Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 09-12-2003, 04:44 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

C-Section

Who out there in our wonderful family corner has had a c-section?

I have had two first one was a surprise the second was planned...

Anyone have a VBAC(vaginal birth after delivery)? How was it?

I love my boys but boy does it hurt>

Old 09-13-2003, 04:07 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I've had 3 c-sections... same situation, the first was an emergency c after 20 hours of labor, I had only dilated to 3 cm! The cord started to wrap around his neck and that was that. I tried VBAC the second time and it just wasn't going to happen. The 3rd was planned. In fact, I asked my doctor about trying VBAC again, but he said no way.... I had a hard time mentally for a while, not feeling like I actually "gave birth" so to speak, but I've gotten over it. I have 3 great kids to show for this scar
And honestly, the 3rd surgery was the easiest to recover from. I had my tubes tied immediately afterwords because I felt that 3 surgeries was enough for me!

My advice to anyone who has to have a c-section:
Get up and move as soon as your dr/nurse says you can!! Yes, it's excruciating, but the more you move in the first few days, the sooner you'll be back to your old self.... that's what I found anyway

Keep your words soft and tender as you may have to eat them tomorrow!
Old 09-13-2003, 09:48 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

C-Sections

Hey Laura...you are 9 days older than me;-)

Luckily my first C-Section didn't involve much labor beforehand...My ds's face was stuck in my cervix and there was no way to reposition him...afterward it was by the grace of God that we went ahead with the c-section because my placenta had detached early (placental abruption)...I could of hemmoraged. I had an epidural and as they began to cut I FELT IT! so they ended up having to give me general anathesia. It made me feel groggy and weird for days...Then I got a really bad infection...temperature of 105...I remember trying to breastfeed my little ds and I was shaking SO bad...my Dad said "Ha, He's getting his first milkshake...LOL":mad: I wasn't happy!

C-Section #2 was SO much better...all preplanned, sil was my nurse and I had a spinal block that worked beautifully...except for some adhesions it was great and I really got to bond with him...he was supposed to be a girl;-)

I thought about a VBAC but had Gestational Diabetes with
both and they were awfully big to be pushing out...safety you know...Anyway getting up and moving as soon a possible does make a BIG difference

Sandra

Old 09-17-2004, 08:26 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Emergency C-section

I had an emergency c section..because i had lost vision in one eye due to rise in blood pressure and babys heart rate seemed to be dropping....

I had general anesthesia because a spinal deformity no one would do spinal..and Ben was breech the whole 35 weeks

I can't complain i got up the next day and was a littel stiff but i wasnt in any pain..more like menstral crampy feeling than anything else...

I too felt like i missed out on something like i was less of a mom because i didnt have him naturally..but he was safe and thats whats important..

MD says i could try to do VBAC but i had spinal surgery 18 months ago and dont think its a good idea..

I want to get my tubes cut too...how is that do you feel any difference..physicaly or mentally?

Nancy
Old 09-17-2004, 08:29 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Ethansamuel

Milkshake huh? sounds like something my husband would say too..but with a running start....LOL

His mom was holding Ben when he was hours old and he instinctivly turned to her breast and he said "No thats powdered milk" there was a line of women ready to smack him upside the head....

But ya gotta love them...

nancy
Old 09-17-2004, 08:44 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by bensmom526
I want to get my tubes cut too...how is that do you feel any difference..physicaly or mentally?
I had my tubes cut, tied and then sautered a little over 10 yrs ago (after a VBAC). Made no difference in how I felt at all.... mentally or physically.

I did like the part about not having to worry about getting pregnant any more.

Quote:
Originally posted by bensmom526
like I was less of a mom because I didnt have him naturally
Please don't feel that way. Isn't it your job as the Mom to bring your baby into this world as safely and as healthy as possible?? You were/are a great Mom for putting Ben's health & welfare first.

THINK PINK!!!
Old 09-18-2004, 01:24 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Yes Yes....I mean please NO don't feel like less of a mom because of the c-section! I too felt that way but Cindy is right...healthy and safe baby is the outcome that we ultimately want. I can tell you that c-section number two was much better than the first for me. If I do get pregnant again (doubtful!) then I will have a third c-section and will have my tubes tied. If have had several friends who have had it done and like Cindy have had no regrets nor anything but good feelings about it. And yes...thinking pink is good...I thought pink....ultrasound said pink....and out came ETHAN!

Sandra

Old 09-18-2004, 01:38 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

And yes Nancy...ya gotta love them! They just speak a different language most of the time!

Old 09-19-2004, 02:13 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Think Pink...Think Pink...Think Pink...

Thanks for the info....

Its great to have a place to talk things over...

Guess I'm just scared and confused about it...
seems so final....and drastic

Nancy
Old 09-19-2004, 02:28 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I don't know about drastic but final yes! I have mixed feelings about having another child. There are many opinions in my family of course. The loudest seems to be my mom who objects to a third one. Outwardly she says it's the time/stress factor but inwardly I believe it is because of the gestatinal diabetes and c-sections. I am the only child and I imagine that she fears a bad outcome. Now of course I am a born again Christian who fully believes where my eternal home is therefore much of the fear is removed and made null and void because of my salvation. I am not ready to make that decision yet. Ethan is not yet two and we didn't decide to have another until Nathan was almost 3. I won't rule one out because only the Lord knows his will concerning this. I also wouldn't feel comfortable with making the decision to have another one right now. Ethan has totally completed our family. His big brother, once he figured out that no the Dr. didn't make a mistake and give us an Ethan instead of an Emma, loves his little brother, watches out for him, plays with him and pats him on the back when he coughs. There are times when sharing is a little hard since little brother always wants what big brother has! But the Lord has given us the strength to negotiate that. I know you will continue to be a great Mom Nancy and I know you'll make the right decision about having your tubes tied if you give it over to the Lord and listen for his answer!

God Bless you Nancy!

Sandra