Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Scouting (Girls) Daisies, brownies, girl scouts! Are you a leader or parent looking for ideas, crafts, support? Ask your questions and share your knowledge here!

Old 04-03-2002, 03:40 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

daisy petal

I am a jr. gs leader our troop is helping a daisy troop do a petal. We are supose to do "how to be a sister to every girl scout"

I was not a daisy leader so i dont remember what kindergarteners do.
I need a craft and a game to go along with the topic.

Any help or suggestions would be helpful.
thanks
tab
conway, ar
Old 04-08-2002, 02:53 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi. I am a Brownie Leader. I'm not all that Familiar with Daisys. The phrase "Be a friend to every Girl Scout" brings to mind a craft. making swap pins. Is there another Daisy troop or brownie troop that you could swap pins with? Or I guesse they could justswap with each other. They could make more than one, since they may not want to part with them. makingfriends.com has a lot of swap pins as well as tons of other projects. or you can look on the girlscout web sites too. hope this helps. have fun
Old 04-08-2002, 11:55 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I was never never in the girl scouts (so I am not sure what you need) but this craft came to mind - hope it helps you.
http://www.thefamilycorner.com/famil...sunshine.shtml
(the second craft)

If a man says something and no woman hears it....is he still wrong?

Well, nobody's perfect - Osgood E. Fielding III
SOME LIKE IT HOT (1959)

My FC Member Awards!
<hr height=3 color=green width=95%>

Hey, I won!
Old 04-11-2002, 05:01 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi,

About the idea, make a ribbon that girls can look back said my sister gave this to me........... Maybe braid hair with that new machine and do it in certain colors.... I am on my way to becoming a daisy leader so i just thought i help

hope this helps
Mrs. Richardson

Old 04-13-2002, 02:52 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

thanks for the help.
tab
Old 01-25-2003, 05:20 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

hi,
i am a girl scout leader. i started out being a brownie leader cause my daughter missed out on the daisey's cause no one steped up and became a leader.

ihave never heard of 4 year olds starting daiseys. daiseys start out in kindergarten. so if your niece is in kindergarten maybe she is in daiseys. but this in in arkansas they may have differant rules from place to place. i have been involved with girl scouts for 5 years.

ihope you can get your family differances worked out. i hate that you can not have fun with your nieces.

take care
tab
Old 01-26-2003, 01:43 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

4-year old Daisies

Yes, in our area they announced that they were allowing 4-year-olds to join Daisy Scouts. I am a junior leader, so I am not sure, but I guess they would then do Daisy for two years. I believe this came about after GS started doing special short programs with HeadStart 4-year-olds. I was not really happy with the announcement as we seem to have a hard enough time finding leaders for Daisys (not to mention other age groups) and the Daisy groups seem to be almost overcrowded. But I think GS was hoping to also get more parents involved earlier (when they and their kids are younger and maybe have more energy?)
Old 01-29-2003, 12:31 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

thank you for the new information about the daiseys.

what state do you live in?

i am in arkanas and we havent started it here yet. or at least i am not aware of it yet.

tab
Old 02-01-2003, 04:36 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Since you have an older troop helping with the Daisys, maybe they could make a picture frame craft. The big girls could help the little ones make frames out of craft foam or popsicle sticks and decorate them. Then you could take a Polaroid picture of the Daisys with their older "sister scout" and the girls can frame the picture.

I don't have a good idea for a game, but anything involving partners or teamwork would be appropriate.

Have fun!
Old 02-02-2003, 08:03 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Be a Sister idea

I just found a page I had pulled from the GS leader magazine that tells ideas for each Daisy petal. For the "Be a Sister" one it suggests pairing off girls with a friend (such as one of your juniors) to get acquainted. It says "Then, girls took the letters of their friends' names and thought up words beginning with the letters to describe their friends. The girls worked together on each others names." I guess in order to describe each other the pairs would have to get acquainted and talk about their likes and dislikes, etc.

Anyway, that's the idea from GS leader mag!