Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Secret Sister Club Membership is open to everyone! Please click the forum for further details on how you can participate in this fun club!

Old 01-20-2013, 05:42 AM

I have set up the Feb sign up page. Go here to sign up

Feb sign up

I sure hope we don't have to close this club completely! I have made so many friends through this club & I would love to see it continue.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:57 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I love the Secret Sister club! I know the numbers have gone down the past couple of years. I think one thing that would make it more successful would to let everyone sign up by filling out the questionaire, but not having to sign up and tell your intentions of participation, that way your identity would truly be a "Secret", also this way it would not really matter how many were participating, if five signed up - just pair them up because for the most part each of us who have participated for any amount of time (over the years per se) have already received a repeat Sis.This way by not putting on here that you will participate, and only the moderators know who is, it will truly be a secret and even if you had been partners in the past it can still be fun and a surprise to find out who your sister was As far as the time frame on keeping your sis, I think that one month would be good, and one or two ecards a week is good, with more if you like - being up to the sender. I also agree on a thank-you, and I think checking in at least once a week would be sufficient, and if you have the spare moments, and you are really feeling special, more than once if you like. A dollar amount of $5.00 sounds fine to me as times are tight, and the manilla envelopes are fine, or whatever way you choose to send. I am not picky, and I even love a nice card. I would hate to see the club stopped as I have had to not participate a few times, but I think as long as we have a few ladies that want to keep it alive that we can go on!

Unknown
Old 01-20-2013, 12:39 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Location: I live in the foothills of Maine and near a major river. The area is quiet but we can be in a large city that has everything that you would want to visit. WE're two hours from Old Orchard Beach and it is so beautiful
I agree that a new one every month is good, but we need to get new members. Also,when they do not sign on to thank you , you don't know if their getting their cards or not. We need to post a thank you
Old 01-20-2013, 12:40 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Location: I live in the foothills of Maine and near a major river. The area is quiet but we can be in a large city that has everything that you would want to visit. WE're two hours from Old Orchard Beach and it is so beautiful
If we have the club in Feb count me in, I'm just hoping my ole computer will stop rejecting internet explorer. Grrrr
Old 01-21-2013, 06:30 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I would love to see it continue, but as I am working 4 10 hour days and have to admit to having another medical scare come up, would ask that we would be allowed to send what we can and realize that not everyone has the same time on the computer as maybe others do. In order to get caught up on a lot of items I do have to bow out for Feb, but would like to be a member for March.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:16 PM
Assistant Moderator

Deb, I'm so sorry to hear about your health. Get well soon.

Diana, your post about not signing in, we will know who is a ss by the " Thank's you" and reason we started making everyone to sign in on the Sign in sheet was due to the fact of mis communication. Often ladies would forget to sign the questionare that they wanted to be included, and then there were a few times they did, but didn't mean to.. so signing in a sign in sheet was a extra measument to make sure they did want to be included.
I do understand what you saying but again, when you post on the 'thank you' they will find out you are a ss.

It seems everyone would like to see it to continue, yet those that has been a ss in the last few months most hasn't posted one way or the other.

This is a hard decision on all of us, for we all have found so many friends, enjoy doing it, yet do we have enought each time to do it each month.. that the key here.
Plus we only have received a very few applications for Feb, but there is still time to get them in to see where we go.... so if you want to be included in Feb go to the Feb sign in and let us know you do want to be included if we do have it.

Thanks.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:35 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I understand Bar-Bar Well, I go with the flow!

Unknown
Old 01-23-2013, 07:27 AM

So far only 1 member has posted on the sign up page.. I know a couple have said they would be in for Feb, but you also have to sign in on that page. Please go to the

Feb sign up

and sign up. We only have a couple more days before we have to make the decision to keep this open or close it completely.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:58 AM

We need to remember Minny and Barb are in the club even if they are not on the sign up page.

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
Old 01-23-2013, 09:25 AM

If I do the matchups, I add Barb's name to the list & she does the same when I participate.

Sharon is right.. Barb & I are always in but it depends on which one of us is doing the matchups as to which one is participating

Quote:
Originally Posted by seleach View Post
We need to remember Minny and Barb are in the club even if they are not on the sign up page.

Last edited by Minny; 01-24-2013 at 05:27 AM.