Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Old 07-18-2003, 04:50 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Catfish Tacos

Orignally posted by CulinaryJen in June 2003 WFD

Patti's Catfish Tacos

2 pounds catfish fillets -- cubed
2 cups tomatoes -- chopped
2 cups cilantro -- chopped
1/2 red onion -- minced
2 cloves garlic -- minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
tortillas

Begin heating the olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat.

Then saute the onions until translucent, then add the garlic cloves.

Once the garlic is golden, add the catfish. Occasionally stir the catfish making sure that all sides of the fish get cooked.

Once cooked, add the tomatoes, cilantro and spices. Because of the water content in the tomatoes and fish, the mixture will begin being a bit soupy. Start to mash some of the fish up. It does not need to be pureed, but rather less bulky to help incorporate the flavors better.

If the mixture is too soupy, use a slotted spoon to serve. Patti likes it better soupy!
Old 06-05-2005, 11:04 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I made these when CulinaryJen first posted the recipe and they were good.

However, last month, my DD wanted "Shrimp" tacos. So, I PM'd CulinaryJen and asked her if she had a recipe that she could share.

She said for me to use this recipe, except to substitute shrimp for the catfish. She also suggested serving sour cream with them.

Well, I made this recipe using shrimp...except I forgot to add the salt and I forgot to pick up the sour cream.

The shrimp tacos were AWESOME!!! In fact, so much so that DD has requested that I make them again today. I will make them without the salt again. Who needs the extra sodium.....especially when it went unnoticed the first time?! There won't be any sour cream this round either as DD & DDF both said they liked them the way I served them the first time!

I would HIGHLY recommend this recipe!!