Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Scouting (Girls) Daisies, brownies, girl scouts! Are you a leader or parent looking for ideas, crafts, support? Ask your questions and share your knowledge here!

Old 02-11-2002, 07:13 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Wow!! Thank you too for all the advice - I am getting so excited about doing this with my girls after reading all the info. What a great source of info./support all of you are going to be if I get involved int this. Thanks again. Sounds like your girls are lucky to have such a caring leader momcat!!!

Rebecca
Old 04-23-2003, 08:49 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Post Reply to Rebann

Hi! Rebann,
This is my 2nd going on 3rd yr as a Girl Scout leader. I have had Brownies and Juniors. What I try to do with the Responsibilties is like for me not only am I a leader I do the paperwork (registrations, dues,anything to do with paperwork) my other Leader is crafty so she helps me run the meeting and what ever craft we do she is in charge of it. I guess what i am trying to say is split the responsibilties whatever she is good at she does and whatever i am good at then I do. I also try to get the mothers to volunteer on field trips. On cookies i usually end up doing them for I am usually the veteran at the cookies when it comes to the other mom's.
The training in my state aren't very long, I think my longest training was 3 hrs. and that was my first training to get the hang of things. But if you have problems with that long of training I know up here you could split it in half. If you have any more questions or want to be a penpal then you can email me directly at [email protected] and if you have yahoo messenger you may add me to your list. Hope you have a great time and year in Girl Scouts.
YFIGS,
Jeanne
P.S. I am going to give you some advice on newsletters. Find out who has a computer those that do do a webpage and those who don't then you can print one out. 9 out 10 mom's have computers so you can save money and time at just having to do a webpage.
Old 06-25-2003, 09:39 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Pinkie Winky

CONGRATS ON GIRL SCOUTS, I HAVE BEEN A CO LEADER FOR BROWNIE AND FOR JUNIORS, AND AT FIRST IT WAS HARD TO GET THINGS ORGANIZED, BUT I THINK BROWNIES WAS HARDER BE CAUSE YOU HAVE TO PLAN PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING FOR THEM, THIS LAST YEAR WE AS LEADERS STARTED THE YEAR OFF WITH EACH GIRL SELECTING WHAT THEY WANTED TO DO AND WHAT BADGES THEY WANTED TO WORK ON, BELIEVE IT OR NOT THINGS FEEL TOGETHER REALLY WELL, MY CO LEADERS ARE WONDERFUL SO WE WORK WELL TOGETHER, WHICH AT TIMES IS GREAT, WERE REALLY STARTING TO THINK ALIKE AFTER A YEAR TOGETHER, KEEP YOUR CHIN UP, AND REMEMBER WE ARE DOING THIS FOR OUR GIRLS, SO DAY THEY WILL BE TAKING OUR PLACE, WITH BEING LEADERS, SO TEACH THEM WELL.