Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Secret Sister Club Membership is open to everyone! Please click the forum for further details on how you can participate in this fun club!

Old 01-15-2013, 06:56 PM
Assistant Moderator

2013 SS Input

Corrections as been made my Barbar- 1/16

A new year has begun and I would like to ask a few questions to see if we should try to change the SS club or keep it the way it is.

Please vote and make any comments.
We need to have this in place by the 25th as well as have names where we can get this out.

Sometimes changes are hard to make, but sometimes when we make them we can see things are better, and then other times we see we need to go back to the old way of doing things.
Change never happens if we do not throw out ideas and see what the results may be, so here it goes:

Our numbers have decreased over the years since that first SS club. I belive that was back in 04 then in 06 the lightbulb was given out for this idea.
Wow.. hard to believe one idea has gone this long but it has. I've seen a lot of friends that has been made through this club. That has warmed my heart over the years.

We want to thank you all for taking part in the SS Club whether it has been for a very long time or a short time. It may have been on and off. But we couldn't have had it if you hadn't taken part in it in one way or another.
For that ~~~ I thank you my friends.

Now It's time to take a look and see if there is anyway we can improve it, bring back the numbers we used to have, and make it interesting and fun for you.

I have also been in contact with another website that does the SS program. Their numbers have gone down also, mostly because of the cost of mail these days.

So with this in mind these questions are being asked:
1. Do you want to continue to keep it the way it is or have the ss you have for 2 months instead of 1, but we would only send 1 gift
which will give you more time to get your things out and it doesn't cost so much to do it.

2. Continue to go with the gift idea, or make it just an envelope size item. which could also help with the cost. The envolepe could be a manilla envelope or the kind that you get at your post office.

3. Keep the price of gift at NO MORE than 5 which could be including the shipping cost.

4. Continue to make it once a week ecard or increase it by making it twice a week?
Of course you can send as many as you want to during the week

5. A old rule that will be enforced:
We do have to post our Thank you's and I'm going to say at least twice a week instead of once a week. So many has dropped because of not hearing or getting thanked. This is not fair to anyone.
(OR)

4. Have we done the SS long enough and its time to move on and close the SS Club...
Sooner or later all good things come to an end and we can keep the good memories of being part of this club.

PLEASE
Post your comments that you would like to make.

Please do not post that you will do whatever everyone else wants because that doesn't get us any where. As this team of mods which is Minny, Seleach and myself doesn't always agree with one another and we need your input to see where the new direction of the SS club may lead us with your inputs.

This is your club and we would like you to take part in making the rules.
We would also like you to invite your FC friends to join. Or invite someone that you want to see be part of FC and later to be part of the SS club. So please make your comments. Do not be afraid of making a step in speaking out. We are all friends. Where one may shed some light and help others in thier thinking process.
It may help us to see something we haven't thought about. So please make comments.
Sometimes it takes one vote to change or keep it the way it is. SO let your vote count and speak out.

Remember
The moderators of this group will have the final say and can delete posts if we see fit here.
We do not want feelings hurt and please do not target your past SS which I'm sure you wouldn't do in the first place as you are all to sweet to do that!
If you do not make comments or vote, then it will be left up to us the Moderators to chose the path, which could be to close the Club. ( do you really want to take that chance?) Come and help us make a new beginning or keep the old or close it down. If you know past ss tell them to come on over and vote on this..

Next
If you would like to be a part of the SS club for Feb please submit a new application where we all can start fresh. Application can be found at application for the ss club.
If you would like to wait to see what the outcome is we do understand.

Thanks

so much for your time in reading this and again for being a secret sister. l
Love you all and have had a great time in being a part of this process and will remain as long as I can in this group.
Barbara, Minny, Seleach

Reveiw : Past Rules
you need to have 75 posts to join
need to email once a week to your Secret sister
One snail mail per month
Thank you once a week

submit each month your ss questionaire by the 25th.

