Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Site Feedback & Support Please use this area to report technical issues/problems you may be experiencing. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here as well.

Old 12-18-2014, 05:30 AM
Nine Year Member

update the headers? still showing summery stuff

I know summer is coming, but do you think we could update the home page header banners? sort of silly to have the same ones for months on end. shows the forum not as active? I think we are worth it! do you need ideas?

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 12-18-2014, 09:28 PM
Head Moderator

I totally agree with you Ellen, but FC is way down on the list as far as the owners of the site goes I guess. As a head moderator I only have limited access to do things here. I am at a loss on how to get things we see back into the way it used to be here on FC especially in a timely matter. All we can do is to post things here and hope someone at IB that owns FC will take notice and do something about it. It surely does make anyone looking around wonder why this place is so far behind and makes it look like no one has an interest in the site because it isn't kept up to date! Just adds to the falling apart, which is so sad.

When I was young we used to go "skinny dipping"; now we just "chunky dunk"

“The value of doing something does not lie in the ease or difficulty, the probability or improbability of its achievement, but in the vision, the plan, the determination and the perseverance, the effort and the struggle which go into the project. Life is enriched by aspiration and effort, rather than by acquisition and accumulation.”

― Helen Nearing, The Good Life
Old 12-19-2014, 04:25 AM
Nine Year Member

is there anything we can do to change this around? is blogging so outdated that we are going under for lack of more immediate media communication like twitter or is it something else? it was so much better on here when amanda ran it a few years back

Old 12-19-2014, 06:03 AM
Head Moderator

Yes we have lost most of the activity due to facebook and other social media. When Amanda owned FC she took time to be here daily. Now that we are owned by a company that owns lots of other forums and I don't know what else if anything; we are a very small part so we get lost. That is why things are not tended to quick and so many things are not updated like they were before.
Even though I am a head moderator I have very limited access and cannot change a lot that needs attention. I see it also, but have no authority to do anything about it. I'm not a computer whiz, but I do what I can which isn't much, sorry.
The lack of updates and problems members have has led to lots more members just staying away because they get tired of the problems and the lack of them being taken care of in a timely matter. I totally understand that as I've had problems to and all any of us can do is post them here for someone from IB to address. Amanda would get onto it in a timely matter, but that just doesn't happen any longer and people just hang it up and don't come back.
The newsletter was our way of trying to stay connected with members, but that also has been stopped. Sharon and I both tried to keep it going, but at one point we were told it had to stop until further notice. We couldn't get any answer for a long time on when we could start it back up and when we finally were given the okay we thought; it still was not allowed to go out. So even the newsletter has stopped. It was a lengthy thing to put together and we both tried our best, but no one else would step up to assist with gathering the information for it which made it very time consuming each week. But that doesn't matter at this point because we couldn't get IB to let us send it back out again anyway.
The lack of activity on FC has led to a lot of these problems just because I suppose IB doesn't want to put attention into something that very few people even visit. So the entire FC may disappear without any notice. That happened to our sister forum MomsMenu several years ago. I went in to do my moderator work and it was locked up and closed with no word; I think it is just a matter of time for FC to follow.

“The value of doing something does not lie in the ease or difficulty, the probability or improbability of its achievement, but in the vision, the plan, the determination and the perseverance, the effort and the struggle which go into the project. Life is enriched by aspiration and effort, rather than by acquisition and accumulation.”

Last edited by cat lover; 12-19-2014 at 09:21 PM.
Old 12-19-2014, 07:13 AM
Nine Year Member

then I am very glad you have started the FB page and I will try to find it and use it more...could you start a thread then that links to and works with FB and could we own it and not IB whoever that is...

btw I miss MomsMenu VERY MUCH!

Old 12-19-2014, 08:19 AM
Head Moderator

I didn't start the FB page, I believe Amanda did that before she sold FC to IB.

I really can't link FC to FB I don't think; let me check with someone else about that and if it would be okay to do so. There is the FB Front Porch which has members from FC on it. The actual FC page we really can't post on it so to say; it just goes over to the side and doesn't flow like regular FB. I've been told it has nothing to do with IB so another place I can't do anything with.

Yes I miss MM a lot too! I was a moderator over there when it first started; helped get lots of recipes on that. Like I saidI went in one day and it was closed, no word to me at all and I think I was the only moderator on there! At least I know I was at first, lol. It seems what was later mentioned is that because of all the spam it closed, but I have seen other things since that I think had something to do with it.

Old 12-19-2014, 03:12 PM

I will see if I can help with this
Old 12-19-2014, 03:15 PM
Head Moderator

That would be great! It is one of the ongoing problems we have had ; things are not updated in a timely manner and people see that and lose interest in even coming to FC because they don't see anything new and it makes it look like the site just isn't even cared for. Fantastic if you can get something done with it! Thanks!

Old 12-19-2014, 06:14 PM
Nine Year Member

Thanks IB. I noticed a new spot on the spoons so will go check it out now...