Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

States See who visits from your state!

Old 03-10-2005, 01:38 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Rockingham County/ Reidsville--What can you tell me about the area?

We are finally making the big move! My DH got word on his new job and he starts April 4!!

His job is located in Greensboro. We have been looking in the Rockingham County area---mainly around Reidsville but around the rest of the county too.

Does anyone here at FC live in or around this area? Anyone familiar with the area?

We arent looking to live directly in the big city areas like Greensboro so I thought this direction might take us out of the way a bit but not so far away that there isnt anything around us.

I would really appreciate any information that you could give to me about NC, Greensboro, Rockingham County or any tips at all.

My husband is a seasoned mover but this will be my first big move to live in another state. Im very excited but really emotional now too since I'll no longer be right around the corner from most of my family.

Thanks,
Tami

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 04-07-2005, 06:57 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Let's just say that viewing over the Internet isnt all that its cracked up to be for this area.

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus

Old 04-16-2005, 07:41 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Tami,

I just found this thread and thought I would check in to see how you are doing with the move. We live a little southwest of you Charlotte. Have you found a place yet? My brother lived in High Point for several years, and attended the University there. He loves that area. There is a lot to do in High Point. There is also a lot in Winston-Salem, especially around Old Town Salem. Just south of Greensboro in Ashboro is the NC Zoo. It is one of the better zoos in the country. There are also lots of outdoor things to do in and around Greensboro - the Uwharries, High Rock Lake -and of course there is the racetrack at Rockingham. I hope that you find a home (not just a house). Let me know.

Debbie

It is important to follow our dreams as a tribute to those who were forbidden to follow theirs. - Unknown

Old 05-11-2005, 05:32 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Wow! What a small world! I happen to live in Reidsville...have been here since 1998 due to a job change. What kind of info are you looking for specifically? I can get you phone numbers for housing, utilities, etc.

And you're right, the web pages for this county don't tell you a lot. Which pages did you see? Reidsville is a large town compared to what I grew up in, but people around here say it is a small town. We are growing more and more every day, though. We're getting a super Wal-Mart this summer -- big feat for us, since we didn't have one at all before now.

Hope to see you soon,

Charlene, mother to five

When God closes a door, somewhere he opens a window.
Old 05-11-2005, 07:11 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hi Ladies, We have settled in Kernersville so far( not sure that this will be home forever but we are calling it home for now). So far, everything seems to be going pretty good for us being so new to the area. My next big feat will be changing my drivers license from Pa to NC.....fingers crossed, I wont have to go out on the road with someone. I get sooooo nervous doing that!!!

I like the fact that we kind of live in the middle of everything.......not far from High Point, Greensboro or Winston Salem. Plus, Kville has a lot too!

I cant wait to go to the zoo!

We drove through the Victory Junction Camp already. What a wonderful place. We didnt get the chance to take the tour so we are going back again. I dont know why...but I feel like I have a calling to go there and help out in some way. I cant explain it, I just get this feeling.

DH & DS want to go to the new NASCAR museum that just opened in W/S.

I havent heard of the Uwharries & High Rock Lake so Im going to look them up and find out about them too. Thanks!

I have joined a Mom and kids playgroup out of W/S. I havent officially met anyone in person yet but I have talked with some. Im hoping to meet some of them at a play date next week.

My son loves his new school too!!

Sharlibird, I would love to meet you in person sometime if you would like to. We dont live far away from each other really at all.

dinsky, We will be heading to Charlotte sometime this summer. Being NASCAR fans, we want to see what we have been missing, lol!! I would love to meet up with you too!!

If you have any other suggestions for places for us to go or things to do, please let me know. We love exploring!

Thanks for thinking of me,
Tami

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus

Old 05-12-2005, 06:52 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Tami,

Glad you are getting settled in. If you like the NC Zoo in Ashboro, you should also go down to the zoo in Columbia, SC, Riverbanks Zoo. It is also a very good zoo.

Let me know when you are coming to Charlotte. I would love to meet up with you. How old are your kids? There is a lot to do here as well.

Well, I had better go answer a few more emails and then I have some PTSA stuff and swim team stuff to do.

Debbie

It is important to follow our dreams as a tribute to those who were forbidden to follow theirs. - Unknown

Old 05-12-2005, 07:19 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I will check out that zoo too. Im a big fan of zoos as well as my kids.

My kids are 71/2--Andy and Alexis will be 2 on May 24--although she thinks she is her brothers age!

Its too humid here today!! Everyone just keeps saying "Oh you aint seen nothin' yet!!". My head feels like its going to blow up. Hopefully the sinus meds will kick in soon.

I will let you know when we are heading your way. Right now we dont have any definate plans, just talking about it. It will probably be after Andy gets out of school--May 27 is his last day. He's just thrilled about that because in Pa., he would've gone until June 9.

My Mom is supposed to come and visit us if I can talk her into flying. I think we might go to MT. Airy ( sp?) --Mayberry. She was a big fan of the Andy Griffith show. Have you ever been there?

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus

Old 05-12-2005, 05:33 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

ajrsmom,

We still get out June 9. It would be great if we got out earlier. I have not visited Mt. Airy, only driven through. It looks like a neat little town. My folks looked there for a house but decided on Stallings. I am thankful for that as it is only 20 minutes from here.

Boy, we are having unbelievable storms tonight. I went to dd's academic banquet and the lights flickered; the thunder and lightning was incredible.

When you are in Winston Salem, check and see if they have memberships Old Town. It is a little pricey to visit once but I think they have memberships to Old Town. It is a neat place.

I grew up outside Washington, DC. and lived in and around Baltimore as an adult. Summers up there were unbelievably hot and humid. I have found that although summer comes sooner to our area, they are much more pleasant.

Hope your evening is quieter than ours.

Debbie

Old 05-12-2005, 07:14 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hi Debbie, We had some of those storms tonight too but not nearly as bad as some areas got hit. I hope that everything is ok in your area tonight.

Im going to ask my DH what he thinks of going to the zoo this weekend if it doesnt rain. Im sure he wont be thrilled about going but maybe I can twist his arm.

Im heading to bed now....my darn headache is back again. Hopefully tomorrow will be a little better.

Have a great weekend!!

Tami

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus

Old 05-12-2005, 07:19 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Debbie, What is Old Town Salem? I've tried to find some info. on it but I cant really find anything.

Thanks!

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus