Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Site Feedback & Support Please use this area to report technical issues/problems you may be experiencing. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here as well.

Old 08-26-2014, 10:07 AM

Strange on the newsletter after all these years.. I agree sadly if you are a Canadian subscriber it just won't get sent and there should be a way to ID a Canadian member from a USA member but also post the newsletters on here with the links just as it is when you see it.. that way if someone in Canada wants to read it they can go on here and read it.

Anna
Old 08-26-2014, 11:48 AM
Administrator
FamilyCorner Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom View Post
Excuse my ignorance but, what is the reason why the Newsletter has to go through Canada?
It doesn't; Canada recently passed a SPAM email law, making it a crime to send emails to Canadians that they specifically do not opt INTO. So in order to avoid fines, we have to stop sending out non-crucial emails to everyone until we can be sure we are identifying Canadians and giving them the opportunity to opt in.
Old 08-26-2014, 02:25 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

What I REALLY miss is the way Family Corner was in it's heydey!!!!! Thanks for the memories!!!

hugs, train
Old 08-26-2014, 05:04 PM
Head Moderator

I know Trainlady, you could get on FC any time of the day and ask a question and there was always someone to answer almost right back! So many have left here for various reasons and things just keep happening to make more drop out. The newsletter was one of the things that kept reminding people to drop in. One of our Canadians said they were supposed to be notified by July to find out if they still wanted things to be sent to them, looks like FC missed that deadline. So I'm not sure what IB will have to do to get the problem fixed. In the meantime we are shrinking down fast!

Several have tried to get activity picked up for quite a long time, but nothing ever seemed to work. It is really hard to find new and interesting things to make people active when only a few are posting. Our sister site in the past MomsMenu closed down it was said due to spam postings, but it just closed one day without a word to anyone. So don't be surprised if FC disappears without any warning, it has happened to others.

Debbie (cat lover)

When I was young we used to go "skinny dipping"; now we just "chunky dunk"

“The value of doing something does not lie in the ease or difficulty, the probability or improbability of its achievement, but in the vision, the plan, the determination and the perseverance, the effort and the struggle which go into the project. Life is enriched by aspiration and effort, rather than by acquisition and accumulation.”

― Helen Nearing, The Good Life
Old 08-26-2014, 06:01 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I sure hope FC does not disappear!!! This is a great place to share ideas, recipes, get support, share life events and I have made some amazing friends here. I love the Christmas card exchange and testing recipes. I hope the newsletter can resume and C up and running!!!!

~Mother Theresa

Old 08-26-2014, 06:04 PM

Debbie

I wouldn't be surprised either.. FC is so small now compared to back when I joined in 2002. FB was not even heard of and now it's almost a dinosaur with twitter and all the other newer social media's it's hard to keep up with all the techy jazz and I have no desire to.

I have given my email addy to several folks so that we can keep in touch if FC does go away.. remember last year when it closed down for several days and no one knew what happened?

I love each and every one of you and have learned and shared so much of my life here over the years I'd hate to see it all go away.

Anna
Old 08-26-2014, 08:07 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

IF that were to EVER happen, PLEASE give us a little forewarning so that I can print some of the threads on Family Corner I would like to keep.
Over the past 14 years I have started hundreds and hundreds (literally) of new topic threads!
Some of them are really fun to go back and reread!
New York dreams and childhood memories are two examples!
Rereading those are like reading diaries for me! Prayer talks with Barbar. Memorials to members who have gone on to heaven.
.... Even some funny threads like what we carry in our purses and shopping for bras!!!!!!!!!
I would like the time to be able to print all those things and more if the management would ever decided to shut down FC.

Thank you,
Donna Martin
trainlady
Member since July 2002.
Old 08-27-2014, 01:49 AM
Nine Year Member

I sure t hat does not happen. I have made so many friends here and we had such a great time. With sharing recipes, Secret Sisters, card swaps and just conversations in general.

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 08-27-2014, 03:10 AM

Donna

I hope that you meant that to the IT folks here as I seem to be out of the loop even being a moderator on what is happening with FC.

Anna
Old 08-27-2014, 04:37 AM
Head Moderator

Donna I have no idea of what will happen or when, it is out of our hands. If there is something you really want I would copy it now.

Anything Sharon or I get we share on FC unless we are told not to. So it is all out there for anyone to see if they visit the threads often.

When I was young we used to go "skinny dipping"; now we just "chunky dunk"

“The value of doing something does not lie in the ease or difficulty, the probability or improbability of its achievement, but in the vision, the plan, the determination and the perseverance, the effort and the struggle which go into the project. Life is enriched by aspiration and effort, rather than by acquisition and accumulation.”

― Helen Nearing, The Good Life