Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Your Community > Local & Regional Forums > States

States See who visits from your state!

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 05:26 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Georgia III

Continue the Georgia chatting here!

Enjoy!!

When I was young, I always said I wanted to be someone...I guess I should have been more specific!
Old 02-26-2006, 06:14 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Any of you been watching Dancing with the Stars? The ones I wanted to win did
Old 02-28-2006, 06:02 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hey Y'all!

I am back from Florida. I scheduled my CT scan for next Tuesday, but still don't know when my actual surgery will be. I wish I could just get a date so that I could plan accordingly. It is so nerve wracking. Definately something I need but I am soooooooo not looking forward to it.

We had one GREAT day of weather in Florida and as luck would have it we celebrated Kate's birthday that day with a trip to the zoo. Her bday isn't until the 3rd, but she wanted to celebrate with my parents so it all worked out nicely.

Anyway, we are all back to the daily grind here.

Bye for now!!

"Look not mournfully into the past. It comes not back again. Wisely improve the present. It is thine. Go forth to meet the shadowy future, without fear."
~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow ~
Old 03-02-2006, 04:51 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hi everyone,

Trying to get caught up on the thread. Have been having alot of trouble getting on FC lately. Could be my computer, could be the site. I have dial up so, that is part of the problem.

We did go on our trip to Boone. We had a really good time. We didn't get to go tubing though. It was so crowded that all the sessions that we wanted to go to were sold out. Calvin and Alex went snow boarding and took lessons. I did not. I could tell by looking that wasn't for me. We did do a couple of sessions of ice skating though. It was a first for all of us. I didn't do so well but I kept trying. The bruises have almost healed! Calvin did good and Alex took to it like a duck to water! We don't have an ice skating rink anywhere near here. We think there may be one in Knoxville which is about 1&1/2 hours away. We may try to take Alex there some since he enjoyed it so much.

Patty and Mouse... don't envy the packing you both are doing. Hope the move goes smoothly for both of you. Mouse...where are you moving to or do you know yet?

Scouts are still going strong. We had our Blue & Gold banquet last Tues. Getting ready for spring camping and such. 1 more year and my role as leader will be over. I will be crossing my boys over to Boy Scouts. I must say, I'm ready.LOL. I think I will have 5 boys that will cross over. I had hoped for more but, it is so hard to keep them involved when the parents loose interest. It is usually the parent and not the boy that decides to quit.

Work has been well...work! Lots of people sick. I have been working some extra shifts due to the fact that so many employees have been out sick. We have been very lucky. Not so much as a sniffle or cough at my house. Hope our luck holds out.

More later.

Hugs,
Kelly
Old 03-03-2006, 03:39 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Stacey, good luck with your surgery, bless your heart...ok, bless your nose, too.

Kelly, the last time I tried to ice skate, I made it about halfway around the rink and my ankles said NO. Broke my heart, too. So, I haven't ice skated in over 32 years now, ever since I moved down here to the sunny south. I tried to rollerskate about six years ago, at my dgd's b'day party, and didn't manage even once around the rink, lol. My left leg started going one way, my right one another, and rather than just fall hard, I managed to let myself down on all fours and crawled gracefully across the rink to the wall, lol. My ex-husband was there, and got a photo of it, and no, none of you may ever see it, lol.

Pag, I never did watch Dancing with the Stars, and kept saying I was going to, because one of my favorite wrestling divas, Stacey Kiebler, was on it. I think she and her partner lost, tho.

Rose, they've closed the thread, and I don't remember what you said you had for dinner the other night, but do remember that it sounded good. Wednesday night I got really adventuresome and made a homemade chicken stirfry, and much to my surprise, E. said we WILL have it again, lol. Fine, but next time he stands there and does all the chopping and dicing!!! Last night we had the chicken livers and biscuits from Popeye's, and I'm not cooking a meal tonight, either. E. already ate some scrambled eggs mixed with a can of cream of chicken soup(weird, eh?), and I'm going to make some eggless egg salad with tofu, lol.

Taking some time off from work, don't go back in until Monday. So far all I've really done is read, sleep, eat, and today I forced myself to go out and get the money orders for the rent and utilities, and go to the grocery store. I took the time off to rest...and that's what I'm doing. Totally useless and lovin' it, lol.

Hope y'all have a good weekend. God bless.

"If your life seems to be all tangled up, stop struggling...sit still...God will untie the knots." __author unknown
Old 03-03-2006, 03:57 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Yes Joyce Stacey and her partner lost out to Drew and Cheryl. They are who I wanted to win but Gina was rooting for Stacey.

