Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Parenting > Parenting Issues > Single Parents

View Poll Results: How do I deal with Nana?
Blow-up 0 0%
Ask politely for the 2nd time 12 85.71%
Have MY mom deal with her 2 14.29%
Have one of my friends say something 0 0%
Rub it in her face in front of her friends 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-12-2006, 04:37 PM
Five Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Am I the only one who doesn't think this is really what this is about? Personally, I am not trying to be rude, but it sounds like there is something else going on. I know you said that there was more, but this really does sound like a little thing. Does your MIL spend a lot of time with Granddaughter? If so , you could be jealous of their relationship.

It would absolutely drive me insane if I asked my MIL to not let my child call her Mommy and she let her do it anyway, but that is because my MIL drives me NUTS anyway. She irritates me to my last bone. But it is for other reasons. And if those other reasons are there, you are going to have a BIG problem living right next to her all the time.

My point is , I know it would NOT bother me for my daughter to call MY mom Mommy, but it would bother me about the MIL. WHY? because we don't get along for OTHER reasons.

I hope this doesn't sound rude, and i know I haven't heard the whole story, but it really does sound like you and her have more issues than just the Mommy thing.

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, and really hope this works out and that I am wrong. ( I am a lot -- LOL)

Rachel
Old 12-12-2006, 09:13 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Thumbs up

I would like to thank everyone for their thoughts and warm wishes. It really helps me to know that I'm not the only one that has this particular issue to deal with. It may seem small but when it's put together with the OTHER small issues it becomes a really BIG DEAL!! I want to especially thank Rachel for her honesty, one because you were absolutely correct! Two, because what you said made me realize I was in a bit of denial. I am a bit jelous when Hailee calls her "Mamma" and there ARE many more things going on.
For those that want to know..... my daughter and I will be moving to a different residence in Jan. I plan on staying in the same area because Hailee is doing well at her school and I love my new job and I still want Hailee to have a close relationship with her Nana.
Now that I know where to go for some REAL advise, I will be back to ask a few more of those "life" questions, because I have a feeling there is going to be a lot more coming my way.
My heartfelt Thanks to all,
Chelle
Old 12-13-2006, 12:36 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Chelle, you sound very wise to consider your options, ask advice, and then make your decision. I am glad you will stay close enough to allow your DD to have a relationship with her grandmother. I wish you well and please don't be a stranger. If you get a chance, please pop in to the Introduce yourself thread and say hello to the other wonderful people here at Family Corner.

Bobby Labonte Official Page Facebook

FC Welcome Wagon : Need help? New to FC? Just ask me!
Old 12-23-2006, 01:39 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hmmm Chelle, I think what matters is that you don't like it. Meemaw sounds like a good choice. I once heard someone say, Call me anything just don't call me late for dinner. But when inlaws are involved, you only can decide what is worth working with/changing/fighting or not.

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 12-23-2006, 02:27 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

glad the input helped you make a decision...as DeBora says..come on over to the Introduce yourself here thread and be welcomed by a bunch of really caring, sharing people who are here to listen, help if we can, or just be there if that is the case...wish you and your little girl a happy life....
Name:  friends.gif
Views: 478
Size:  15.8 KB
Old 01-09-2007, 06:10 PM
Five Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Chelle, That is great things are working out. I know what it is like to have issues with MILs. NOt that all arebad, they sometimes just try to "HELP" too much...haha. Mine lives 1,200 miles away...:-) and she can still irritate me! But that is my problem! It doesn't seem to bother her a bit! Take care, and hope to see you around here some more...Rachel
Old 11-11-2008, 08:27 AM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Wow, my mom who is my son grandma oh she's much more worse with interferring she actually tries to be the Mother and tells me to Be quiet!

She gets so moody when I don't go her way .

I'm like Mom this is My Son and i'm the mother not you!