The Georgia Renaissance Festival - FamilyCorner.com Forums
Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

States See who visits from your state!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 03-31-2002, 02:35 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

The Georgia Renaissance Festival

The Georgia Renaissance will be in Atlanta starting APRIL20 THRU June2,2002 Located just minutes south of Atlanta on I-85 at exit 61-Peachtree City/Fairburn . I love the festival. It is like stepping into another world. If any one is close to Atlanta, it is well worth the trip. the web site is www.georgiarenaissancefestival.com .They used to do it in October, too. They stopped that one and only come in the spring now. I can't wait . You can come dressed in renaissance clothing. ;-)
Old 04-01-2002, 06:18 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

warmest of greetings.....bowing respectfully...I love the Faires....and I do dragon stories for adults and children....Also do the Celtic Heritage Faire.....love to dress in garb and visit schools and community centres and libraries...let us raise a tankard of meade together...Huzza..lololololo.....
Old 04-03-2002, 12:20 PM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

Georgia Renaissance Festival

Oh how I wish I could join you for the festival. I absolutely love ren faires. My son in law introduced us to them a couple of years ago. Last year we went to the one in Wisconsin, not once but twice, then to the one in Michigan, then the one in Ohio, this year we are going to try to include the one in Illinois. I have fms so I can't walk very much but you don't have to walk all that much. You can take a loop around and then just sit and watch the parade pass you by. I love the dress, the sound, the smells, the food, the drink, the entertainers. If I ever win the lottery I'm buying a huge chunk of land and setting up a festival in Indiana and I'm plunking my house right down in the middle of it. LOL
Old 04-03-2002, 06:11 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

blushing HUZZA

oh how wonderful to travel like that....to alle of them....I stay in the Inland Northwest...may I please aske....I hope I do not overstep...but is tha Fibremyglia..(sp)...which is what i have?...I have a hand carved dragon cane I use...when I get down on the rug rats level too often...lololo...but to see the dragons fly in their eyes and imaginations...well a little pain is worth it...to you and yrs m'lady.....blessings.........
Old 04-04-2002, 03:49 AM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

Darkqueene from the Mystical Island

Yes, it is fibromyalgia (sp), I'd have to take a moment to look up the proper spelling so that's why I abreviate (fms). I've had it for years. Most of my life undetected. Dr's just said it was all in my head so I went for counciling (which didn't hurt me any) but Dr's said it wasn't in my head so I went back and kept looking for a Dr that would listen to me. My mother died from lupus and it was explained to me that fms was a weakened version of lupus that wouldn't kill me but some days I might wish it did. lol If you have it, everyday you wake up feeling like you have the aches and pains of the flu without the vomiting. The minute your feet hit the floor they feel bruised. The exhaustion is overwhelming at times. Enough of the whinning Its a disease I can cope with now that I know its not "all in my head" Blessings to you, too, Darkqueene. Dragons are wonderful creatures and I can imagine the childrens delight of your storytelling.
Old 04-04-2002, 05:10 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

GA renaissance festival

yes , there is nothing like the festival. the food is great, the smell in the air is different. the big game is up to 115 million, the next drawing is friday, if i won i would fly you all down here. but we all know the odds of winning,but we can dream. i love opening day ,where they are at the gate singing,dancing and the king and queen greet you and you have to bow and say your greetings. I can smell the food now .
Old 04-09-2002, 01:30 PM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

GA Ren Faire

Less than 2 weeks until the gates open. Oh how I envy you. The first one I will be able to attend is in Bristol Wisconsin and it doesn't open until June 29th. Oh hurry past Spring. LOL I tried to convince my hubby that a trip there would make an excellent 35th wedding anniversary present (ours is April 28th) but he didn't buy it. Anyway, have fun for me, too. I'll be thinking about ya and looking at the Bristol web site and counting down the days. Blessings.
Old 02-11-2014, 02:32 AM
Head Moderator

Do they still offer this festival?