Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Site Feedback & Support Please use this area to report technical issues/problems you may be experiencing. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here as well.

Old 08-27-2014, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaInOhio View Post
Strange on the newsletter after all these years.. I agree sadly if you are a Canadian subscriber it just won't get sent and there should be a way to ID a Canadian member from a USA member but also post the newsletters on here with the links just as it is when you see it.. that way if someone in Canada wants to read it they can go on here and read it.

Anna
Anna, I am right here. I haven't gone anywhere.
Cat lover is a head mod and has just as much authority as I do.
Poor communication between the mods works both ways.

Anna, it isn't a matter of Canadians simply not receiving the newsletter and every other country does. They need to be sent an email asking if they wish to opt in. IB is a huge company with millions of members all over the world. There are many, very many different forums and web sites in the company.
Until they are sure they have everything sorted out and taken care, we cannot send out the newsletter.

The fact that it cannot be sent out was posted.
The newsletter goes out to over 3000 members. I do wish we could have sent out a notice to all of them that it could not be sent out and why. And that it would be sent again as soon as we get the okay to do so.

Many of us would be lost without FC. I too have made wonderful friendships here.

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
Old 08-28-2014, 07:39 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I may not come into FC as much as I used to but FC has bought slot of friend into my life and thankful we have facebook to remain friends. When I'm on my kindle I do not have problems except for typing. When I'm on my computer I get so many ads that it not worth it those days.
Someone mention about doing links to FC from the front porch and that's ok but I know at one time we were trying not to do as much for some many would read affront porch and not coming here. Without traffic here it could go downhill which could hurt it. I've seen and heard of forums shutting down due to not brought traffic.

Someone mentioned a thread with links where we could find the thread might be an idea. Let's not forget we can get notifications to a thread we like or has that been changed? I know which threads I like and what it is under. I know there are other ways to find certain these s well.
I hope FC doesn't close down as I would miss it.
Old 08-29-2014, 01:37 AM
Head Moderator

You can still get the notifications to threads you like just like you used to, usually if you just reply within a thread you are subscribed to it, so it shouldn't be a problem getting back to it. The biggest problem getting back to those threads is that if no one post in it there will be nothing to send you a notification about. So basically with less and less post being put on FC the fewer notifications you will receive.

I always go to "Quick Links" at the top and then click on "New post without games" and that takes me to all the recent post on FC, but then again the same thing; if no one is posting you don't have any to come up. So basically without the activity on FC you aren't going to get much notification unless you scoot around on the threads randomly yourself.

When I was young we used to go "skinny dipping"; now we just "chunky dunk"

“The value of doing something does not lie in the ease or difficulty, the probability or improbability of its achievement, but in the vision, the plan, the determination and the perseverance, the effort and the struggle which go into the project. Life is enriched by aspiration and effort, rather than by acquisition and accumulation.”

― Helen Nearing, The Good Life
Old 08-29-2014, 05:40 PM
Nine Year Member

I've been missing the newsletters also. Was nice to see who won awards and being able to post when someone was looking for help or ideas for things. So sad that I missed reading about the newsletter not being able to be sent out. Anyway that it could be put on a Forum page?

Vicky
Old 08-29-2014, 06:21 PM
Head Moderator

The newsletter can't go on a forum page. Somewhere that has been addressed because someone else asked the same thing; I just don't remember where that was, sorry.

“The value of doing something does not lie in the ease or difficulty, the probability or improbability of its achievement, but in the vision, the plan, the determination and the perseverance, the effort and the struggle which go into the project. Life is enriched by aspiration and effort, rather than by acquisition and accumulation.”

Old 08-29-2014, 07:27 PM

Since members missed the post about the newsletter, I have posted it again in Announcements. http://www.familycorner.com/forums/a...ml#post1154758

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
Old 08-30-2014, 03:34 PM
Head Moderator

Thanks Sharon!

Old 09-06-2014, 07:46 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

It makes me so sad now, coming onto FC and seeing it so empty here. There are a few threads still active but just a few. Boy, how I miss the old days!!!! In the past few months all I have really done is play the games on here but I go to the game page now and very little going on there either.
Newsletter delivered or not....it's so sad to me to see FC so empty.

hugs, train
Old 09-07-2014, 05:56 AM
Nine Year Member

Donna I could not agree with you more. I would love to see this place "hopping" again!

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 09-07-2014, 10:15 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Donna, I agree too! I try to post as often as I can but with my new job I don't have as much time as I used to. Wish we could all think of a way to liven things up on here again because FC is an awesome place to be!

~Mother Theresa