Awwwwwwwwwwww come on be sweet and show us the pix your EX took.

Well God willing we will be moving into the other house on Monday and will have the net/cable/phone till then. Not sure how soon after the move the puters will be up but you can bet will be soon as possible. If not I will have puter withdrawal really bad.
Old 03-04-2006, 04:01 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Good Evening Friends,

So we got to big again. This makes the 3rd or 4th one? We talk a lot, LOL. Well we should be signing the papers on the house sell in 10 days and then 30 days after that we have to be out and as of yet we have no idea where that is going to be. We may end up staying in a rent house, apartment or even a motel for a couple of months. Right now we are looking for land and not having a lot of luck, we are also looking at already built houses but nothing has caught our fancy yet. Some days I am fine and some days I get a little scared like where are we going and what are we going to do. But I know it will all work out so I try not to let fear get the best of me. We have spent most of the day driving around looking at houses and for land and will probably do the same tomorrow.

Joyce I have never been able to ice skate, I tried it when I was a kid and couldn't even stand up on the skates and have never tried it again. I use to be really good on rollar skates but haven't tried that in quite some time but roller blades were about as bad as ice skating. I could stand up on them but couldn't make the skates go anywhere and then my feet would go in the opposite direction and I would fall. The kids thought it was VERY funny when they were trying to teach me. I am glad you had a few days off and sounds like you totally enjoyed them.

Kelly it is good to hear that you and the family were finally able to get away for the weekend. Those weekend getaways seem to be so good for everyone. We want to stay in Gordon county or as close to it as possible since Matt will be a senior next year. Spring camping with the scouts, how I loved it and how I miss it. Enjoy these times with your son, I promise you will miss them in a few years. We have all managed to stay well here lately also but it seems half the people we know have been sick.

I will e-mail rose before I get off my computer tonight and make sure she can find us. Anyone else ya'll think may be lost?

I will try to visit the porch as often as I can find the time which is short until we get moved somewhere.
hugs,
mouse
Old 03-07-2006, 05:53 AM
A Member of the Family
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hello again!

I'm so glad it seems we are getting back to normal around here. Whatever that is. HA! Just busy busy busy. It never stops.

Hope everyone is doing okay. It's great to hear your leg is healed Joyce! Mouse, I'd be a bit nervous myself if I was getting almost booted out with no place to go. I guess it's not quite the same though since you did sell.

Stacy, I pray your surgery goes well. My dad had the deviated septum surgery a few years ago. Didn't know they would do a uvula-ectomy. I thought you needed a hangy ball (That's what Stephanie Tanner called it on Full House). Wasn't sure what it's purpose was though. LOL!

Well, I need to get busy around here. We have lots to do while Sarah is gone to baby sit in the southern part of the county today. Then we are going to the park this afternoon so I can walk and the girls can play. We haven't done that in quite awhile.

Have a Beautiful day!!
Old 03-08-2006, 04:22 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Good morning everyone,

Not much going on around here. I have a headache this morning. It could be allergies I guess. I can see the blooms on the Bradford Pear trees from here! Our sub-division has them planted all around the the pond. Love to look at them but they kill me. I am contemplating calling in sick today but, I probably won't. I think about it everyday but never do it.

Patti...hope you get your computer set up soon. I know what you mean about computer withdrawal. There is a new house being built here and they have cut through the phone lines several times. Once this weekend so no phone or computer all day Sat.

Mouse...good luck in your search for land/house. It is a tough decision I know. There are some lovely lots available where I live!LOL I know you want to stay in GA though.

Trying to plan a scout camping trip for the end of April. My den has decided not to go to the Council campout this year. We are going to strike out on our own and camp somewhere near here. There are 2 BSA approved campgrounds near here so I will be calling today to see which one sounds best for us. My den is usually content to sit around and wait for me to make all the plans and get everything together for all of our outings. Lucky me, right? I've about had it with one of my boys and his mother. They do nothing to help but feel it is their job to show up and complain. Oh well, if I can hold my tongue one more year!

Went and got my taxes done yesterday. I will be getting a refund but it is already spent. Going toward car and house insurance. So, there is no real pleasure in it.

Hope everyone is well. Just remember, spring is almost here.

Hugs,
Kelly
Old 03-08-2006, 05:18 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Good morning all, WELL still in "old" house and Gina finally called cable/net/phone and just told them to keep me connected till she calls and tells them we are finally OUT of this house. So will have it all till I do move and then hopefully not too long afterwards.

Mouse do hope you guys find what you need/want/like soon.

Take care all and God bless

Closed Thread