Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Site Feedback & Support Please use this area to report technical issues/problems you may be experiencing. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here as well.

Old 03-07-2013, 01:26 AM
Head Moderator

member having serious issues with FC!

Member ready to quit over issues staying online with Family Corner. Can someone help?!

www.familycorner.com/forums/idle-chit-chat/30666-i-quit.html#post1104884

When I was young we used to go "skinny dipping"; now we just "chunky dunk"

“The value of doing something does not lie in the ease or difficulty, the probability or improbability of its achievement, but in the vision, the plan, the determination and the perseverance, the effort and the struggle which go into the project. Life is enriched by aspiration and effort, rather than by acquisition and accumulation.”

― Helen Nearing, The Good Life
Old 03-07-2013, 01:30 AM
Five Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Thumbs down

Thank you as i was kicked again so i am off and on trying to do the best i can.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:38 AM
Head Moderator

It will probably be later before the higher ups get here; I'm just up because I can't sleep! I don't have any idea nor ability to be be able to do anything or give you any answer on what is happening so hang in there and give them a chance to get online and see what is going on.

When I was young we used to go "skinny dipping"; now we just "chunky dunk"

“The value of doing something does not lie in the ease or difficulty, the probability or improbability of its achievement, but in the vision, the plan, the determination and the perseverance, the effort and the struggle which go into the project. Life is enriched by aspiration and effort, rather than by acquisition and accumulation.”

― Helen Nearing, The Good Life
Old 03-07-2013, 05:36 AM

meadow

I am not one of the "higher ups in tech support" but I can say from experience.. if you are idling on FC, meaning you are reading alot of post or up doing dishes and then sitting down to continue reading or posting, it will kick you off here. It only allows you to be on for a certain amount of time and then it kicks you out, you loose any post that you were working on, it may even look like you are still signed in till you hit the reply button. I always "copy" whatever it is I'm posting just in case it does kick me off. It isn't something personal, just the way they have it set up on here, not sure why but I'd guess this is what the problem is.

Anna
Old 03-07-2013, 05:59 AM

I haven't had any problems staying in FC or getting kicked. I didn't know they only allowed you on for a certain amount of time. When did they start that?
Old 03-07-2013, 06:24 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Meadow, do you have dial up? That could be the reason that you are getting booted off. Most times you are only allowed to stay connected for a certain amount of time. Just an observation that I've made when we have had clients still using dial up.

I have had no problems and there are times I walk away and forget I was posting. hehe
Old 03-07-2013, 06:31 AM

Mamma482, I didn't think about her having dial up internet. That could be part of the problem. When I had dial up, if there was any interference in the phone line, it would boot me offline.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:54 AM
Five Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Exclamation

no i do not have dial up i have my fast speed internet and i do not have issues with any other site just this one.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:36 AM

Type of info needed to help solve problems.

In the title type your specific issue (i.e. Can't attach photos, smiley's aren't displaying, can't send private messages, etc). Please do NOT type things such as "I need help" or "site isn't working". Specific topics please!

3) In the message body, please be as specific as possible about your issue. Please state where you were on the forum when you experienced it (a url is great!), what you experienced and what you clicked to get there, and any error message that was displayed or the resulting problem you experienced.

Also it could help to say what browser you are using.

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
Old 03-07-2013, 08:37 AM
Retired admin. Please direct issues to IBobi.
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi meadow,
We apologize for this issue. Our tech team will look into it. It is sometimes hard to recreate these issues since they don't happen for everybody. What browser and version are you using? Are you working on a computer? tablet? mobile? Have you tried clearing you cache? Any extra information that you could give us will help us recreate the problem. We need to do this in order to fix it. Thank you!