Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Secret Sister Club Membership is open to everyone! Please click the forum for further details on how you can participate in this fun club!

Old 01-31-2013, 06:35 AM

Gift Exchange

Ladies,

We need everyone to vote on this. Please let us know what you think.

How do you feel about doing a Gift Swap? There will be a theme every month. Like kitchen, ( towels, pot holder, recipe, etc) pampering ourselves, (hand lotion, shower gel, etc) winter warm up, (cocoa & a cup, cookies) recipes, ( your favorites, recipe magazine, small cookbook) stay in touch, (stationery, pen, address book) basket of goodies, (small basket with a book, bookmark, cocoa, towel, whatever) Holiday themes . You get the idea. You find a lot of things at a dollar store. But food should not be bought there. I know someone who bought chocolate. When she got home and opened it she saw that it was so old it was white on the top. That made me afraid to buy any kind of food. I suppose you could check the dates to see if something was still good. But even then, I'm not sure I'd want it. There will be a $5.00 limit on the gift and that doesn't include postal cost.

We will still match up names for this.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:27 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

This sounds fine to me Minny if you can get enough participants I am game

Unknown
Old 01-31-2013, 08:15 AM

I didn't get to post this as a poll but here are some questions that we need to have answered. Please tell us what you think.

1. "Do you want to change SS to a Gift Swap?"

2. "Do you want to swap every month?"

3. "Do you want to be given a theme for each swap?"
4. "Do you want it to be a secret swap?
5. " Do you still want to send ecards?"
6. "Do you want to keep SS the way it is now?"
Old 01-31-2013, 08:15 AM

subbing

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
Old 01-31-2013, 09:20 AM
Nine Year Member

The gift swap sounds nice.
I really liked the Secret Sister club. I liked sending the ecards and recieving them.
I am excited to see how this all goes.

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 01-31-2013, 04:26 PM

Lauri, you can still send ecards if you want to do that. Hope to get everyone's opinion on this. We're hoping to generate more interest & maybe get some new members to join us.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:03 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I like the e-cards, and gift exchange. Food is sometimes an iffy thing as I know some of us are diabetics, or have allergies. Recipies, gifts for themes are ok too. It's just some do not like the kitchen and don't cook. or really dislike stuff. I think we could have the forms that tell us what our SS likes as is done now and try to fit in a choice of 2 themes which would be good for everyone.
I've had all great SS. Most of them have read my profile list (on the info given to us) and have been great about sending within my list. I know I have also tried to do this (hopefully sucessfully). I always had fun getting my SS's name and going shopping for them. It doesn't matter how many items are in a gift, its the thoughtfulness that counts!
Old 02-01-2013, 03:08 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Location: I live in the foothills of Maine and near a major river. The area is quiet but we can be in a large city that has everything that you would want to visit. WE're two hours from Old Orchard Beach and it is so beautiful
I like it as is
Old 02-02-2013, 05:50 AM

So far, it sounds like most would like a gift exchange and changing names once a month. Keeping it secret and sending ecards, emails. Having a theme every month or 2 themes. So it looks like the only change is that a gift would be required with a $5.00 limit plus postage.
We could call ourselves SS Gift Exchange Club or Secret Gift Exchange Club. And have the same award we have now. These names would let everyone know a gift must be sent. Which name do you like? Or do you have a suggestion?

Info would be sent for the person you receive. All can look at their profile and include facts about health problems that affect what you can receive when it comes to foods and recipes or anything else you cannot receive. Or just put "please do not send food". You could also say "please just send diabetic recipes". I would have to say "please do not send any recipes using seafood."
If you have allergies, this should be in your profile.

I hope more people give us their comments.

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
Old 02-06-2013, 07:48 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Sorry I missed getting this and joining in Feb. I like the idea of the ecards , gifts and secret names. I know it is hard when there are not that many of us. Also I wish we could somehow get a reminder at the end of the month. I've been in a lot of pain & other were sick so the days ran together and I totally forgot. If anyone of the regulars see I dinot sign up feel free to email & remind me.