.

Good night,
mouse
Old 06-14-2007, 05:24 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hey All!
Have I got a special deal for you! Anybody that wants to come to Helen, mid week - Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday- or all 3 nights - can stay at one of our 1 bedroom cabins for free! All I ask is that you pay for cleaning and hot tub maintenance - a whopping $50. We'll be putting sofa sleepers in this fall, so then they will be able to sleep 4. I know we are all going through "stuff" and I wanted to give all my fellow front porchers an opportunity to get away.
All is as normal here as it can be. We will be heading up to DC over 4th of July week as our niece is getting married on the 7th. We'll be in Charlottesville for a little while on the 4th as my best friend's husband will be sworn in as a citizen at Monticello. I am trying to convince the family that we NEED to go to the concert on the Capitol lawn - the one that is on PBS - and see the fireworks over the Washington Monument. I'll let you know if we do that so you can watch for us in the crowd.
That's it from here for right now.
Hugs to all!

If you are coming to see me, come any time! If you are coming to see my house, make an appointment.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:21 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Wow Sharon that sounds like a great deal and really nice of you but with Lacy here we can't go off even for a weekend and leave her, she would get into all kinds of trouble I'm sure. The boys would be fine at home alone but Lacy is almost like a 5 year old, unless you want trouble you can't leave her alone for more than an hour or two. Maybe after you get the sofa sleepers in we can visit up there (if we have the money in the fall).

That would be fantastic if ya'll could go to the Capitol lawn for the fireworks show. If you do wear a bright shirt so we can look for you in the crowd. We will probably go to the fireworks show in Calhoun again this year. Then we are heading to Texas the next day.

Don't guess Matt got the job at Mohawk cause he hasn't heard anything so I reckon they hired someone else. Oh well that just means he can now go to Texas with us.

Well hope you all sleep good.
mouse
Old 06-14-2007, 09:21 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I'm just on the computer for a quick hello tonight!

Hello!!!!

If you would like to read the update on Mark, it is in the prayer thread, don't have time to retype it but just wanted to say a big thank you for all your prayers!

Happy Flagdaybirthday to Sharona!!!!! Didja have some cake for me??!!

love, Donna

Last edited by trainlady; 06-14-2007 at 09:31 PM.