Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

States See who visits from your state!

Old 02-27-2008, 05:42 AM
A Member of the Family
FamilyCorner Groupie

Heading out the door in a few but wanted to double check that I hadn't quit receiving the emails that there were messages posted. Hope to see you all back on here quickly! I want to hear about that snow you N. Georgia, Bama and Tn girls got this morning!
Old 02-27-2008, 06:22 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hey all!
We got about an inch on our side of the mountain, yet Helen has hardly a dusting.
Mouse and Jerry came to stay in one of our cabins this last weekend. We had a wonderful visit, and they came over for dinner, bringing a delicious chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting. Yum!
Speaking of our cabins, we are closing down the business next week. We've given it a go, and with the economy the way it is, people aren't traveling, and we aren't making the bills. Neither Jan nor I have pulled a paycheck this last year and it's been hard. I'm sad to see it go, because I know it can be a viable endeavor, but our timing was off.
The good news is..... I am now managing the gift shop at the Bear Park, so I'm still in Helen if anyone comes to town.
That's it from here for right now. I'm calling for a roll call, just let us know that you are well. Hugs to all!

If you are coming to see me, come any time! If you are coming to see my house, make an appointment.
Old 02-27-2008, 06:27 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

I too am headed out Stacie just got here to pick me up. We will just be out and about as they say nothing special other than being with each other.

Hope all have a good day
Old 02-28-2008, 10:10 AM
A Member of the Family
FamilyCorner Groupie

Well Sharona, I hate that the timing was off. That's happened to me on different little things but nothing as big as a business. Not sure when I'll make it back up that way but the Bear Park gift shop seems like it would be a good job too. We still look at our pictures from our visit and talk about how cute the baby was but how sharp those claws were. Oh, and the mating bears too. LOL!

Well, I'm cold and need to go grab a shower to warm up I think. We are having a stay at home kind of day and here I sit, still in my pj's at 1:00! Need to get some house work caught up too.

Hope you all are having a wonderful day!
Old 02-28-2008, 10:35 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hi all, hope you are having a nice day. It is cold here today. I am really ready for some warmer weather. Well we very much enjoyed our visit to Helen, it was so relaxing and really good for us to get away. We got to meet Nestor (Sharon's other half) and he is very nice. Their house is really nice and I could just imagine the bears coming to their backyard as we were on the back deck. Sharon made this really awsome chicken soup that I need to get the recipe for and some homemade bread. It was really a nice visit. I am really sorry she is having to close the cabins as ours was so cute, it reminded me a little of Texas as she had it decorated with cowboy boots and hats and such. They had a heart shaped hot tub in there and we got in and put some bubbles in, well it didn't make many bubbles so Jerry added a little more bubble mix. Still not many bubbles but it was nice and warm so we were relaxing when Jerry said to turn the jets on. I did and we laid our heads back and shut our eyes to relax and the next thing we knew bubbles were hitting us in the mouth. We opened our eyes and bubbles were all over the tub, the jets totally stirred them up and there were probably more bubbles than water in the hot tub. We played in the bubbles for a bit and then when we got out it took Jerry a while to get all the bubbles out of the hot tub. It was so funny. Anyway the cabins are really nice.

Jerry is out trying to find work today and I go out tomorrow. I do have some places in mind so hopefully one of us will get something.

martie we went to the bear park last time we were in Helen and we loved it. I'm still in my sweats also, trying to get the house picked up a little. I probably won't change from my sweats today thought cause it is just to cold here.

Pag I hope you and Stacie have a good time today and eat somewhere fun.

Sharon mail me that recipe when you have time. Thanks so much again.

hugs,
mouse
Old 03-08-2008, 08:10 AM
A Member of the Family
FamilyCorner Groupie

Where did you all go? I've missed having messages to check lately.

Hope you all saw the snow falling this morning. It was beautiful. Just wish the conditions were right for it to stick and stay a day or two.
Old 03-15-2008, 09:01 AM
A Member of the Family
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hellooooo!!!

ellooooo!!!

llooooo!!!

ooooo!!!

Is any body here???

ere???

ere???

There seems to be an echo on the porch!!

Did you all go get a life and leave me here alone?

I'm hoping none of you were affected by the tornado that hit downtown last night or the storms that rolled and are rolling through the area today.

So far we are good down here. I do keep hearing thunder rolling though.

Last night was odd. First, the girls and I dropped Skylar off to a GA's lock-in and then went to eat at MOE's. We hung out for awhile, walked around Goody's and then came home. I hadn't been here 10 minutes when the phone rang. It was my sister in Arkansas asking me what was going on out here. WHAT? I don't know what you are talking about!

So she starts telling me they had just gotten home and turned on the basketball game (didn't know the SEC was playing here this weekend myself. LOL) and saw the shot taken where the guys all stopped and looked up.

Of course I turned on the TV to see what she was seeing but they were getting the national feed from ABC and here all I could see was 20/20 on ABC and everyone else was showing radar close-ups so no clue where to find what she was watching.

We finally swapped all the info and saw the same video feeds but then we started getting the live action shots of the water fall formerly known as a stairwell at the World Congress Center.

Anyway, I just thought I'd check in again and see if anyone was hanging out over here. Sure miss you guys!
Old 03-15-2008, 09:25 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Hi Martie and all, I am here. Pretty out side and yesterday was in 70's. Today I think it is suppose to be in 60's. I so want the nice weather to come and stay. I am itching to get out on patio and " play in the dirt" with my plants. Throw the ball for Baby to catch and other things. Even walk around yard and pick up stray stuff that blew into my yard.
I love hanging my wash out and did get some out yesterday well Judy did it not me. Can not stand long enough to do it anymore GRRR!
Hope all that are having bad weather are okay and no power outages. Joyce emailed me a brief one last nite saying lots of thunder in her area so she was shutting down. I dread when hurricane season starts. God bless all
Old 03-15-2008, 05:31 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Checking in....
Stormy here but we are ok! Just got a lot of rain and thunder/lightening....think the worst of it was south of us.
Old 03-15-2008, 05:57 PM
A Member of the Family
FamilyCorner Groupie

Kim, glad you guys were pretty much missed. Patti, Thanks for the note on Joyce. I hope she and the others check in soon. It's been quiet down here since we had a hail storm around 4:00. Hopefully it's gone now.

Patti, I hope you are able to play in the dirt soon! I hope we can too. Savannah bought some seed last weekend and started them in small starter pots. She told me after 4 days she already had sprouts! I can hardly wait!

Need to run again. Have a wonderful Sunday!