Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

St. Valentine's Day Share your festive Valentine's Day recipes here!

Old 01-23-2010, 02:18 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Valentine's Day meal & dessert ideas?

Are you cooking a special dinner for Valentines Day?

Are you making a special dessert?

Would you share you ideas with us?

Thanks!

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 01-23-2010, 03:28 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I don't know what I'm making this year. But in years past, I have made a heart-shaped pizza in a cookie pan. I've also made a giant chocolate chip cookie with the same pan.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:48 PM
Head Moderator

Here is a great Valentine dessert!

Heart Shaped Cherry Dessert

1 18 oz pkg refrigerated sugar cookie dough
1 8 oz pkg cream cheese
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1 16 oz can cherry pie filling
1 8 oz container Cool Whip, thawed

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll the cookie dough to 1/4" thick and form it into a heart shape. Place the heart shape on a cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or till the cookie is lightly brown on the edges. In a large mixing bowl, mix cream cheese with confectioner's sugar. Spread the mixture on cooled cookie dough. Cover with cherry pie filling and whipped cream. Yield: 12 Servings

When I was young we used to go "skinny dipping"; now we just "chunky dunk"

“The value of doing something does not lie in the ease or difficulty, the probability or improbability of its achievement, but in the vision, the plan, the determination and the perseverance, the effort and the struggle which go into the project. Life is enriched by aspiration and effort, rather than by acquisition and accumulation.”

― Helen Nearing, The Good Life
Old 02-10-2010, 05:32 PM
Nine Year Member

Thumbs up

[QUOTE=cat lover;982042]Here is a great Valentine dessert!

Heart Shaped Cherry Dessert

YUMMMY! I love this desert. To change it up, I use strawberries I have put up in the freezer instead of the cherries. Both ways is a win win.

This is a great recipe and making it heart shape is EXTRA special.
Old 01-22-2011, 06:14 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I'm still looking for my valentine's day recipe...
Can't wait to hear what yummy things are posted
Old 01-22-2011, 10:06 AM
Head Moderator

What about Homemade Chocolate Covered Cherries? These are best made a couple weeks ahead of time so they have time to "ripen"!

60 maraschino cherries with stems
3 tbsp butter, softened
3 tbsp light corn syrup
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups sifted powdered sugar

1 1/2 lbs. dipping chocolate OR white chocolate,for coating the candy

Drain the cherries very well. Put on paper towels. Combine butter, corn syrup, and the salt. Stir in the sifted powdered sugar and knead till smooth. If the mixture is too soft you can chill it for awhile. Shape 1 tsp of the sugar mixture around each cherry. Put on a wax paper lined baking sheet and chill. In a small heavy saucepan melt the chocolate and stir constantly. Do not add any liquid. Hold the cherries by the stem and one at a time dip into the chocolate. Spoon chocolate over the cherries to coat. Then put the cherries again on a wax paper lined baking sheet. Chill till the chocolate is hard. Store in a covered container in a cool place. These are better if you let them "ripen" a week or two. Makes 60 chocolate covered cherries.

“The value of doing something does not lie in the ease or difficulty, the probability or improbability of its achievement, but in the vision, the plan, the determination and the perseverance, the effort and the struggle which go into the project. Life is enriched by aspiration and effort, rather than by acquisition and accumulation.”

Old 01-22-2011, 10:38 AM
Head Moderator

Heart Sandwiches

Cut large hearts and small hearts out of white and dark breads. On some of the large hearts again cut a smaller heart out out of it. Put your favorite fillling (egg salad, ham salad, tuna salad, pimiento cheese spread) on one large heart. Then top it with a different large heart that has had a small heart cut out of it and replace the small cutout heart in the large top open heart with a differnt color bread than the top large heart was. Gives you an "inlaid" cutout look with a different color bread.

Last edited by cat lover; 04-11-2011 at 04:40 PM.
Old 01-29-2011, 09:33 AM
6 yr member
FamilyCorner Addict

Valentines Cake
1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
1 (4 ounce) jar maraschino cherries
3/4 cup chopped pecans
1 (16 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed

Drain the cherries reserving juice; chop cherries and reserve.
Prepare cake mix according to box directions, adding water to the reserved cherry juice to equal the amount of liquid needed for cake mix.
Preheat oven to box directions.
Fold the cherries and pecans into the cake mix; stirring by hand. Pour mix into 2 round cake pans and bake in preheated oven.
When cake has completely cooled, frost with whipped topping; serve and keep unused portions in refrigerator.

Charlotte
Old 04-11-2011, 04:47 PM
Head Moderator

Here is a great idea for adults; it can either be a "starter" to the meal or used as a dessert.

1 - 11 oz can mandarin oranges
1 tbsp superfine sugar
2 tsp grated orange zest
1 pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into small chunks, you need about 3 cups...don't use canned pineapple!
3 cups strawberries, quartered
1 cup blueberries
1 - 750 ml. btl. pink champagne, chilled

Drain the oranges and reserve 1/4 cup of the syrup. In a large bowl combine sugar, orange zest, and the reserved syrup. Add oranges, pineapple, strawberries and blueberrries and toss gently. Right before serving divide the fruit mixture among 12 champagne glasses. Pour the champagne over the fruit.
You can coat the glass rims also which makes a nice presentation: Mix 3 tbsp white decorating sugar with 1 tbsp pink decorating sugar and transfer to a plate. Dip the rim of each glass into water shaking off any excess and then dip into the sugar to coat. Makes 12 servings

Old 02-04-2017, 08:16 AM
Head Moderator

bump