Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

States See who visits from your state!

Old 08-30-2004, 07:59 AM
FamilyCorner Senior Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

State of North Carolina

I cannot possibly believe I am the only one on FC who is from the state of North Carolina! Come on ladies, let's show how proud we are of our state and let the others know what a great state North Carolina is and what terrific things it has to offer!
Old 08-30-2004, 11:23 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

http://www.familycorner.com/forums/f...1000&x=11&y=11
Old 09-03-2004, 01:44 PM
Nine Year Member

Ok, tell us what you have to offer in your neck of the woods and I'll tell what we've got. Since we live at least a day away there should be alot of different things to see and do.
One thing we've got is the beach or several beaches. We have a railway museum, planaterium, a small zoo, small aquarium. Fort Fisher (from before the Civil War) Olde Brunswick Town (from before the Civil War), Orton Planation (famous for their gardens). We have a ScreenGems Studio where you can take a tour.
There's more that I can't think of off the top of my head too. I'll add more to do later.
Your turn...
Old 09-03-2004, 06:22 PM
FamilyCorner Senior Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

WOW!!! You have me beat my a mile!!!!

Lets see we have..Seymour Johnson AFB, which has an open house each year for the public to go and enjoy and air show. When they can get them, the Blue Angels come and do their show.

We have two theaters, nothing so grand as what you have.
We have one mall....pitiful is a nice way to describe.
In the town cemtary we do have alot of old buriel sites from the civil war era. It is sorta cool to go and search around and see just how young some of the men were at that time.

Sherman's march came through Goldsboro during the Civil War.

Our city once spelled its name Goldsborough. We had at one time, the train going through the center of town..I remember that as a little girl. We were able to walk downtown to the Woolworths store, the theater was downtown and where we lived was on a beautiful tree lined street and our house had a big front porch with a swing on it. Unfortunately, the house has been torn down as have the trees, the whole neighborhood is gone. The theater downtown has been restored and they do plays in it now.

We have alot of "little" antique stores cropping up in and around town. How accurate it is to actually call them "antique" stores is debatable.

We have about 60 restaurants in this town!!! I'm not kidding. With all the fast food restaurants and the fancy ones, the downhome ones, the ones you wouldn't go to in broad daylight, and the the really good ole fashioned ones..there are about 60.
So, this town loves to eat!!!

That's really about all I can think of...I know there is more...my brain is not functioning really well now...I ate too much dinner!!!
Old 09-03-2004, 08:14 PM
Nine Year Member

Well really what I listed is not just in my county, actually most of it is in New Hanover County next to us. The plantation and small zoo are ours though. There are a couple of bowling alleys-probably 3 in New Hanover, one in Brunswick County-us. We have two movie theaters now-the new one open last year and it's about a 45 min drive but I like it, not as big as the new one in New Hanover though. There's plenty of places to eat if you don't mind driving. Then we you get to an area of restaurants you have to decide which one to go to, if you don't already have a favorite.
Now for really big stuff to enjoy you have to go to Myrtle Beach. They have Dolly Parten's Dixie Stampede, country music theaters, shops restaurants, golf courses, water parks, mini golf, lottery.

Well, this is my 101 post and it's time to clean up and get to bed. Work tomorrow comes early.
Take care. I'll try to find more to list tomorrow.