Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 08-06-2002, 12:30 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Stretchmarks

Does anyone know of any kind of remedies for stretchmarks? I've heard that cocoa butter may work in fading them, but I've tried and haven't really seen a difference. I know there are expensive treatments on the market that claim to work, but has anyone else tried these?
Old 08-11-2002, 09:22 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

My stetchmarks are amazing. They've elicited gasps from friends! My previously unmarked body is now covered in bright red stretchmarks. Since dd was worth it, I just accept them. Anyway, I lotioned on cocoa butter during pregnancy to no avail. I've used it afterwards, along with vitamin E oil and Mederma. I think there's nothing we can really do. It's determined by your skin and what it's genetically programmed to do.

But if any of those expensive creams work, I might give them a shot! Anyone tried 'em?
Old 08-11-2002, 09:32 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Stretch Marks

I really just checked to make sure I still had stretch marks! They do tend to be less noticeable when you lose weight or get back into shape. Mine have pretty much faded away. I didn't do anything special, but I notice when I am heavier they do seem to show more. I read that Pamela Anderson used Shea Butter. I bought some at Walmart's - 7 ounces - for about $1.50. It has a pleasant smell to it, too. I need it for my dry heels and elbows. I guess I could try it on the stretch marks - but you know they're kind of badges of honor. I am not really embarrassed about them - but I am not too young either. They'll fade.
Old 08-11-2002, 09:47 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

When I was pregnant I always applied cocoa butter and I still had bright red stretch marks...they do fade as time goes by...I hated the ones on my breasts, the worse. Now that I am almost 50 it no longer matters...my breasts are racing for my waistline!!!
lol Growing old is a BLAST!!!:p

janet
Old 08-11-2002, 01:43 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hi Jennz

Please don't waste your money on those "cure-all" products that you see on TV and in magazines . I know how you feel about the stretch marks--I could wear a bikini in my BK (before kids) days, now I wouldn't be seen dead in a one piece!! As much as they bother you-there really isn't anything to do but wait. Stretch marks are scars from where the skin is over stretched by pregnacy, weight gain, etc. If you look at weight lifters-you can often see marks on their arms and such from where their muscles got "too big for their skin".

Time is the ONLY thing that will help fade them. After a while (sometimes a long while ) they will become almost flesh colored again and will be less noticable.

Like the other ladies said--was what you received (ie-your baby) worth what you gave up (ie-perfect skin)?? I bet it was!!!
;-)

Best of luck to you...............
Old 08-11-2002, 02:43 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Yup, there are no cures for stetch marks No matter what you hear, they are not preventable during pregnancy. It is all genetics. No amount of cocoa butter, vitamin e or any other cream will do any good. I have a stomach that is scary - not only do I have have massive stretch marks but I have excess skin - it looks like a shar pei dog... My 3 kids messed me up! I may weigh 97 lbs but I still wouldn't be caught dead in a bathing suit........lol

If a man says something and no woman hears it....is he still wrong?

Well, nobody's perfect - Osgood E. Fielding III
SOME LIKE IT HOT (1959)

My FC Member Awards!
<hr height=3 color=green width=95%>

Hey, I won!
Old 08-11-2002, 03:29 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

blushing Growing Girl

My poor dd is only 12 and has grown very quickly these last couple of years. The poor thing has stretch marks on her hips and breasts. She is 5'5" tall and weighs about 160, so she's a big girl, but not huge.

I don't mind my stretch marks from pregnancy, but she has them and is only 12.

So, if anyone really does have any ideas on how to get rid of them for her, I'd love to hear!

Bev
http://www.now.at/noni
Old 08-11-2002, 06:51 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

stretch mark remedys

Please let me know when you find a remedy. Thank you. My name is JENNIFER NOLEN/EMAIL: [email protected]
Old 08-11-2002, 07:11 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hi Bev...

Like I said before--there is no cure for those nasty SM's (stretch marks)--time will make them fade but nothing makes them go away.

I just wanted to write and say that I can ssoo relate to your daughter. I went from 0 to B cup overnight it seemed. I was braless at the end of 4th grade and DEFINATELY bra-ed by the start of 5th grade. To this day I won't show any cleavage because of it.

Just make sure she has a strong sense of who she is INSIDE and the OUTSIDE becomes less important. A beautiful OUTSIDE can change so fast for what ever reason but a beautiful INSIDE lasts a life time.

Give her my love -from one who's been there!
Old 08-12-2002, 04:38 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Thanks!

You are so sweet! She can be terribly shy, but I am constantly trying to help her with her self esteem. She has many friends who are as big as she is, which is amazing! The kids these days are growing so much quicker!

Right now she is in the "boys are gross" stage, and I'm perfecty happy with that! Many of her friends are totally boy crazy!

She is a pretty girl and we just got her contacts which has helped her self esteem a lot. But, she's very much like her mother! If you pay her a compliment, she has a hard time believing it!

Bev
http://www.now.at/noni