Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

States See who visits from your state!

Old 06-11-2007, 07:45 PM
A Member of the Family
FamilyCorner Groupie

I'm here! Finally had a minute to pull up the page and post. Glad to see Joyce and Mouse back as well as everyone else! Joyce, the rain dance must have helped a bit. We saw a touch of rain this evening.

Kelly, I know I'm really late so I hope your taters turned out okay. I would think if your crockpot is large enough doubling the recipe would work just fine.

Well, it's very late so I'll go for now. I just needed to get subscribed over here!
Old 06-12-2007, 04:56 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

good morning GA Porch Gang, not sure if any of you know it yet or not BUT Donna/Traingirl's hubby had a stroke yesterday morn and is in ICU in Mercy Hosp in Bakersfield, CA. When I know anymore will post it. Please pray for Mark and Donna. She is always there for all of us and I pray FC rallies around her and Mark.

God bless all
Old 06-12-2007, 04:58 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Joyce posted me off-forum that she still has major problems accessing FC. I'm going to try to set up a time to go cown to her house (on a good day) and check out her computer - probably cleaning it up with Adaware and SpyBot and Avast will take care of most of the problems. All are free. If I can't get there, I'll suggest them toher. They are really easy to download, install and use, so I think she'll be able to do it.

I was a little premature doing a happy-dance about the Solu-Medrol shot. Yesterday I woke up with swelling in both hands around the base joints of my ring fingers (left worse than right, for a change) and serious pain (8/10) when trying to use them (typing, picking up stuff, etc). I ended up having to type for 10 min and rest for 30 min. Instead of only one splint, I wore both last night. I have no idea how I got them on and used my teeth to get them off this am. Both hands are a bit better, but I'm being very careful today - typing 10 and resting 30 again. Have to finish the case that was due on Monday, so can't stay on her long.

Glad to see so many migrating over. As soon as it looks like all of us are here, I'll ask one of the moderators to close GA III.

I'm praying for God's Will for E. Well, back to work!

Cheerio!
Elizabeth

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*
~*~ What seem our worst prayers may really be, in God's eyes, our best. Those, I mean, which are least supported by devotional feeling. For these may come from a deeper level than feeling. God sometimes seems to speak to us most intimately when he catches us, as it were, off our guard. ~*~
~*~ C. S. Lewis ~*~
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*
Old 06-12-2007, 04:59 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Traingirl's Hubby

Patty - your post must have come in while I was writing mine!

Train - BIG prayers going up for your DH!!

Love
Elizabeth
Old 06-12-2007, 05:08 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Ye Elizabeth guess we were posting at same time. My heart goes out to you tooooo you have sooo much on your plate and with all your aches/pains you keep going. I admire you. Wish I could meet you in person take care and God bless
Old 06-12-2007, 06:38 AM
A Member of the Family
FamilyCorner Groupie

Elizabeth, I'll be praying for you. How painful that sounds. When I was catching up last night it appears that the Georgia III board is already closed - at least for posting messages. Not sure if they do more to close it or not.

Patti, thanks for posting about Train's dh. I'll be keeping them in prayer as well.

Gotta get the kids up and moving. I think the overcast skies are causing them to be lazy and sleep in much later. I know we were all up pretty late too. I didn't want to get up this morning either.

Have a wonderful day!
Old 06-12-2007, 06:52 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

You are welcome Martie. I was sitting here and in popped Steven thought he was sick or something but today was awards day for his class and they got out afterwards. He got an award for Math. Very proud of our little man.

Adam is still at school or gone on to work one. Not sure.

Thursday is last day for our kids to go to school.

More later
Old 06-12-2007, 10:05 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Elizabeth sorry you are in so much pain. Wish you had someone to do all that typing for you, I know it must be so frustrating to only type for 10 minutes and then have to rest your hands. If we lived closer I would come type for you.

Train my thoughts and prayers are with you and Mark. I pray for a speedy recovery for him. If you need anything I can help you with please let me know. I am glad your mama is there to help you and support you.

Joyce glad to see you back on F/C again. If Elizabeth doesn't get a chance to get down there before Jerry and I make a trip down then maybe he can help your computer. Our hummers have been flying around but we still haven't put the food out for them this year. They have been buzzing around some of the plants. The rain has missed up every time for the last two weeks. Even yesterday Cartersville got quite a bit of rain and missed us totally and last weekend Calhoun got a good rain and missed us totally so it is circling us anyway. BUT we are still waiting for ours. Some of the neighbors are watering every day even with the restrictions and it makes me so mad cause Jerry won't water at all even on the evening we can. He says he would rather drink water in a few months than water his yard. I want to report the ones that water every day but Jerry says no that they will get caught on their own. I don't think we have any one that even checks to see if people are watering when they aren't suppose to. Oh well guess I could look at the bright side, less of a water bill this year.
Gee E. really needs to see some doctor, what about the health care center? Don't they see people for only a little money or even none? I'm not sure but he really needs to get something to help him breath. It is so scary when you just can't get enough air.

martie it is summer, you all get to sleep late some days well except for your DH. In our house right now Michael is the only one having to get up early (6:45 AM) the rest of us drag out of bed around 9:00 except Lacy who will drag out some days at 12:00, do her chores and head to the pool.

ditzy it sounds like you are getting a lot done. I keep wanting to clean out and get rid of but everyone hollars "But I need that, but that is good stuff or well if you don't want that then I do". It is mighty hard to get rid of stuff around here. Be safe when you work nights.

hugs,
mouse
Old 06-12-2007, 10:53 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hello ladies,

I couldn't believe it, "HAIL" We had blowing thunderstorms. It turned my yard into a small pond(where's my fishing pole?) My dog was stuck under our canopy swing in the rain and I went out to get her loose so she could get in her dog house, as soon as I got the last link untangled she took off and pulled me face down in the mud, I got up and looked like Al Jolsen...lol , the whole front of me was full of mud. I jumped in the shower clothes and all on. She is a big strong dog. At least she stayed dry ...go figure.

Joyce...glad to see you back on again. Hope your puter problems get fixed soon. Sorry to hear E is not doing so well. Have you talked to a hospital or doctor's office about getting on the Georgia Indegent Care Trust Fund? It may pay 100% of the fees. I am on it as I do not have insurance and I only pay 20% of medical. Look into it, it may be just what he needs. Let us know ok?

Donna....Hoping and praying for Mark to make a 100% recovery. Keeping you and Mark in prayer. I hope all goes well for you.

Elisabeth....so sorry to hear that you are having so much difficulities with your hands. I hope you get to feel better and back to your old self soon.

Martie....so glad to see you here again. Hmmmm so you get to sleep in now that school is out..how lucky is that..I wish I could, but I have been getting up early for years that I just can't sleep late.

mouse....Yes I am getting a lot done. I know to do all of this when my dh is at work, because he would be keeping everything. He's the pack rat not me.

Patti....we surely won't forget about your pain and we will keep you up high in prayer too. I hope you are healing and your knee is getting better.

Well I am glad to see everyone returning to post. Good to see everyone.

Hugs and prayers
Debbie

Old 06-13-2007, 12:21 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Ditzy that is such a funny story about the dog. The rain totally missed us again today, maybe it will get us tomorrow. I am getting real jealous of all you folks getting rain. Got an e-mail from Joyce earlier and she got rain today also or at least thunder but it was headed her way when she sent the e-mail and I would bet she got some rain out of it.

Going to try and go back to bed, don't know why I am having so much trouble sleeping, even the Tylenol sleep aid doesn't help.

hugs all,
mouse