Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Site Feedback & Support Please use this area to report technical issues/problems you may be experiencing. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here as well.

Old 01-29-2013, 06:04 AM

Post Photo posting problems - images are huge

AnnainOhio said "I have tried posting photos and they come out super huge. Other members on my forums are having the same problems. I resize them before I submit (my own) and FC will take the photo with the smaller size but then blows it up so huge that you can not read any post on that page without sliding the bar back and forth to read each post."

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
Old 01-29-2013, 09:25 AM
Administrator
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hey there -- if you have a step by step procedure for how you're posting the photos (i.e. using photobucket, posting directly to FC) as well as what browser type and version you're using, it can help tech fix the issue.

Thanks,

Paul
Old 01-29-2013, 10:17 AM
ib-jason

Double rainbow

What does this mean?

Problem reproduced. Working on it now...
Attached Images

Old 01-29-2013, 10:24 AM

Yes, this is exactly what happens when I try to post a photo.. I always resize it on my computer and save the changes before posting that has always worked in the past but not anymore and as I mentioned in the Mod List, alot of the experienced FC members who have posted photos correctly for years are now facing the same challenge.

And see with that huge photo, you have to scroll back and forth to read the text.

I can't remember what program I use to resize just that it has Sketch and Skew on it and I resize it down to where it is the size that FC will accept and save it. But as I Seleach mentioned, it comes out huge like the photo on here.

Thanks for the prompt response.

Anna

Last edited by AnnaInOhio; 01-29-2013 at 10:27 AM.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:27 AM
ib-jason

If you resize it, do you resize the dimensions of the file, or just the size of the file? I posted another image earlier which did fit within the viewing window and didn't get expanded to a larger size. But the larger image above (the rainbow) was huge to begin with. Sizing down the dimensions to have a width smaller than 800 pixels would probably fix the problem. But point taken, users shouldn't have to work so hard. Image resizing should ideally be automatic. Working on a solution...
Old 01-29-2013, 10:49 AM
ib-jason

Test

Double rainbow, same image, but now automatically resized. I'd say this problem is now fixed. Try testing it by uploading an image with oversized dimensions. The system will now automatically size it down for you.
Attached Images

Old 01-29-2013, 11:27 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Thanks for fixing it Jason!

visit my blogs:
Amanda's Cookin'
Crafts by Amanda
Old 01-29-2013, 12:27 PM

Testing

just a test
Attached Images

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
Old 01-29-2013, 12:31 PM

Wow!! That's pretty big. Though smaller than the original. I think I would resize before I posted. My photos are in the windows 7 album and I use that program to resize.
However I left this at actual size when I posted. I posted directly to FC and use google chrome. I have to scroll across the screen to get to the right edge of the post.

Thomas Jefferson
Old 01-29-2013, 12:48 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

You are only having to scroll because of the extra large photo that was posted earlier Sharon, not because of the one you posted And yours looks fine to me.

visit my blogs:
Amanda's Cookin'
Crafts by Amanda