Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 08-28-2004, 08:08 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by kellydid
What I found that works for me and what I have used for the past 24 years is Clinique.

I tried Clinique...I am allergic to it!! I have yet to find a brand that I CAN use!!

Oil of Olay is the only brand that I know of that I have not tried. I've not tried it because "Oil" in the name makes me scared its gonna backfire on me!!
Old 08-28-2004, 08:48 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

I use Lancome products now...I have a few cleansing stuff left from Mary Kay, but I really like Lancome's product. It is expensive, but it lasts all yr for me. I also get free gifts and I can order online and it is here in 2 days...lol

What type of hair products do you like?

Shampoo, hair spray, gel, mousse, etc.

What about shower soap? what kind?

Janet
Old 08-28-2004, 09:12 PM
FamilyCorner Senior Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Abear, Bless your heart! You sound like me! I used to be able to use Revelon, then I couldn't. Swore by Almay, then it started breaking my skin out. Have you tried the Bobbie Brown line. I have heard it is reallly good. It is EXPENSIVE!!! I have never tried it, myself, due to the cost and unavailability of it here in the city I live in. I would have to travel and hour to be able to get it. It is only sold in HIGH end stores; ie: Macy's, Nordstroms those kind of stores. If, like me, those of toooo pricey!!

I did not have any luck with the Olay product. I tried the facial washcloths just to see if I could find something cheaper to use..BAD MISTAKE!!! I couldn't leave the house for 3 days due to the break out and the oil build up.

Sorry, not alot of help am I?

Nancy
Old 08-28-2004, 09:32 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by kellydid
Have you tried the Bobbie Brown line. I have heard it is reallly good. It is EXPENSIVE!!! I have never tried it, myself, due to the cost and unavailability of it here in the city I live in. I would have to travel and hour to be able to get it. It is only sold in HIGH end stores; ie: Macy's, Nordstroms those kind of stores. If, like me, those of toooo pricey!!
We don't have those stores here. The priciest store we have is Dillards....and I've never seen Bobbie Brown stuff there. That is where I used to get the Clinique stuff from until I built up allergens to it.
Old 08-28-2004, 09:41 PM
FamilyCorner Junkie

That's like my town. We don't even have a Dillards!! The pricest store in the mall is a Profits and a Belks. If I want a Dillards I have to go to Raleigh which is an hour away. Then I might as well go to the new mall they built and really get a treat. The stores, I am told, are really nice there and so is the entire mall. I have yet to go. Tells ya alot about my life, huh?
Old 08-29-2004, 07:45 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Ladies, all of the products can be bought online too, and some of the sites have discounted items.

Do a search under Google for Bobbie Brown, or any kind you are looking for...even for sensitive skin...

Make sure you cleanse your face 2 x a day..morning and night. Even with oily skin, try to find a gentle cleasner..and always cleanse with your fingertips, so you don't rough up your skin.

I use a clay based mask on my face every week..and it really helps.

Another trick...water...at the miniumum 64oz a day. Reach for water instead of anything else...if you get tired of plain water, squeeze some lemon in it, or lime..

Not only is it good for your skin, it is also great for your kidneys!

janet
Old 08-29-2004, 08:54 AM
FamilyCorner Junkie

I had always heard that about the water, too, Janet. I just never really realized it until recently when I started to try to get at least 64 oz of water in me instead of reaching for that glass of iced tea like I normally would do. I have only been doing this for about a week, but I can tell a small difference. Very small, but still a difference. Being a smoker, I know the water will have double benefits for me. I know I need to quit that nasty little habit, also, but I also know, that until I am ready to do it, I shouldn't even try. Even all my doctors agree with that.

Your also right, about the way to wash your face and the times to wash your face. That was the one thing I really took away from modeling school. Clean your face before you go to bed! Always!
(Boy if that teacher could only see me now!! ) Waddle, waddle!

Thanks for the info on the net, though, I didn't know that. Really appreciate it.
Old 08-29-2004, 02:11 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

nancy

thanks nancy for the great info, ill try it! tonia
Old 08-29-2004, 04:29 PM
FamilyCorner Junkie

emma 1 aka Tonia

Your most welcome...I just added to what Janet had said. I do one other thing also. If I have cooked and I have fried anything for dinner, I will wash my face after I have cleaned up the kitchen. You would be amazed at the "gunk" you can accumulate just from frying food!