Without the thank you's, sending out to your ss, and not sending in a questionair will make you sit out for a month.
Attached Images

Last edited by bar_bar; 01-16-2013 at 07:03 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:41 PM

I'd rather we keep it the way it is now with a different sister every month. The reveal package is optional. We do not have to send a big package.. a snail mail card is all that's required. If someone wants to send a gift, that is up to them, but if they do, they should keep the cost down to about $ 5.00. Postage rates are higher so keep that in mind. An envelope sized item is fine.. small items that can be sent in an envelope could be a bookmarker or even just a note to say hello to your sister.

I think it should be kept to sending 1 ecard per week.. more if you want to.

I'm hoping the club will stay open.. it's been so much fun for me. I've made some great friends along the way.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:35 AM

I too have made good friends through the SS Club.

None of the clubs have a lot of members. This club is different due to the fact it is not something we just do for ourselves. Instead we send to others, If we don't have enough people interested we will have no choice but to close it down.

I would like to see SS stay active.

I would prefer a new SS every month. However if the vote is to go every 2 months, then I think we should keep our SS for 2 months. Rather than skip every other month.

At least 1 ecard a week. More if you want too.

I think everyone likes to get a gift in their mail. Not more than $5.00. There are a number of different sized mailing envelopes. A lot of people like shopping the Dollar Store or Dollar Tree or some other store like these. But please don't send any food products such as chocolate candy.
Keep in mind your snail mail can be just a card or post card.

Thank you to all who respond.

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
Old 01-18-2013, 04:16 PM
Assistant Moderator

Someone bought it to my attention and asked me about:
Quote:
5. A old rule that will be enforced:
We do have to post our Thank you's and I'm going to say at least twice a week instead of once a week. So many has dropped because of not hearing or getting thanked. This is not fair to anyone.
well if you only received one ecard per wk you can only thanked the person once per week. I was thinking I think I was on those that does get spoil and get more than 1 ecard per week. If you do then thank them again for it.
We all like to be thanked..
Hope that explains why I wrote what I did.
sorry for any confussion.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:14 PM
Nine Year Member

I
love the secret sister club month to month. I have made so many friends here.

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 01-19-2013, 06:08 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I have not been a part of this club in a while and would like to join again if you decide to keep it going.

My 2 cents worth would be to keep a SS for 1 month but 2 months might be fun and you get to know your SS a little better and would have more time to send gifts and such. I do like the $5 limit as well since everyone is in a budget crunch right now. And about the ecards, I think leaving up to the person how many to send, with the minimum of course being at least 1, is good.

Do I need to send in my form now or wait until the decision is made. Good luck and I hope that I am able to join back in again.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:35 PM
Assistant Moderator

mother of 2, has it has been a long time since you been involved, Would love to have you back with us.
You can either wait or go ahead and send in the information. Just know that the decision will be made by the 25th and names would also need to be in by that same time. SO it might be better to be wise and go ahead knowing we are w aiting to see what will occur.
thanks so much for your input as well as yours too Lauri. More input will help us know what to do.
At this moment not to many are saying one way or not on keeping it open or not.
Even if a few wants it open, we need to have at least about 10 ladies per month to do it, as you can tell it not been that many that as say one way or the other about keeping it open..

Time will tell.
but again we do want all to fill out the application where we can have all up to date information with all starting at the same time.

thanks again for replying to this post.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:27 PM

It has been a long time since I was involved with the SS club, over a year I think. I do miss it, but I don't have access to the computer like before.

I like having a different SS each month. I also think we need to strive to get more involved. No clue how to do this, I have been thinking about it for a long time now.

If I can locate the form, I will sign up again, since I do miss it alot.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:55 PM
Assistant Moderator

Coll, good to see you. You can go to the first post and find the link there to sign up.
tks for your posting and comments.
by the way how have you been doing these days. I was wondering why we didn't see you much now I know.
take care, and hope to see you more often.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:16 PM

Since I'll be doing the match ups this time, I'll be posting the February sign up page tomorrow or Monday.. this will give everyone time to get signed up & for me to get the names matched up sooner.

Barb, please send me the December list. Thanks.