Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Site Feedback & Support Please use this area to report technical issues/problems you may be experiencing. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here as well.

Old 07-13-2013, 03:19 PM

Cannot add birthday to profile

LaurieS wanted to add her birthday to her profile info and was unable to do so.

There no longer is a way for the members to do this.

I was able to add it by going into admin. But they used to be able to do this themselves. We wonder if it was accidentally deleted or if that feature is no longer in the program.

Thanks for your help.

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
Old 07-15-2013, 02:05 PM
Former admin -- do not contact with site issues
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi!

I'll check this one out as well and will let you know as soon as I find out. Thank you!
Old 07-15-2013, 02:15 PM

Thank you.

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
Old 07-16-2013, 12:37 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi Sharon,

you said members were able to add their own birthdays before. Tech wants to know if you can provide the walk-thru of where members went to add/edit their birthdays?

Thank you!
Old 07-17-2013, 10:18 AM

Hi Esther,

I was going by what the ladies involved were telling me. I really can't remember if they could enter their birthdays by going into user cp. I asked Amanda about it and she said she couldn't remember them being able to do that. Please apologize to the techs for us and tell them we think the ladies involved were wrong. Amanda had originally said to post it on the tech thread because she too was going by what the ladies involved were saying.

Thomas Jefferson
Old 07-17-2013, 11:11 AM

User CP

That is where you go to enter all your information statistics, correct? We are not wrong. My birthday shows up every year as does everyone else from the old days and you could add or delete it, LaurieS has done this several times over the years.

FC has been reformatted I'm sure many times since Amanda sold it and it's easy enough to delete a field that tech support didn't think was being used or perhaps felt it was not secure for people to be putting on for public view? I don't know.. I've seen this field in many different sites including FB.

Post Note:

O.k. now this is weird: I just went in to User CP, edit your details and it has the field back in there for your birthday. I won't be on again till late this evening but hope it helps. Sharon .. if you can access my CP feel free to look at this.

Anna

Last edited by AnnaInOhio; 07-17-2013 at 11:17 AM.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:58 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi Sharon and Anna,

Last night Tech had changed it so that members can now edit their birthdates.

Quick Links > Edit Your Details
http://www.familycorner.com/forums/profile.php?do=editprofile

On that page you can also control the degree to which your birthday information is displayed:
  • Hide age and date of birth
  • Hide only age
  • Display only day and month of birth
  • Display age and full date of birth
I got the notification now... so it seems like Anna got to see it before I was able to post something about it!

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Esther
Old 07-17-2013, 02:29 PM

My apologies if I sounded rude Anna. And for thinking you were wrong. When a member registers they can put their birthday in and it will show up in the calendar and the birthday announcements if they want it to.

According to Esther's post the problem has been taken care and members can now change their birthday info if they want to.

A big thank you to Ester and the techs for taking care of this.

Thomas Jefferson
Old 07-17-2013, 02:35 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

No problem =)

Thank you ladies.

-Esther
Old 07-17-2013, 06:49 PM

Esther and Sharon

Thank you.. I'm glad we were able to pinpoint the problem and get it fixed.

Anna