Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Site Feedback & Support Please use this area to report technical issues/problems you may be experiencing. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here as well.

Old 03-06-2013, 11:06 PM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I understand trying to keep traffic down on the site so the servers aren't slowed but, is it just me or does the site kick you off rather quickly after "inactivity"?

There are some long comments on some threads, and by the time I finish reading them or writing down a recipe I get kicked off. It's rather irritating. lol.

I'm a huge multitask-er and after getting kicked off, it's rather difficult when I have multiple tabs open to various threads on the site for them to register that I logged back in. I can't just refresh the page, I have to exit out. It's silly and counter productive for folks who are reading through multiple pages on this site.

This becomes the hugest annoyance when I'm replying to a thread and by the time I click "post reply", my log in has timed out and I lose my entire post.. :P

Just some thoughts!
Old 03-07-2013, 12:02 AM
Head Moderator

Let me see if I can find out anything about this, I've never had the problem like that. I can't get in sometimes and get knocked off sometimes, but I don't believe it is set up on any kind of timer; I think it is just something else that either knocks you off or like me won't let you in at times.

When I was young we used to go "skinny dipping"; now we just "chunky dunk"

“The value of doing something does not lie in the ease or difficulty, the probability or improbability of its achievement, but in the vision, the plan, the determination and the perseverance, the effort and the struggle which go into the project. Life is enriched by aspiration and effort, rather than by acquisition and accumulation.”

― Helen Nearing, The Good Life

Last edited by cat lover; 03-08-2013 at 05:43 AM.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:48 AM
Five Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Thumbs down

did it again but,this time kept coming up sytem error and i had to wait awhile before getting back on what is going on?
Old 03-07-2013, 01:22 AM
Head Moderator

I have no idea, but I put in a request for the administrator to take a look and see if they know. It happens to me all the time; I usually just have to try again later in the day when it won't let me in for some unknown reason. Hopefully when they come on they will be able to answer something about it. They should answer on this thread to you so keep a watch if you can get on. I'll try to keep an eye on it too.

“The value of doing something does not lie in the ease or difficulty, the probability or improbability of its achievement, but in the vision, the plan, the determination and the perseverance, the effort and the struggle which go into the project. Life is enriched by aspiration and effort, rather than by acquisition and accumulation.”

Old 03-07-2013, 08:26 AM

I have never had that problem. What browser are you using? Do you lose your internet connection when this happens? Or are you able to immediately connect to a different site?
I'm not a tech but just asking questions that may help figure out the solution.

Type of info needed:
In the title type your specific issue (i.e. Can't attach photos, smilies aren't displaying, can't send private messages, etc). Please do NOT type things such as "I need help" or "site isn't working". Specific topics please!

In the message body, please be as specific as possible about your issue. Please state where you were on the forum when you experienced it (a url is great!), what you experienced and what you clicked to get there, and any error message that was displayed or the resulting problem you experienced.

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
Old 03-07-2013, 06:48 PM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I use Firefox, and my Internet does not cut out. If I just sit idle reading a thread it auto logs me off :P As far as where I was on the forum, well I don't think that's the issue. It will do it regardless of where I'm at. Most sites have that feature, it's a normal thing to cut down on server traffic. I was just pointing out that this sites seems like a short duration.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:04 AM

Sharon

I have had this problem for years on here.. we've complained repeatedly but nothing has been fixed as of yet. Xairie describes it better than I have ever been able to in her title "Log In Timer". I use Google Chrome. It doesn't kick you off the site, just logs you out and you don't even know it till you go to finish a post and it comes up that you aren't logged in. I have seen many many complaints on here about this, seems to be getting worse this year or just more people speaking out?

We are a chatty bunch on here and we need a longer "log in timer" is probably the best description. I multitask too or the phone rings, I get distracted, come back and try to finish posting and I've been logged out. I usually copy my post and then go to the main Family Corner Forum and resign in, go back to the thread I was on and finish my post after copying it. If you are new here you wouldn't know to do this.

Anna
Old 03-08-2013, 07:33 AM

I use google chrome and I can start out typing out a reply, go out in the kitchen come back 15 min later and finish my post. I don't get logged out or kicked off.

Let us hope that out techs can get all the problems fixed. We sure don't want to lose more members due to site problems. I think that is the reason we have lost so many.

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
Old 03-08-2013, 10:17 AM
Head Moderator

I never get "timed out". I usually just downsize my FC screen and go to something else and come back to it off and on several times when I have the time to sit that long! lol My main problem has always been not being able to open it at all. I usually wait and come back and I can later; it happens off and on, but never had the "timed off" problem either. I'm known here at home for having lots of windows open at the same time! lol

Old 03-08-2013, 11:34 AM
Retired admin. Please direct issues to IBobi.
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hey everyone, I am updating our tech team with all of the information that you are providing. Thank you! Hopefully this will be solved soon.