Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Scouting (Girls) Daisies, brownies, girl scouts! Are you a leader or parent looking for ideas, crafts, support? Ask your questions and share your knowledge here!

Old 02-27-2005, 09:14 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Our girls are now in the 2ne grade and writing. They are interested in trading postcards with another troop or two if anyone is interested.

My DD told them about her postcard penpals and they were really interested.

So is any troop or troops willing to trade with 15 2nd year Brownies?

Children have never been very good at listening to their parents, but they have never failed to imitate them. Baldwin ~
Old 08-25-2005, 12:24 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

http://www.byenvision.com/TD/ Official Postcard swapping!

I am actually starting up a new Brownie unit in my village on 22nd Sept, wish me luck!
Old 08-25-2005, 09:41 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Honeybee - Good Luck. It is so much fun though. I and the other co-leader have been having fun running the meetings for the 2nd half of last year and now as our leader has gone back to school in the evenings. Right now we are having the fun task of planning meetings around volleyball practices as 11 out of the 15 girls also play volleyball.

Children have never been very good at listening to their parents, but they have never failed to imitate them. Baldwin ~
Old 10-20-2005, 09:42 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Honeybee, We have signed up for the postcard exchange. I did see your name on the site. We have trades with almost all of the states (need 10 more) and one foreign country sent an ecard and have a trade with Canada. I am waiting for some confirmations, hopefully from some of the other countries that the girls were interested in. It becomes quite hectic getting all the emails, keeping your lists, sending for those you want, etc. I hate turning people down but you have to otherwise you could have over a hundred trades. The leader from a foreign country told me she had 157 emails so far.

Old 09-06-2006, 02:46 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Postcard Exchange for this year is open!!!!
Old 10-08-2006, 03:31 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

postcard swapp

Honey bee,
How do I get my troop on the list for the post card swap this year? gardneto
Old 10-08-2006, 09:16 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

You sign up for a Yahoo id and then go to this group (addy above) and sign up, they will add you to the database.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:51 AM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

In my area, KC, MO, we have try-it, badge or ip days. A troop, usually older girls, plan and hold the event for the younger girls. We also have what we call Lock-ins. Where the troop leader plans what the girls will work on. It is usually an overnight event.