Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Holidays & Occasions > Occasions > Gift Giving Ideas > Specialty Gifts

Old 03-04-2005, 11:23 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

ISO Christening gift idea

Any ideas for a nice Christening gift for my god daughter? I was going to get her a nice cross necklace however someone beat me to it.

TX Chef Fran
Old 03-13-2005, 09:35 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Hi Chef Fran,
I bought a charm bracelet for my neices dedication service. I like it because i can add to it for other special occasions. I put a cross on it first, she has a little nativity and a snowflake for her first Christmas( she saw snow for the first time at Christmas. Ans of course she just got a birthday cake for her first birthday. I just keep adding to the bracelet in order. It might not mean much to her now, but in the future she will know how much my husband and I care for her and remember her always. We can even add more links later if it needs to be bigger. There are lots of rgreat websites around that offer silver charms for all ocasions and they dont cost an arm and a leg. Have fun.

Blessings!
SueG
Old 03-13-2005, 10:13 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

how about making yourself the photographer then making a photo album that is very personalized - her name and the date on the cover. when she is older that would be cherished i am sure!

If a man says something and no woman hears it....is he still wrong?

Well, nobody's perfect - Osgood E. Fielding III
SOME LIKE IT HOT (1959)

My FC Member Awards!

Hey, I won!
Old 03-14-2005, 02:02 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

How about giving babys first Bible or nice book of Bible stories for children. Also there are all kinds of Bible story tapes CDs and music, plus toys with bible themes like Noah`s ARK
Old 03-14-2005, 04:30 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

How about a nice sterling silver charm bracelet with a first charm. then you can add charms to it over the years to commemorate other special occasions. Other ideas are silver banks (I got those for each of my sons' christenings) or a nice silver picture frame with a special photo enclosed. A silver or gold locket is also nice or perhaps an "add a pearl" necklace where you can add other pearls for other special occasions.
Old 03-14-2005, 04:38 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Christening ideas

Hi,
We have a Christian web site with a "Baby" section and we have lots of people order these gifts for christenings: the pewter wall crosses, Prayers for Baby Book (and ask those who attend to write a little note to the baby in it), picture frames and wall art, etc. Also popular are the Jesus Loves Me lamb and onesie gift sets. Depends on how permanent a gift you're looking for.
So, again, I'm directing you to my own site, but it might help you with ideas even if you don't order from us. Thanks!

Site removed by moderator; you can not advertise here like that

Last edited by cat lover; 08-12-2016 at 07:15 AM.
Old 03-14-2005, 05:33 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

I got Crosses (wall) as well as the picture of the Angel guarding 2 children walking across a bridge in the wood . That is my all time fave Angel. Good luck in finding just the right gift. God bless
Old 03-14-2005, 06:05 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

charm bracelet.

I think I like the charm bracelet idea. I am also getting her a nice leather bound bible. It won't mean much now but as she grows she will know she had her first bible by the time she was 3 month old.

I have a charm bracelet that I get charms added to so I don't know why I ddin't think of that.

THANKS!!!

TX Chef Fran
Old 03-14-2005, 09:11 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I became my nephew's Godmother last month.
We purchased a beautiful baptism picture frame for his parents to put his baptism picture in and gave $ for his savings.

A tradition in my family is to purchase the Godchild's baptism outfit. Since my SIL already had one for him, we didn't do that..
Old 03-14-2005, 11:46 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

On my mother's side of the family the tradition was to give silver baby cups with the name and date engraved on it. They all kept their cups and in their 80s and 90s still had them on display. My Mom still has hers and is very proud of it.