Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Site Feedback & Support Please use this area to report technical issues/problems you may be experiencing. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here as well.

Old 03-08-2013, 11:42 AM
Retired admin. Please direct issues to IBobi.
FamilyCorner Newbie

For those who have received an error message, could you copy and paste it here?
Old 03-08-2013, 03:01 PM
Head Moderator

Thanks IB cash! Hope the info helps although none of it is probably the "tech" stuff you really need. Sometimes it is really hard to get that...like my not being able to log on at all sometimes! lol

When I was young we used to go "skinny dipping"; now we just "chunky dunk"

“The value of doing something does not lie in the ease or difficulty, the probability or improbability of its achievement, but in the vision, the plan, the determination and the perseverance, the effort and the struggle which go into the project. Life is enriched by aspiration and effort, rather than by acquisition and accumulation.”

― Helen Nearing, The Good Life
Old 03-08-2013, 04:19 PM

All I can tell you about the error screen is it's blue and says "you are not authorized to access this page, please log in" something like that? I don't know how you would copy that? It would seem that FC would block pasting it.

Anna
Old 03-08-2013, 05:00 PM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaInOhio View Post
Sharon

I have had this problem for years on here.. we've complained repeatedly but nothing has been fixed as of yet. Xairie describes it better than I have ever been able to in her title "Log In Timer". I use Google Chrome. It doesn't kick you off the site, just logs you out and you don't even know it till you go to finish a post and it comes up that you aren't logged in. I have seen many many complaints on here about this, seems to be getting worse this year or just more people speaking out?

We are a chatty bunch on here and we need a longer "log in timer" is probably the best description. I multitask too or the phone rings, I get distracted, come back and try to finish posting and I've been logged out. I usually copy my post and then go to the main Family Corner Forum and resign in, go back to the thread I was on and finish my post after copying it. If you are new here you wouldn't know to do this.

Anna
Yes yes exactly! I usually end up having to run an application such as notepad or word so I can frequently copy and paste my posts there so they don't get lost. Maybe this isn't an issue for some folks, since it depends on the site or a special page refresh in your browser, which is why it was simply a suggestion from me. :D

For example, it's not necessarily what browser you're running versus what settings have you edited. It all mostly revolves around the site though.

I have auto refresh turned off, I do not allow a site to re-direct me to a page unless I state otherwise, I do not allow for passwords to be saved within the browser/computer without an external or third party application requiring a master password first, I clear my cache and cookies after I end any session, and my privacy settings do not allow sites to know my location or allow for any communication other than the bare minimum. That just barely scrapes the minimum of privacy management I've learned over the years. As a network security major I enjoy editing all sorts of security settings. However, it shouldn't matter what browser you run. If the site is set to log you out after being idle for say 20 minutes, then it's going to log you out regardless. Maybe those of you not having this problem have some auto log in feature enabled, so when you get "kicked off" you get auto logged back in at next refresh, but for obvious reasons I don't allow this. It's really not an issue, it's just bothersome. Like I said, I was just trying to add my feedback somewhere.

Super cool to see everyone's thoughts on the matter.

I apologize if I wasn't clear or straight forward enough about my suggestion topic. I thought "log-in timer" and my initial post would suffice. However, now that I go back and re-read, in my attempt to try not to get too technical it seems I could have added more detail about my thoughts.

I was simply trying to say...

The session timeout on this site seems like it could stand to be extended. It's not an issue, just sort of like website design 101. Like I said previously though, I'm sure it cuts down on website traffic so I'm not complaining. Just providing feedback. Maybe I'll stick to the food threads. LOL. jk jk

Last edited by Xaerie; 03-08-2013 at 05:19 PM.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:36 PM
Nine Year Member

I can't get in on the regular log in screen. All day today. To get in this time I clicked on the link that says, IF YOur Browser does not automatically redirect you. If I didn't, it would bring me to the usual page with nine tabs across the top and then within a second revert back to the sign in screen.

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 03-15-2013, 09:45 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellenmelon View Post
I can't get in on the regular log in screen. All day today. To get in this time I clicked on the link that says, IF YOur Browser does not automatically redirect you. If I didn't, it would bring me to the usual page with nine tabs across the top and then within a second revert back to the sign in screen.
Have you tried clearing your cache? That might solve this problem. In any case, I've made tech aware of this. Thank you
Old 03-21-2013, 12:02 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

The log-out time has been extended. This shouldn't be an issue anymore. Please let us know if it still is. Thank you!
Old 03-22-2013, 03:44 PM

IBCash

Thank you.. I did notice that this morning while I was trying to post a photo, I kept thinking I was going to get timed out but it didn't happen. Thanks and I'll let my forum folks know

Seleach

You might want to add that to the newest newsletter too, that the glitch has been fixed.

Anna
Old 03-25-2013, 12:31 AM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Awesome!!! Thank you this is wonderful! *cheers*