Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 02-24-2012, 10:26 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Compared to the ones I have read, I guess I had a fairly simple pregnancy...Had night sickness...I would come home to cook dinner and had to have dh finish as the smells made me ill...I only gained 17 lbs through out the pregnancy...but they did keep taking measurements and ultra sounds, as thy thought I was going to have twins(runs in family), because I looked like I had swallowed 2 watermelons...Job made me quit 2 weeks before due date(SC has no pregnancy laws, so I was going to work right up until I had the baby) because I made them feel uncomfortable. I had no real cravings, but had to start each morning with Hardee's croissants and hash rounds. We were at a Ryans having dinner and as we left i started to leak...in thinking my water broke we headed to the hospital...they ran a couple of test, apparently there was a rupture in the sac, but by the time we had gotten to the hospital, it seemed to have healed over. At the next Dr. appt, they did another ultra sounds, all of the Dr appt were by myself as dh had to work and I have no family here, I was already late, and they threatened that if I did not go into labor by the following Friday they would induce labor. Luckily or not on Thursday night I took a nice hot shower, but when I came out, something did not seem right, so called a friend to fo with us, and to the hospital we went...this time they hoked me up, keep checking the baby with a fetal monital and did another ultra sound as they said my contractions were going off the charts, but nothing seemed to be happening...they even had to break my water...swore we were having a boy(I always felt that it was going to be a girl)...They finally decided C section time as the head was turned a degree not to allow it to go into the birth canal...I remember the spinal block, bit not too much after that...I do know my dh was there, I remember them putting a face in front of mine, bit nothing much after that til woke up in my room and my first question was where was my dh...I was informed he had gone home to get some sleep...with the spinal block I had to stay flat on my back for several hours and they would not bring the baby to me til someone was there with me, so I had to wait. When they brought her in, you could take a black and white picture of me and a picture of her and you would have sworn it was the same person. Although the nursery though she like her dad...I found out they did let dh cut the cord, she was 19 inches long, 8lbs, 9 oz...stubborn from birth...and still can be...By Saturday night I was sitting on the floor with dh putting together an Avon order and by Monday they were ready to release me, but not her as her biliruben (??) count was done...I refused to leave without her...they finally allowed us to take her home on the condition that we brought her back that night for blood work...called mom and was told to put her in a sunny window, of course it was a gloomy day...so that night we took her back to the hospital for blood work and onto her first outing to an Avon meeting...we shocked everyone when we walked in holding her...of course everyone had to hold her...she did really good til the very end when she did get sick and through up...nothing big, just from being passed around. We did end up putting her on a soy based formula, she was not getting enough from me...the only other problem we have ever had as far as illness was when she got pnemonia...she was at a sitter, spiked a temp of 104...got her to the hospital where her dr met us...gave us some medication and sent us home...switched sitters soon after...one other time spiked again and this time the emergency room treated her with sponge baths and sent us home telling us to give her Robitessin...no problems since, she will be 21 this July.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:46 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

#1 child- dd- I barely made it to the hosp on time.. I had a dr appt that morning but I was spotting also.. Decided to stay home, told husb, that I would had the baby before the night was up.. At lunch time since I didn't he didn't think I would. LOL.. shortly after he went back to work his mother called him to tell him, they were taking me to the hosp...
To me I just wanted them to leave me along and let me go to the bathroom to have a nice bowel movement.. Mother N law told me no, you need to go to hosp.. I was not really hurting, and no water had bursed to my knowledte. As soon as we got to hosp, the nurse asked the dr if they should call the main dr.. and that dr informed her they did not have time.
From stretch to the laboring table, her little head was already out..

Labor was short and quick.. Becaue I had a daughter, I got so excited, and My blood pressure sky rocket.. The had to put me into ICu and give me shots every 4 hrs to bring the blood pressure down. This went on for 48 hrs.. One lolder black woman, Oh, I loved her, she was so caring, looked at me at one time, and said " honey, I don't want to give you any more shots, but I ust hav to.. you are so black and blue there no place to give this shot to u, honey" I just said " give it to me, it's ok".. she did..

7 wks later was back into hosp to have gall bladder out.. lost bonding time again with dd.

#2 child.. boy, oh I was in labor for 22 hrs. of hard labor I was in pain, making up for lost time of not being in pain with dd. I guess. LOL..
Funny part, the dr broke the water, and said be back.. thinking it would be a bout 2 hrs before I went into labor.. Wrong.. He went back to his office seeing another patient. I guess about 30 min later if not sooner, the nurse was calling him to get to the hosp..( As his office was in the hosp area) He left the woman on the table I was told, to get back to me, to have my son. Once he decided he was going to make his enterance, boy he was a fast little bugger...

I have to put in I do remember how I found out I was pg with him, I went in to have a D-N-C and when I was waking up they were telling me " cong" which I wanted to know why for I had a D-N-C, finally they told me while I am still sluggish from being askeep I was going to be a mommy, I told them, NOpe Not me, you have me mixed up with someone else.. It got to be funny looking back, but wasn't at the time..

With my dd, my husband told me I was pg.. and took my thunder out when I did find out I was.. It was no big deal to him.. and he never touched me when I was pg with my son.. so being pg was not the thrills and giggles it is for so many... which I felt as If I missed out on so much. In fact he never wanted me to get pg with my son.. It was only me that wanted him..

Both of my kids I had to do natural as the first one, came to soon, with my son they couldn't give me nothing due to the contractions was inreguler and if they would give me something it would make it worse..

OH, let's don't forget this was with my 1st marriage and not my beloved dear husband (John) which he took the babies when they were 8 and 4

I was also went my dd to watch 3 kids being born too... Her last one took forever to arrived.. they were trying everything they could.. and thought if he didn't come they would have to take it caesaran